Windows 10: Computer crashing every 20 mins to restart

Discus and support Computer crashing every 20 mins to restart in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; sorry you will be fed up with me. My desktop computer firstly you notice the screen hangs and then the wireless mouse immobilizes itself so you cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BryanYorke, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Computer crashing every 20 mins to restart

sorry you will be fed up with me. My desktop computer firstly you notice the screen hangs and then the wireless mouse immobilizes itself so you cannot use it then about 2 minutes after this the computer crashes to a restart situation. I have also started it from shut down and reboot yet it still does the same.

yesterday i had support which you kindly fixed ok. (A different problem) when you asked me to reset my network adaptor and this seemed to fix my earlier problem ok yesterday and the computer was all ok for the rest of that day. The problem i have today is only since the first boot up of the day and continuing. I am sending this to you from my ipad.

your assistance would be kindly appreciated. Thanks

bryan

:)

BryanYorke, Feb 26, 2019

2. computer crashes/restarts

i found a really old/cheap card like $20, i plugged into my pci and computer detected new hardware, also it said windows recovered from a critical error? i asked around alittle some one suggested maybe a corrupt sector in windows and possible reformat?

moocow0463, Feb 26, 2019
  3. computer crashes/restarts

i found a really old/cheap card like $20, i plugged into my pci and computer detected new hardware, also it said windows recovered from a critical error? i asked around alittle some one suggested maybe a corrupt sector in windows and possible reformat?

moocow0463, Feb 26, 2019
  4. Computer crashing every 20 mins to restart

Computer crashes and restarts periodically

Hello Kurt,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

What is the make and model of your computer?

What is the anti-virus program on the computer?

I suggest you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Press “Windows Logo” + “X” keys on the keyboard.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Update Driver Software from the Manufacturer’s website:

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

Computer crashing every 20 mins to restart

1. Computer crashing every 20 mins to restart - Similar Threads - Computer crashing every

2. Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 shutting down abruptly every 15-20 mins: I have a new build on which I installed Windows 10. The install was successful. However, I see that the machine shuts down abruptly. I upgraded to Windows 11 and see the same problem. Just recently, I also re-installed Windows 10 to see what could be causing this as I was not...
  3. Windows 11 crashes randomly every 20 mins. I have wiped my computer and reinstalled windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 crashes randomly every 20 mins. I have wiped my computer and reinstalled windows...: I have a 5900x cpu, 3070 gpu, mag b550 tomahawk wifi motherboard. The crashes ahve been happening for over 2 months now all drivers seem to be current and I have updated the motherboard bios.******************************************************************************** **...
  4. Windows 11 crashes randomly every 20 mins. I have wiped my computer and reinstalled windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 crashes randomly every 20 mins. I have wiped my computer and reinstalled windows...: I have a 5900x cpu, 3070 gpu, mag b550 tomahawk wifi motherboard. The crashes ahve been happening for over 2 months now all drivers seem to be current and I have updated the motherboard bios.******************************************************************************** **...
  5. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Crashes every 15 Min: Hello everyone,I had a lenovo thinkpad T520 laptop with windows 7 and it kept crashing every 15Min so i upgraded it to windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 but it also kept crashing, i reset the windows and scanned the laptop and performed windows health check and SFC /scannnow and it...
  6. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Crashes every 15 Min: Hello everyone,I had a lenovo thinkpad T520 laptop with windows 7 and it kept crashing every 15Min so i upgraded it to windows 10 Pro Version 22H2 but it also kept crashing, i reset the windows and scanned the laptop and performed windows health check and SFC /scannnow and it...
  7. Windows Crashes every 15 Min

8. Multiple BSOD every 5-20 mins.

Multiple BSOD every 5-20 mins.: I am getting BSOD with different error like APC, Kernel Check, Page mismatch fltmgr.sys and more.Below is the minidump files. Can you tell me what is causing this.https://www.dropbox.com/s/l8ia16817rvyexu/Minidump.zip?dl=0...
  9. Dell computer continually restarts every 10 - 20 seconds

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Dell computer continually restarts every 10 - 20 seconds: The Dell computer was working fine this afternoon. This evening on power up, the computer runs 10 - 20 seconds (disk light and fans come on) but nothing on the screen, except the very first time it displayed an "entering power saver mode" message) and then powers off (power...
  10. Restarting itself every 2 mins. of using

Restarting itself every 2 mins. of using: I am using HP Notebook and a register windows insider preview. So, I always receive new update. After downloading the new version of windows last april I receive again a new version and that is pre release product review but because of slow connection I stop and didn't...