Windows 10: Computer crashing, black screen, probably related to AMD master driver

Discus and support Computer crashing, black screen, probably related to AMD master driver in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have been having an issue for a few months where my computer or possibly just GPU will crash. The crash consists of a black screen with some audio... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LordM00, Jun 1, 2021.

1. LordM00 Win User

Computer crashing, black screen, probably related to AMD master driver

I have been having an issue for a few months where my computer or possibly just GPU will crash. The crash consists of a black screen with some audio that will eventually stop. The fans of my GPU will run at maximum speed, and the computer will be completely unresponsive, forcing me to turn it off using the power button.The crash so far only occurs when running certain GPU intensive programs and games, such as Warframe, Vermintide 2, and Furmark. Interestingly, the crash has never occurred when using some other bench-marking software, such as Unigine Heaven, 3Dmark Firestrike, and prime95.

:)

LordM00, Jun 1, 2021
  2. Mala_S Win User

AMD drivers causing computer to black screen without a cursor

Hello krise1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

What is the make and model of the PC?

Generally, this issue is caused by incompatible devices. It can also occur due to connection problem with your display, display adapter driver update or due to issues with recent updates or installations. Kindly follow the below
    suggestions and check if it helps.

Method 1: Boot into Safe Mode.

If you are unable to boot to the desktop due to black screen, I recommend you to get into safe mode through WinRE. Wherein, safe mode starts Windows in a basic state using limited set of files and drivers. For more information,
    you may refer the article on
    Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10
    and refer to the suggestions provided under ‘From a black or blank screen’.

Method 2: Update the Graphics drivers.

If the latest edition of driver is causing the issue, you may revert to the previous edition and check if the issue persists. To do that,

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager.
    • Locate to Display adapters in Device Manager and expand it.
    • Right click on the driver and click on
      Properties.
    • Select Driver tab and hit on
      Roll Back Driver
      option.

Else, you can uninstall the latest drivers from the device manager and re-install the old drivers from

AMD Radeon R9 270 Drivers
    website.

Additional Information: You may also refer to the article on

Troubleshoot black screen errors
    for further information.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Jun 1, 2021
  3. Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen

I have installed Windows 10 and then my laptop tried to install AMD display drivers. But rebooting the laptop resulted in a black screen. I performed some troubleshooting steps like deleting Windows automatic updates and updating graphic card drivers.
    But I still get the black screen. I use Radeon r9 270 gpu, intel i5-4670k cpu. My system is
    Windows 10 64 bit.

Brooke Grant, Jun 1, 2021
  4. krise1 Win User

AMD drivers causing computer to black screen without a cursor

I'm having an issue installing AMD display drivers on a new windows 10 Operating System. After installing Windows 10, connecting to the internet, and checking for updates my computer will black screen withouta cursor when it tries to install AMD display
    drivers. Rebooting the computer results in a black screen on boot similar to the one when the driver attempted to update. In order to fix this I've used the windows system restore to get back to windows. Afterthis I tried delaying Windows automatic updates
    and installed the up to date drivers for my graphics card, a Radeon r9 270, off of the amd website. At first the update appears to go well, but when it hits 40% progress results in a black screen without a cursor.After that attempt to solve the problem failed,
    I tried switching the cable connecting my monitor to the gpu out with another one, but that also resulted in a black screen when attempting to install the amd drivers. At this point I have no idea what to do.

My specs include:

intel i5-4670k cpu

Radeon r9 270 gpu

corsair 400W psu

Windows 10 64 bit OS

500GB SSD

krise1, Jun 1, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer crashing, black screen, probably related to AMD master driver - Similar Threads - Computer crashing black

2. Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly: Here's what Windbg shows about the minidump that was created after the crash on startup. I believe it's Nvidia but let me know your thoughts and how to solve this issue.I've installed a driver recently I believe, a new driver released by Nvidia. Microsoft R Windows Debugger...
  3. Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly: Here's what Windbg shows about the minidump that was created after the crash on startup. I believe it's Nvidia but let me know your thoughts and how to solve this issue.I've installed a driver recently I believe, a new driver released by Nvidia. Microsoft R Windows Debugger...
  4. Black screen crash related to Nvidia driver possibly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Black Screen AMD Driver Crash in Windows 11 Regardless of Fixes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black Screen AMD Driver Crash in Windows 11 Regardless of Fixes: Since switching to Windows 11 I have dealt with an unpredictable black screen crash when gaming. It appears to only happen when the GPU is under load, but it doesn't necessarily correspond with GPU use intensity, I've tested stability with over an hour running FurMark and...
  6. Black Screen AMD Driver Crash in Windows 11 Regardless of Fixes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black Screen AMD Driver Crash in Windows 11 Regardless of Fixes: Since switching to Windows 11 I have dealt with an unpredictable black screen crash when gaming. It appears to only happen when the GPU is under load, but it doesn't necessarily correspond with GPU use intensity, I've tested stability with over an hour running FurMark and...
  7. Computer Crashes with Black Screen - Not Sure if Video or Audio or Dropbox Related

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer Crashes with Black Screen - Not Sure if Video or Audio or Dropbox Related: Hi thereWindows crashes to a black screen randomly from a few minutes to a few days and I can't get to the bottom of it. Initially it looked like the hard drive as a sector was bad on that so I replaced it and did a clean install. However, it started happening again.I seem to...
  8. Recurring sudden blackscreens, probably driver-related

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Recurring sudden blackscreens, probably driver-related: Hello. Basically, every few days, when I'm lucky just every few weeks, my screen will suddenly go black while the PC is running. I can usually get it back by rebooting the PC, but it'll repeat itself a few minutes later. The only solution I have found so far is to uninstall...
  9. Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Installing AMD drivers caused the black screen: I have installed Windows 10 and then my laptop tried to install AMD display drivers. But rebooting the laptop resulted in a black screen. I performed some troubleshooting steps like deleting Windows automatic updates and updating graphic card drivers. But I still get the...
  10. AMD drivers causing computer to black screen without a cursor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD drivers causing computer to black screen without a cursor: I'm having an issue installing AMD display drivers on a new windows 10 Operating System. After installing Windows 10, connecting to the internet, and checking for updates my computer will black screen without a cursor when it tries to install AMD display drivers. Rebooting...