Windows 10: Computer Crashing Only When Playing CS GO

Discus and support Computer Crashing Only When Playing CS GO in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Okay, this has proven to be a difficult problem for me to solve, and I've tried so many forums you guys might be my last hope. Whenever I play CS GO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by conmipi, Oct 7, 2019.

1. conmipi Win User

Computer Crashing Only When Playing CS GO

Okay, this has proven to be a difficult problem for me to solve, and I've tried so many forums you guys might be my last hope. Whenever I play CS GO randomly at times either right when I start, during a match or when I try to close the game CS GO will crash and restart my whole computer or throw a Windows error (Bluescreen) forcing me to restart. I have tried numerous things to determine the problem but cannot understand why this is happening. Some things I have tried are:

-Reinstalling CS GO
    -Reinstalling graphic's drivers (uninstalled the previous graphic's drivers first)
    -Installing old graphic's drivers
    -Installing studio graphics drivers
    -Updating BIOS
    -Running Windows Memory Diagnostics (to test for faulty memory)
    -Testing PSU for correct voltages using a PSU tester
    -Checking event viewer for some logs to determine issue (shows nothing except an error that my system has shutdown unexpectedly)
    -Checked temperatures (they are all normal and I have run stress test on both my GPU and CPU for extended periods of time)
    -Completely reinstalled Windows wiping everything and starting over

Like I don't want to blame the game for this because it doesn't really make sense to me how it would restart my whole PC, but it only happens when I play CS GO. I have played many other much more CPU, GPU and memory intensive games for numerous hours and nothing happens but the moment I start up CS GO I can expect that my computer will crash. A quick rundown of my system:

PSU: Corsair CP-9020179-NA RMX Series RM750x 80 Plus Gold Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor

Motherboard: MPG X570 Gaming Plus

RAM: Corsair VENGEANCELPX16GB (2X 8GB) DDR4 3600 Mhz C18 (Pc4-28800) 1.35V Desktop Memory -Black

SSD: XPG GAMMIX 1TB S11 Pro 3D NAND PCIe NVMe Gen3x4 M.2 2280 SSD (AGAMMIXS11P-1TT-C)

If you need any more information that would be helpful let me know but I am out of ideas. I really like to play CS GO but like I don't know how to solve this issue I have contacted Steam but they were not very useful and told me to reach out to Microsoft as they think it is a hardware or software issue (which I think is probably true). I can't tell how to diagnose this problem as it literally only happens when playing CS GO, I have even done GPU and CPU stress tests for hours with no failure. Additionally, Event Viewer is not very useful with the information it gives me and does not show why the computer crashed.

:)

conmipi, Oct 7, 2019

2. Computer crashes while playing a game

Hey,

I have windows 10 pro and everytime I play CS GO my computer crashes. I asked for help in Steam, and they said it was better better to reach for your help. Heres the discription of my problem: Suporte Steam - Iniciar sessão.

Thanks.

ricardoalmeida_659, Oct 7, 2019
  3. CS-15 AT commands

1) Has this list of AT commands been published?

2) Is there a chart listing the differences among the Nokia Internet Sticks (cs-10,cs-12,cs-15,cs-18)?

3) Do they all support the same AT commands?

4) Has anyone used one of these with Android?

Thanks,

David

dkesselring, Oct 7, 2019
  4. peach1971 Win User

all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer Crashing Only When Playing CS GO - Similar Threads - Computer Crashing Playing

2. Computer crashes when going into sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer crashes when going into sleep: The screen will shut off, but my GPU and NVMe lights will remain on longer than they used to. I ran the dmp file through an analyzer, it says it's a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 9f. I've done the tests I know of on my end, which are simply SFC /Scannow and DISM.exe....
  3. My computer crashes when only playing certain game !

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashes when only playing certain game !: Good day everyone. Last month im having some problems with random crashes/shutdowns. Practicly every game works normally, i even stream almost every day different game but when i play FIFA my computer shuts down with this problem in event viewer. https://prnt.sc/ykIJfUJyL4SS...
  4. My computer crashes when only playing certain game !

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer crashes when only playing certain game !: Good day everyone. Last month im having some problems with random crashes/shutdowns. Practicly every game works normally, i even stream almost every day different game but when i play FIFA my computer shuts down with this problem in event viewer. https://prnt.sc/ykIJfUJyL4SS...
  5. My computer crashes when only playing certain game !

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. CS GO keeps crashing, freezing or displays a black screen

in Windows 10 News
    CS GO keeps crashing, freezing or displays a black screen: [ATTACH]Counter-Strike Global Offence or CS-GO is one of the most popular PC games. However, according to some Windows users, CS GO keeps crashing, freezing, or showing a Black Screen on their computers. In this article, we are going to talk about solutions that can help in...
  7. Computer crashes when going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer crashes when going to sleep: Hey all! I recently bought a new computer and installed Windows 11 on it, but it seems that it crashes like 60% of the time that it goes to sleep. I've checked the system log and see a "Bug Check": The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000a0...
  8. Computer crashes when going to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer crashes when going to sleep: Hey all! I recently bought a new computer and installed Windows 11 on it, but it seems that it crashes like 60% of the time that it goes to sleep. I've checked the system log and see a "Bug Check": The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000a0...
  9. CS GO FPS low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CS GO FPS low?: I have a Msi rtx 2070 super ventus / ryzen 5 3600 and the game is installed on a Kingston SSD but still I have about 140 fps in cs:Go although others have double that with the same graka. I found a video that plays the game and the person has the same GPU / CPU. And it has...
  10. Input lag while playing CS GO

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Input lag while playing CS GO: When I start cs go I have 60 FPS and major input lag. I have read that the game DVR feature on the xbox app does this but I uninstalled it and this still happens. Also, there is a little notification at the bottom of my computer that says to activate windows, even though it...