Windows 10: Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Discus and support Computer Crashing Once Per Day in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, sometimes with a blue screen error sometimes no. It happens once... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by martinmorales2, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, sometimes with a blue screen error sometimes no. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I shut down the computer every night.

System Specs:

• MSI B450I motherboard
    • Nvidia GTX 970
    • 16GB of RAM DDR4 3600
    • AMD 3600 Processor

Troubleshooting steps:

• Cleaned the registry with CCleaner
    • Tested Memory several times
    • Ran sfc /scannow, there was no corruption
    • disabled all non essential startup processes and services, all the windows ones are active
    • Updated all my hardware drivers, including video card and system board
    • Ran stress tests of CPU, GPU, and Memory

Below are some crash logs:

On Sat 8/22/2020 1:57:51 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082220-20593-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3DDF40
    Bugcheck code: 0xC2 0x46, 0x20000000000, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
    company: Microsoft Corporation
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Sat 8/22/2020 1:57:51 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP
    This was probably caused by the following module: fltmgr.sys FLTMGR!FltDecodeParameters+0x6B6
    Bugcheck code: 0xC2 0x46, 0x20000000000, 0x0, 0x0
    Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\fltmgr.sys
    description: Microsoft Filesystem Filter Manager
    Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request.
    This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
    The crash took place in a file system driver. Since there is no other responsible driver detected, this could be pointing to a malfunctioning drive or corrupted disk. It's suggested that you run CHKDSK.

On Fri 8/21/2020 11:06:12 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082120-20578-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe nt+0x3DDF40
    Bugcheck code: 0x1A 0x41201, 0xFFFFFBBFFD44E360, 0x1000201B647C025, 0xFFFFB6078B92EE00
    Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
    description: NT Kernel & System
    Bug check description: This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.
    This might be a case of memory corruption. This may be because of a hardware issue such as faulty RAM, overheating thermal issue or because of a buggy driver. This problem might also be caused because of overheating thermal issue.
    The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time.

On Thu 8/20/2020 12:41:23 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\082020-20546-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: dxgmms2.sys 0xFFFFF8036E06E80A
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF8036E06E80A, 0xFFFF970368443490, 0x0
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgmms2.sys
    description: DirectX Graphics MMS
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

On Tue 8/18/2020 10:01:54 AM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\081820-19312-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys 0xFFFFF80524D5B8E8
    Bugcheck code: 0x116 0xFFFFB48977DAA010, 0xFFFFF80524D5B8E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC000009A, 0x4
    Error: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\nv_dispi.inf_amd64_edab19158bdd0d0a\nvlddmkm.sys
    product: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 451.67
    company: NVIDIA Corporation
    description: NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 451.67
    Bug check description: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.
    A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver, Version 451.67 , NVIDIA Corporation.
    Google query: nvlddmkm.sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO_TDR_ERROR

On Sat 8/15/2020 2:44:40 PM your computer crashed or a problem was reported
    crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\081520-20187-01.dmp
    This was probably caused by the following module: dxgkrnl.sys 0xFFFFF801864F3D05
    Bugcheck code: 0x3B 0xC000001D, 0xFFFFF801864F3D05, 0xFFFFA78CA4D39A40, 0x0
    Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
    file path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys
    description: DirectX Graphics Kernel
    Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
    The crash took place in a Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time.

:)

martinmorales2, Aug 22, 2020
  2. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Aug 22, 2020
  3. all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Desktop Computer Crashes

Hi Sumit,

My new HP desktop computer still crashes. I tried following the steps in the link above, How to do a Disk check of System drive in Windows 10 and interpret the logs...

I am not able to complete or follow the task required to allow you to see what happened with the computer crash. I need an easier step such as a 1 2 3 or and a b c, to-do list in order for me to let you see my System logs.

StaceyChin1, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Computer Crashing Once Per Day

1. Computer Crashing Once Per Day - Similar Threads - Computer Crashing Once

2. PC randomly crashes once per day -- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC randomly crashes once per day -- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Hi. I'm using a Lenovo Legion Tower desktop PC running Windows 11. The PC has started crashing at seemingly random times, at least once per session. It's happened when gaming and when browsing Chrome. It can run for hours before crashing. The screen freezes and the sound...
  3. PC randomly crashes once per day -- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC randomly crashes once per day -- DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION 133: Hi. I'm using a Lenovo Legion Tower desktop PC running Windows 11. The PC has started crashing at seemingly random times, at least once per session. It's happened when gaming and when browsing Chrome. It can run for hours before crashing. The screen freezes and the sound...
  4. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes at least once a day: Sorry, not sure what the stopcode was because I wasn't looking at the screen. But from the daily crashes, irql_not_less_or_equal shows up the most.Here is the link with the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhrYvg_dPqiJi3N7FizJ8hw_Er8B?e=YFyGEFThanks in advance!...
  5. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes at least once a day: Sorry, not sure what the stopcode was because I wasn't looking at the screen. But from the daily crashes, irql_not_less_or_equal shows up the most.Here is the link with the minidump: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AhrYvg_dPqiJi3N7FizJ8hw_Er8B?e=YFyGEFThanks in advance!...
  6. Computer crashes at least once a day

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Blue screen/crashing at least once per day. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screen/crashing at least once per day. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050...: Started experiencing blue screens/crash almost everyday around the start of October. The first few times I would still see the actual blue screen message, now the screen just freezes for about ten seconds and then PC auto restarts without even showing the blue...
  8. Computer crashes once a day

Computer crashes once a day: hello everyone, ive been dealing with pc crashes for a few months now. barely ever bluescreened, usually my monitors just froze and I had to restart myself. usually it is while gaming, or when a game is open. dump files tend to not create due to some error, but i did get...
  9. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I have an issue that whenever I play a video or start a game, my computer will crash, I see a black screen and then it reboots. It happens once per day. Once it crashes, it wont crash for the rest of the day, even if I happen to shut down or restart the computer. I shut...
  10. Computer Crashing Once Per Day

Computer Crashing Once Per Day: I recently upgraded my computer. I ran Windows off the old SSD and everything was working well. I then purchased a Western Digital SN550 Blue 1TB NVMe SSD and installed windows, I have a MSI B450I motherboard Micro ITXand a AMD 3600 processor. Ever since then I have had...