Windows 10: Computer crashing after update 2004 - keyboard inputs cause active app to crash

Discus and support Computer crashing after update 2004 - keyboard inputs cause active app to crash in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; As the tittle says, I updated to 2004 yesterday and now any open and active app crashes when I make any keyboard inputs. All apps from what I can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tic_douloureux, Sep 6, 2020.

1. Computer crashing after update 2004 - keyboard inputs cause active app to crash

As the tittle says, I updated to 2004 yesterday and now any open and active app crashes when I make any keyboard inputs.

All apps from what I can notice. I was able to play Civ VI just fine but everything else crashes including Brave browser and Chrome.

Keyboard: WASD brand tenkey

Computer: AMD 1800x, 32gb ram, Nvidia 1080, windows 10

submitted by /u/tic_douloureux
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tic_douloureux, Sep 6, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.5 causing crashes on load up

Any chance you could narrow it down to which running application causes GPU-Z to crash? Ideally steps to reproduce for me here.

W1zzard, Sep 6, 2020
  3. Noor_Azam Win User
    update causing crash

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand it can be frustrating when the Windows updates don’t work the way they are supposed to and crash the computer.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. When you say the system is crashed, do you get any error message or error code?
    3. Are you able to Boot into the computer?

I suggest you to try with these following step on your computer and check the result with the issue.

Refer this article and try getting into
    Safe Mode
    . If the computer is not crashing in safe mode then perform a clean boot from safe mode.
    Refer the article on How to perform a clean boor in Windows. If
    the PC is not crashing then please refer the section How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot.

Note:
    Clean Boot starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs, so that you can determine whether a background program is interfering with your game or program. Also, you may not be able to use some programs in clean boot.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Noor Azam S

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Noor_Azam, Sep 6, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Computer crashing after update 2004 - keyboard inputs cause active app to crash

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Sep 6, 2020
Thema:

Computer crashing after update 2004 - keyboard inputs cause active app to crash

1. Computer crashing after update 2004 - keyboard inputs cause active app to crash - Similar Threads - Computer crashing update

2. Windows Mail app update causing crashes?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Mail app update causing crashes?: The last 2 days, I have having a few crashes and freezing on 3 of my PCs. The Windows Mail app seems to the the problem and is not loading emails on all accounts. Are there any know issues with Windows 10 Pro? The only other common demonstrator is AVG Pro Anti Virus...
  3. Windows Mail app update causing crashes?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Mail app update causing crashes?: The last 2 days, I have having a few crashes and freezing on 3 of my PCs. The Windows Mail app seems to the the problem and is not loading emails on all accounts. Are there any know issues with Windows 10 Pro? The only other common demonstrator is AVG Pro Anti Virus...
  4. Windows Mail app update causing crashes?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Whats causing these crashes...app crash data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Whats causing these crashes...app crash data: All my simulators seem to crash after a few hours...but seems like the "fault module" is different each time, but something is just closing them out....heres two different occasions, one from yesterday and one today...can anyone narrow this down?? Heres one from yesterday.....
  6. Update caused crash

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update caused crash: This afternoon, I sat down to work on the PC, and found it was updating. I've never encountered afternoon updates before, but waited for completion. When it was done, the screen remained black, and there was a series of four loud tones, then four lower tones. Then it...
  7. Computer crashed after update

Computer crashed after update: After the last update, my PC showed an issue and then crashed https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-crashed-after-update/72ca8dc7-b0af-4e25-8bc0-30b4dbc11093
  8. Outlook Desktop app crashing after the feature update 2004

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook Desktop app crashing after the feature update 2004: after update to 2004, outlook desktop keeps freezing. I uninstall and reinstall the entire Office app but still same thing. I filed the bug on Feedback Hub but looks like there is no fix despite the numbers of report. Anyone else having similar issue or have solution yet? I...
  9. Computer crashes after update

Computer crashes after update: Just after the latest update, my computer won't stop crashing, every time I start my machine and do no matter what for 1 or 2 minutes. Everything unrespond, and that's it. Every time and every time!...
  10. update causing crash

update causing crash: here i am again with an update crashing my computer ( windows 10). the first time was may. after nearly two years of running perfectly, an update crashed it. it turned off to restart and never came back on. no safe mode, nothing. took it in under the warranty and...