Windows 10: Computer crashing during games - please help!

Discus and support Computer crashing during games - please help! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, I am running the latest build of Windows 10, and I am having a problem whereby my PC will crash during games. It will hard reset itself with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LouisO'Halloran, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Computer crashing during games - please help!

Hi all,

I am running the latest build of Windows 10, and I am having a problem whereby my PC will crash during games. It will hard reset itself with no warning, or it will freeze and I have no option but to hard reset it myself. It happens in more demanding games like Blops 4 and less demanding games like Fifa. I will list my specs and what I have tried so far (note it is a 5 year old build):

Specs:

Gpu: GTX 670, 4GB
    CPU: AMD FX-8350
    RAM: 8GB DDR3
    Motherboard: Not 100% but it is definitely Gigabyte AM3+
    HDD: Evo SSD, 120GB and 2TB HDD

What I have tried:

Clean installing Windows 10
    Stress testing both CPU and GPU: No crash
    Checking CPU and GPU temperatures during gaming -- both low. CPU in 40s, GPU in 60s.
    Installing latest Nvidia Drivers
    Running memory diagnostics: no errors
    Checking memory diagnostics: no error dumps created. Note that it is not a blue screen, but a hard reset

So I am a bit stumped. Please help!

:)

LouisO'Halloran, Dec 6, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Computer crashes when trying to game

Hi Simon,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community and we apologize for delay in response.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Do you receive any error message, while game get crashed?

2) Is the issue confined to War games only?

This issue might occur, if graphics driver is not updated properly.

I would suggest you to update your graphics driver and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.

• Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

• Expand the Display adapter.

• Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

Computer crashing during games - please help!

ASPHALT 8 GAME crashes as soon as it is opened

Hi Deepak,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular game?
    Since the game is crashing, the first thing I would suggest is to reinstall the game and then check if it helps. I would also request you to place the computer in clean boot and then check if it helps.

Putting your system inClean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform
    a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Please revert if the game still crashes.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Computer crashing during games - please help!

1. Computer crashing during games - please help! - Similar Threads - Computer crashing during

2. Please help with PC crashing during games Minidump included

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help with PC crashing during games Minidump included: Hey ya'll! Thanks in advance for any help with this. It's really bothersome, and I appreciate any help you can offer.Been getting pretty frustrating crashes over the last week or 2. Honestly I feel like it's been going on for longer than that, but I thought I had figured it...
  3. Please help with PC crashing during games Minidump included

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help with PC crashing during games Minidump included: Hey ya'll! Thanks in advance for any help with this. It's really bothersome, and I appreciate any help you can offer.Been getting pretty frustrating crashes over the last week or 2. Honestly I feel like it's been going on for longer than that, but I thought I had figured it...
  4. Computer crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during gaming: I am Kylie from Dalmine flangesMy computer keeps restarting while playing video games, but not while browsing Chrome or other applications. I've been monitoring temperatures while running Heaven Benchmark at high settings, and the CPU doesn't get hotter than low 70's, and the...
  5. Computer crashes during gaming

Computer crashes during gaming: I am Kylie from Dalmine flangesMy computer keeps restarting while playing video games, but not while browsing Chrome or other applications. I've been monitoring temperatures while running Heaven Benchmark at high settings, and the CPU doesn't get hotter than low 70's, and the...
  6. Computer crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Computer crashes during certain games

Computer crashes during certain games: Hi, I have been having trouble trying to get my computer to stop crashing/forced restarts. This only occurs when playing certain games, like recent MMO's and it take can take anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours for it to happen. I ran driver verifier and caused it to...
  8. Computer crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer crashes during gaming: My computer crashes and goes to the BSOD with the error code being System Thread Exception Not Handled while I'm in the middle of playing Warzone with my friends. Here is the link to my dump files and system info,...
  9. Computer crashes during some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during some games: Hi, My computer keeps crashing while I play games. It doesn't happen with all of my games, but for the ones it does, it crashes my entire computer pretty frequently. When playing games like Rust or Phasmophobia, I can expect a crash after roughly 5-15 minutes of gameplay....
  10. Computer crashes during some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during some games: My computer will crash during some games only older ones like nwn 2 and star wars tor. Fallout 4 works fine. I've tried running the games in compatibility mode. The fans will kick in to high gear and the screen goes blank. I have to hold down the power button and do a hard...