Windows 10: Computer crashing during GPU load.

Discus and support Computer crashing during GPU load. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 3.6GHZ 32.0 GB DDR5 RAM AMD radeon 5700 AMD 580X MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI MOTHERBOARD THERMALTAKE SMART 700W ATX POWER SUPPLY... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by J-O-S-Hpogo, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Computer crashing during GPU load.

AMD RYZEN 5 2600X 3.6GHZ

32.0 GB DDR5 RAM

AMD radeon 5700

AMD 580X

MSI X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI MOTHERBOARD

THERMALTAKE SMART 700W ATX POWER SUPPLY

I have been dealing with my computer crashing when the GPU is under load. I have tried switching different GPUs to try and weed out whether or not the GPU is having problems, and it still crashes. I have tried reformatting all of my HD's and SSD's as well as run SFC commands and using the repair tool as well. I do not overclock my GPU or my CPU because it crashes less frequently when they are not overclocked. I have created the system report log and the critical error that i keep on getting is "Kernel Power 41, category 63."

I am starting to wonder if my power supply isnt strong enough to handle either of the GPUs.

:)

J-O-S-Hpogo, Oct 23, 2020
  2. W1zzard Win User

GPU-Z 0.7.5 causing crashes on load up

Any chance you could narrow it down to which running application causes GPU-Z to crash? Ideally steps to reproduce for me here.

W1zzard, Oct 23, 2020
  3. jwb1965 Win User
    win 10 upgrade crashes computer and will not load windows

PC Win7 64 bit. I tried to do Win 10 upgrade and not save files or apps. PC crashed during upgrade. I tried all the steps listed. It would not let me load image disks that I had made or the system repair disk. I tried to restore to factory setting.
    That didn't work. Now the computer tries to load windows but its tells me the computer was shut down improperly and restarts with the same message. It will not start in save mode.

jwb1965, Oct 23, 2020
  4. peach1971 Win User

Computer crashing during GPU load.

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 23, 2020
Thema:

Computer crashing during GPU load.

1. Computer crashing during GPU load. - Similar Threads - Computer crashing during

2. Computer crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes during gaming: I am Kylie from Dalmine flangesMy computer keeps restarting while playing video games, but not while browsing Chrome or other applications. I've been monitoring temperatures while running Heaven Benchmark at high settings, and the CPU doesn't get hotter than low 70's, and the...
  3. Computer crashes during gaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Computer crashes during gaming: I am Kylie from Dalmine flangesMy computer keeps restarting while playing video games, but not while browsing Chrome or other applications. I've been monitoring temperatures while running Heaven Benchmark at high settings, and the CPU doesn't get hotter than low 70's, and the...
  4. MSFS crashes to desktop during loading.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MSFS crashes to desktop during loading.: During loading, latest picture of London, River Thames appears then sound goes and crash to desktop every time at same point. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msfs-crashes-to-desktop-during-loading/dc94099f-d843-4241-a7ad-953e81b121f1
  5. PC crashing during low loads

PC crashing during low loads: Hey everyone, I've been having this problem for a few months now. Basically during low loads, my pc freezes after a certain amount of time. This only happens when I'm browsing the internet or on discord with my friends. I don't get a blue screen or anything, just that my...
  6. Getting Hard Crashes when GPU is on Load

Getting Hard Crashes when GPU is on Load: Hey there, I've been getting hard crashes when my GPU and/or CPU is on load when in games, benchmarking. WhoCrashes says the analyzed dump files are: On Sat 19-Dec-20 9:34:18 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported crash dump file:...
  7. Crashes during GPU intensive applications

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashes during GPU intensive applications: Hi everyone, I recently built a new system (specs see profile description) and have been having problems during gaming and video editing. I have a feeling it has something to do with my GPU, but I will let you guys be the judge of that :) I don't get a BSOD like I used to...
  8. Crashing under heavy GPU loads

Crashing under heavy GPU loads: Hey guys, My computer keeps crashing under heavy GPU loads, was wondering if someone can help me narrow down the issue. Thanks.
  9. BSOD during CPU and GPU load

BSOD during CPU and GPU load: Hello guys , this is very frustrating , I've bought a used computer a year ago , a few months in I started getting bsods while playing CSGO , It doesn't crash when not running games . It was completely random . I would also get crackling noise in my headphones before...
  10. BSOD/Crash when a load is on GPU

BSOD/Crash when a load is on GPU: A few days ago, my PC started crashing as soon as I put a load on the GPU (Even with very small loads such as a game's loading screen), I thought this was because I was running my GPU (270X) on a x4 slot, so I switched it to a x16 slot and when I booted up the PC, I saw that...