Windows 10: Computer crashing and freezing

Discus and support Computer crashing and freezing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop has been randomly freezing while I am using it. It has occurred a few times over the past days and it is slightly worrying. I copied the dump... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by toastinatoaster, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Computer crashing and freezing

My laptop has been randomly freezing while I am using it. It has occurred a few times over the past days and it is slightly worrying. I copied the dump files into my OneDrive so please do take a look and help me identify my problem.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ah2dIBdzpb0ogxEkD_fyB2gM7DYK?e=NhvbdJ

I believe some of the files have different issues so please tell me what they are. If you need any other information I will gladly give it.

:)

toastinatoaster, Apr 1, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Apr 1, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Apr 1, 2020
  4. vinsterX Win User

Computer crashing and freezing

Random Crash/Freeze on Build 10130

Hello everyone.

I have been running the Windows 10 preview for the last few months and other than a driver issue here or there, did not experience any real problems. However, with the last update to build 10130, I have been experiencing a random crash/freeze that manifests itself in one of two ways:

1. If I step away from the computer and come back before the monitor is set to go to sleep, I will come back to a frozen cursor, unable to do anything.
    2. If I step away from the computer and come back after the monitor has gone to sleep, I will come back to a black screen, unable to do anything.
    In both cases, I have to hold the power button in to shut down the computer for a restart.

Any direction or help would be greatly appreciated.

vinsterX, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Computer crashing and freezing

1. Computer crashing and freezing - Similar Threads - Computer crashing freezing

2. Computer freezes or crashes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer freezes or crashes: My computer has been freezing or crashing this past week and I haven't added any new programs. I have updated all drivers, cleaned and defragged my drives, checked windows and BIOS for updates but nothing has stabilized the computer. Here are my specs.IntelR CoreTM i9-10850K...
  3. Computer freezes or crashes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer freezes or crashes: My computer has been freezing or crashing this past week and I haven't added any new programs. I have updated all drivers, cleaned and defragged my drives, checked windows and BIOS for updates but nothing has stabilized the computer. Here are my specs.IntelR CoreTM i9-10850K...
  4. Computer keeps freezing and crashing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer keeps freezing and crashing: Lately my pc keeps malfunctioning,Sometimes it crashes and then reboots by itself, other times it prompts me with the BSOD.I performed a clean install of Windows 11, just in case, but the problem persisted.Then i found out I had a firmware update for my SSD, so I updated it,...
  5. my computer crashes/freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    my computer crashes/freezes: From the start of May until June my computer has been working perfectly with very little issues. That was the case until 6/3/21 when my computer froze and crashed 6 times within a single day. For 5 of the occurrences, my monitor would turn black then the audio would repeat...
  6. Computer freezing and crashing randomly.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer freezing and crashing randomly.: So recently i ran into an issue with admin permissions on my computer. Thanks to the community, i managed to get it fixed....
  7. Computer Crashing/Freezing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer Crashing/Freezing: for about the past week my pc has been freezing and crashing and giving me the error code DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATIONi looked up how to fix it and updated the drivers, ran chkdsk and sfc /scannow and even factory reset and reinstalled windows. can someone help me fix this problem....
  8. Computer freezing and crashing

Computer freezing and crashing: Most of the time my computer is freezing and its getting more often. but sometimes i get the blue screen as well here is the bug code 0x0000000a 0x0000000000000004, 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000001, 0xfffff8066dbc96b6. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report...
  9. Computer keeps crashing/freezing.

Computer keeps crashing/freezing.: So I've been encountering many problems with my PC. The most important of which is that it will on occasion crash and or freeze, while doing anything. Its happened while there was nothing running, or while i'm doing stuff very intense and all in between. All my drivers are up...
  10. Computer keeps freezing and crashing.

Computer keeps freezing and crashing.: The computer won't stay on long enough for me to run sfc /scannow, and if I try it from a recovery disk command line, it says Windows resource protection failed. If I try to use safe mode, it freezes up there too with the same message. If I try to do a system restore, it...