Windows 10: Computer crashing on game startups / increase resource use

Discus and support Computer crashing on game startups / increase resource use in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I recently installed windows 10 onto a b450 ds3h mobo and every so often when i open a game my computer will shut off, mobo lights stay on but monitor... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NedNoodleHead, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Computer crashing on game startups / increase resource use

I recently installed windows 10 onto a b450 ds3h mobo and every so often when i open a game my computer will shut off, mobo lights stay on but monitor is off. I thought it was a false positive for an overheat but have no idea. ANy help is appreciated

submitted by /u/NedNoodleHead
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NedNoodleHead, Jan 10, 2021
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Jan 10, 2021
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Jan 10, 2021
  4. Jessen P Win User

Computer crashing on game startups / increase resource use

ASPHALT 8 GAME crashes as soon as it is opened

Hi Deepak,

Please reply to the questions mentioned below in order to assist you in a better way.

• Did you make any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
    • Is the issue specific to a particular game?
    Since the game is crashing, the first thing I would suggest is to reinstall the game and then check if it helps. I would also request you to place the computer in clean boot and then check if it helps.

Putting your system inClean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform
    a Clean Boot.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting".

Please revert if the game still crashes.

Thank you.

Jessen P, Jan 10, 2021
Thema:

Computer crashing on game startups / increase resource use

1. Computer crashing on game startups / increase resource use - Similar Threads - Computer crashing game

2. Games Crashing on Startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games Crashing on Startup: Hello, half of the games on my steam library are crashing when I try to launch them.LoginId:88d12d5b4a59d419a125ea9acf8809ae EpicAccountId:9d9d9abe65de49bf940a36a73cecd237 Unhandled Exception: 0xc06d007f KERNELBASE Shivers_Win64_Shipping Shivers_Win64_Shipping...
  3. Games Crashing on Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Games Crashing on Startup: Hello, half of the games on my steam library are crashing when I try to launch them.LoginId:88d12d5b4a59d419a125ea9acf8809ae EpicAccountId:9d9d9abe65de49bf940a36a73cecd237 Unhandled Exception: 0xc06d007f KERNELBASE Shivers_Win64_Shipping Shivers_Win64_Shipping...
  4. Games crash/hang on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Games crash/hang on startup: Recently most of the games on my computer Windows 10 v21H2 have been crashing or hanging after launch. Some games work fine and some load for a few seconds before they are labeled as Not Responding in task manager. I have already tried updating graphics driver. Running a...
  5. Games crash/hang on startup

Games crash/hang on startup: Recently most of the games on my computer Windows 10 v21H2 have been crashing or hanging after launch. Some games work fine and some load for a few seconds before they are labeled as Not Responding in task manager. I have already tried updating graphics driver. Running a...
  6. Computer crashes instantly on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes instantly on startup: About a week ago my computer was having trouble starting up, even with a fresh install of windows 10. The installation would install fine, boot, but as soon as it would connect to the internet and install updates/drivers it would instantly switch to a black screen and become...
  7. Computer crashes instantly on startup

Computer crashes instantly on startup: About a week ago my computer was having trouble starting up, even with a fresh install of windows 10. The installation would install fine, boot, but as soon as it would connect to the internet and install updates/drivers it would instantly switch to a black screen and become...
  8. Computer crashes instantly on startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. All DirectX12 games crash on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    All DirectX12 games crash on startup: I've recently come across this bug while trying to play Sea of Thieves. I had a different crash message, but when I tried to launch another UE4 game PUBG in this case, I had a crash like this. This error message is from Dead by Daylight, of course, but it hasn't worked in...
  10. W10 Not using all my computer's resources

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 Not using all my computer's resources: So, a few days back my computer started running very slowly for no apparent reason. I tried fixing it in multiple ways, some of which users from this forum proposed, and managed to get it working again... for a day. After the problem came back I spent 2 days messing around,...