Windows 10: Computer Crashing Certain Programs

Discus and support Computer Crashing Certain Programs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been crashing a game i am playing. It wasnt doing it last week but it is now every 3-5 minutes. below is the event Report: Log... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LordTinker81, Nov 26, 2019.

1. Computer Crashing Certain Programs

My computer has been crashing a game i am playing. It wasnt doing it last week but it is now every 3-5 minutes. below is the event Report:

Log Name: Application

Source: Windows Error Reporting

Date: 11/25/2019 8:23:51 PM

Event ID: 1001

Task Category: None

Level: Information

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer:

Description:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: LiveKernelEvent

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: 141

P2: ffffce8d9372d010

P3: fffff8033faf8950

P4: 0

P5: 34d0

P6: 10_0_17763

P7: 0_0

P8: 256_1

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\Windows\LiveKernelReports\WATCHDOG\WATCHDOG-20191125-2023.dmp

\\?\C:\Windows\TEMP\WER-421718-0.sysdata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9A7D.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9A8E.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9A8F.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER9AAF.tmp.txt

Is there something i can do? I am assuming it has something to do with the Video Card I have tried to delete the drivers and Reinstall them. Didn't seem to work. I have the Game company looking into the game file to see if it is that causing it but need to resolve this.

:)

LordTinker81, Nov 26, 2019
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Nov 26, 2019
  3. Weird Computer Crashes

Well it does make sense. Not having the computer crash on the most extreme programs means there is a problem is some part of the HD, so that means maybe sector x and y were corrupted and only certain programs would trigger it.

PVTCaboose1337, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Computer Crashing Certain Programs

Changing volume and opening certain programs crashes sound and videos

Now, the title sounds a bit odd, and it is.

My computer has started doing some weird things lately, it stops sound from certain apps completely and crashes youtube videos when I either change the volume on my laptop or open certain programs.

List of what causes the crashing

- Changning or muting the sound on my laptop

- Opening Fruity Loops Studio (a music production app)

- Closing my laptop by folding it together (like laptops are supposed to)

List of what crashes:

Youtube videos (all of them)

Minecraft sound

Discord sound and speech

Spotify temporary sound crash (comes back after a second or two)

Fruity Loops Studio sound and ability to play the song at all

That's all the ones I could remember off the top of my head

There is something odd going on and I have no idea what is wrong. it keeps getting worse

PS: I put the Question in devices and driver because I had to choose a topic, I don't know if it's the drivers that are failing

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC

Kasper Larson, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Computer Crashing Certain Programs

1. Computer Crashing Certain Programs - Similar Threads - Computer Crashing Certain

2. Certain programs won't open on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certain programs won't open on my computer: After installing Ryzen 9 5900X I've had some issue's, one being that I kept getting a BSOD, fixed that by disabling CPB. Now I'm noticing game's and app's such as Run-8 Train Simulator and, GMOD, Wallpaper Engine will not start. I ran SFC /SCANNOW and it fixed it but after...
  3. Certain programs won't open on my computer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Certain programs won't open on my computer: After installing Ryzen 9 5900X I've had some issue's, one being that I kept getting a BSOD, fixed that by disabling CPB. Now I'm noticing game's and app's such as Run-8 Train Simulator and, GMOD, Wallpaper Engine will not start. I ran SFC /SCANNOW and it fixed it but after...
  4. Computer crashes during certain games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during certain games: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to get my computer to stop crashing/forced restarts. This only occurs when playing certain games, like recent MMO's and it take can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours for it to happen. I ran driver verifier and caused it to...
  5. Computer crashes during certain games

Computer crashes during certain games: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to get my computer to stop crashing/forced restarts. This only occurs when playing certain games, like recent MMO's and it take can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours for it to happen. I ran driver verifier and caused it to...
  6. certain programs won't open on my computer

certain programs won't open on my computer: certain programs won't open on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-programs-wont-open-on-my-computer/c2f80ea5-e87b-4e78-97ba-90665cbea630
  7. certain programs won't open on my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    certain programs won't open on my computer: certain programs won't open on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-programs-wont-open-on-my-computer/c2f80ea5-e87b-4e78-97ba-90665cbea630
  8. Certain programs won't open on my computer.

Certain programs won't open on my computer.: Hi, I've recently been having a problem with my computer where certain programs won't open at times. So far I've had problems with Blender, After Effects and GIMP, if I restart my computer, these programs will work just fine, but other times, they just won't open. The loading...
  9. Frequent crashes in certain programs

Frequent crashes in certain programs: Hi, As of recently, my PC has been crashing without a BSOD. This occurs mainly with games developed in Unity and when I connect my Oculus Quest through link. I have tried resetting windows through the recovery option in settings. I have the latest Nvidia drivers and have...
  10. certain programs slowing down computer

certain programs slowing down computer: how do i put certain programs on my windows 10 computer to sleep? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/certain-programs-slowing-down-computer/46aad902-1d53-429f-8669-83475179aa5f