Windows 10: Computer crashing during games - please help!

Discus and support Computer crashing during games - please help! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, I am running the latest build of Windows 10, and I am having a problem whereby my PC will crash during games. It will hard reset itself with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LouisO'Halloran, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Computer crashing during games - please help!

Hi all,

I am running the latest build of Windows 10, and I am having a problem whereby my PC will crash during games. It will hard reset itself with no warning, or it will freeze and I have no option but to hard reset it myself. It happens in more demanding games like Blops 4 and less demanding games like Fifa. I will list my specs and what I have tried so far (note it is a 5 year old build):

Specs:

Gpu: GTX 670, 4GB
    CPU: AMD FX-8350
    RAM: 8GB DDR3
    Motherboard: Not 100% but it is definitely Gigabyte AM3+
    HDD: Evo SSD, 120GB and 2TB HDD

What I have tried:

Clean installing Windows 10
    Stress testing both CPU and GPU: No crash
    Checking CPU and GPU temperatures during gaming -- both low. CPU in 40s, GPU in 60s.
    Installing latest Nvidia Drivers
    Running memory diagnostics: no errors
    Checking memory diagnostics: no error dumps created. Note that it is not a blue screen, but a hard reset

So I am a bit stumped. Please help!

:)

LouisO'Halloran, Dec 6, 2018
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Computer crashes when trying to game

Hi Simon,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community and we apologize for delay in response.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

1) Do you receive any error message, while game get crashed?

2) Is the issue confined to War games only?

This issue might occur, if graphics driver is not updated properly.

I would suggest you to update your graphics driver and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows + R key on the keyboard.

• Type devmgmt.msc and press enter.

• Expand the Display adapter.

• Right click on the driver and select Update driver software.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Jessen P Win User

Computer crashing during games - please help!

ASPHALT 8 GAME crashes as soon as it is opened

Hi Deepak,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular game?
    Since the game is crashing, the first thing I would suggest is to reinstall the game and then check if it helps. I would also request you to place the computer in clean boot and then check if it helps.

Putting your system inClean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform
    a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Please revert if the game still crashes.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Computer crashing during games - please help!

1. Computer crashing during games - please help! - Similar Threads - Computer crashing during

2. Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming: Hello. and thank you in advance. I have recently been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes. Mostly when I am playing games (which game game doesn't matter). However I have also crashed while just browsing the web and even during a windows update. Also in my Windows...
  3. Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming

in Windows 10 Support
    Constant BSOD Crashes normally during gaming: Hello. and thank you in advance. I have recently been experiencing multiple BSOD crashes. Mostly when I am playing games (which game game doesn't matter). However I have also crashed while just browsing the web and even during a windows update. Also in my Windows...
  4. AMD radeon crash help please

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    AMD radeon crash help please: Basically when I play certain games the screen randomly turns to a random color and audio stops, I have to turn my pc off and on to do anything. When I get on I get this error message that says some like "AMD radeon settings have been reset to default due to unexpected system...
  5. New laptop crashes to restart during gaming

New laptop crashes to restart during gaming: Greetings, I have an ASUS ROG Strix GL702VS (https://amzn.to/2NukFdz), purchased in a 'Like New' condition off Amazon ~a week ago. All's working fine, except games sometimes crash to restart (CTR). The crash process is always the same: the game freezes for a few seconds,...
  6. Computer crashes during some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during some games: My computer will crash during some games only older ones like nwn 2 and star wars tor. Fallout 4 works fine. I've tried running the games in compatibility mode. The fans will kick in to high gear and the screen goes blank. I have to hold down the power button and do a hard...
  7. Please help windows 10 is crashing computers

Please help windows 10 is crashing computers: I'm posting on behalf of myself and a handful of others, all have gateways, all had windows 8.1, all recently updated to windows 10. Everything seemed fine with the installation, for about a day. Then when the computers turns on the next day we all run into this message "your...
  8. Frequent BSOD Crashing. Help please.

Frequent BSOD Crashing. Help please.: Hey guys. For the past few days I've been getting frequent BSOD crashes with various errors. Some of the ones I've noticed are: Attempted execute of noexecute memory, cache manager, irql not less or equal, watchdog violation, system service exception (klif.sys), kmode...
  9. Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart

Crashes during gaming and followup crashes on restart: I was having similar issues on windows 7 X64, recently updated to 10, issues are still here. Computer will crash during gaming, sometimes it lasts a while or crashes pretty immediately, afterwards, attempting to start the computer will trigger many crashes during startup....
  10. new computer please help

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    new computer please help: HI. How do I find my network DVR in Network and sharing center? 24806