Windows 10: Computer crashing for unknown reason and GPU crashing while playing some games.

Discus and support Computer crashing for unknown reason and GPU crashing while playing some games. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Specs:GPU: Nvidia 1660 superCPU: Ryzen 7 3700xMotherboard: Asus TUF x570 wifi RAM: 32 gb 3600 mhz corsairStorage: WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD Display: Asus... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Coolgatty, Sep 12, 2021.

1. Coolgatty Win User

Computer crashing for unknown reason and GPU crashing while playing some games.

Specs:GPU: Nvidia 1660 superCPU: Ryzen 7 3700xMotherboard: Asus TUF x570 wifi RAM: 32 gb 3600 mhz corsairStorage: WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD Display: Asus VG27A && Asus VG24VThe problem: very recently i have been experiencing 2 different crashes on my computer. One happens when i play Apex Legends or Genshin Impact which is all I play and it is seemingly crashing my GPU. Both of my screens go black but my computer doesnt automatically restart so I assume it is only the GPU. I suspect this is because my GPU cant handle running these games at 1440p while also having another display active

:)

Coolgatty, Sep 12, 2021

2. Some PC games crash for unknown reason

This computer never had any similar problems, and the crashing have started about a week ago. i am really clueless at this point, and i believe i have tried every trick i know to fix the issue, unsuccessfully.
    The crash could happen at any point from the execution of the game, to 2 hours after the game is running. the most common timing for a crash is during a loading, in more demanding games (Squad, Escape from Tarkov, war thunder..)

Things i have already tried to do:

1. Updating graphics card drivers

2. Running a memory check on my RAM (no issues were found)

3. restarting, obviously.

4. Checking for high temperature, The GPU is averaging around 55c, and the CPU around 44c.

My specs are:

Intel core i5 4430 processor

Gigabyte B85M-HD3 motherboard

DDR3 8GB 798MHz kingston RAM sticks

Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, zotac AMP! edition

one terra of hard drive, and 250gb of SSD.

games crash on both of them, so i don't believe that they are the cause.

I have owned this computer for at least six years now. i never had the need to replace the whole thing, because i just kept replacing the outdated parts that slowed me down, that's the reason some of my specs are younger than six.

EDIT: escape from tarkov just crashed again, and gave me a crash report. not sure how to analyze these, but it might help some one to gget a brighter picture..

Captain JJ, Sep 12, 2021
  3. i have a gaming laptop that crashes during games

Hi,

A corrupted profile is one of the possible reasons why your computer crashes when playing a game. For us to provide proper resolution, we need to collect more information. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When did the issue start?
    • Are you having this issue with all of your games?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this concern?
    • Were you able to play a game before without any problem while the charger is plugged in?

Wilfred Mac, Sep 12, 2021
  4. CWEric Win User

Computer Crashes when playing games

Hello, my computers is crashing when I start up Final Fantasy XIV or World of Warcraft. When it first happen I check the temperature of my GTX 780 graphic card and it was overheating at 90 degrees (surprised) so I downclock the GPU putting a cap of how high the temperature can go. This has made the issue go away for about a month but the issue has return with the temperature under control at 70 degrees. When my computer crash it would most of the time just restart but a few time it gave me the BSOD, sometime the BSOD doesn't complete and freezes. If the computer doesn't crash during about the first 5 minutes of the game, then it would not crash during the rest of the game session but tend to crash about 80% of the time I start up the game. Right now I am avoiding the crashing by playing the game at lowest setting giving my graphic card temperature at 60 degrees. Can the data you ask me to provide can confirm that the culprit is the graphic card hardware issue that is the culprit or another hardware like the power supply (Corsair Gaming Series 800-Watt ATX/EPS Bronze) that is having issue?

CWEric, Sep 12, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer crashing for unknown reason and GPU crashing while playing some games. - Similar Threads - Computer crashing unknown

2. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  3. Laptop gpu crashing while playing games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop gpu crashing while playing games: The problem started a week ago. Laptop crashed and gave BSOD with video_dxgkrnl_fatal_error and restarted itself and after restart the gpu wasn't listed in anywhere. Today I found out that everything functions normally when laptop isn't plugged in, I can play games or browse...
  4. PC crashing for unknown reasons while playing some games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashing for unknown reasons while playing some games: when ever it crashes its happened between a variety of games some not even performance heavy, and there have been no records of dangerous tempatures so it couldn't be overheating, I've also rolled back one update on my nividia display drivers to fix a seperate issue, but the...
  5. PC crashing for unknown reasons while playing some games

PC crashing for unknown reasons while playing some games: when ever it crashes its happened between a variety of games some not even performance heavy, and there have been no records of dangerous tempatures so it couldn't be overheating, I've also rolled back one update on my nividia display drivers to fix a seperate issue, but the...
  6. PC crashing for unknown reasons while playing some games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Computer crashes while playing games

Computer crashes while playing games: hey guys, my pc crashes and my monitors go to no signal, my PC is still powered on and i can still hear AND hear that im moving in whatever game im playing, its not my monitors because ive tried with multiple different cables and it still happens, they also both lose signal...
  8. Computer crashes while playing games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes while playing games: hey guys, my pc crashes and my monitors go to no signal, my PC is still powered on and i can still hear AND hear that im moving in whatever game im playing, its not my monitors because ive tried with multiple different cables and it still happens, they also both lose signal...
  9. Computer crash while playing some of the games.

Computer crash while playing some of the games.: [IMG] While I am playing some of the games, such as Roblox, Rainbow Six, Minecraft, my computer will crash after 3-5 mins when playing, when the computer crashed, with a crash report, it shows I have Driver_Power_State_Failure or DPC watchdog violation, I tried those...
  10. Computer crashes while playing games

Computer crashes while playing games: For a week now I've been getting error 141, I've looked around and started updating all my drivers. I then uninstalled and reinstalled my nvidia and both monitors drivers. Here is the reliability report for 141: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date...