Windows 10: Computer crashing when trying to write to Samsung 970 Evo NVMe drive

Discus and support Computer crashing when trying to write to Samsung 970 Evo NVMe drive in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello there! I've gone over this with the manufacturer so many times now, we've been going back and forth for like a month. I've installed two Addlink... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cyribro, Mar 26, 2021.

1. Computer crashing when trying to write to Samsung 970 Evo NVMe drive

Hello there!

I've gone over this with the manufacturer so many times now, we've been going back and forth for like a month. I've installed two Addlink drives and now two different Samsung 970 drives. I've even had the MOBO replaced.

Before I was receiving an error that I was unable to write to the drive was write protected and the drive would drop off the volumes list. Literally ANY TIME I tried to use Disk Manager to format and write to the drive, something would break.

From there I downloaded the AOMEI Partition Assistant and was able to actually format the drive and get it to stick without crashing.

From there I created some folders in that drive as a test. No issue.

After that I decided I was going to move ALL my game launchers library to the drive.

I've attempted to download Overwatch, no dice. I somehow managed to download Hearthstone, but I had to force shut down my laptop multiple times and restart the download in order to get the game installed.

So I tried Steam again, first I started moving over games I already had installed. Same issue, had to force shut down the lapotop and then restart it again and pray that the files moved over and I could validate them. So I tried to download a game that was still in beta, for whatever reason that one worked out okay.

I dug around on here and realized that there was an issue with larger files being written to NVMe drives after the last update. So I waited a couple of days trying to see if the following update would fix the issue. Again, I am unable to write to that drive.

I've tried running check disk on it from both CMD(admin) AND AOMEI Partition Assistant and the drive itself has NO BAD SECTORS.

I've ran checks on my RAM, no issues there either. I've checked the logs and see that there IS a disk error which is: The IO operation at logical block address 0x26f6eb0 for Disk 2 (PDO name: \Device\00000057) was retried.

I've sent this to the manufacturer and they keep telling me that it's the drive that's the issue, but to seriously go through 4 different drives? Somehow that doesn't sit right with me.

Can someone PLEASE help me with this? I've spent $2200 on a laptop and I just need a way to convince the company that they need to fix my computer (since it's still under warranty).

My Specs are:

Windows 10: Home Edition - Version: 20H2 - Build: 19042.870 - Experience: Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.550.0

Clevo / Sager NP7958F1

Ryzen 9 3600

16GB Single RAM Stick

NVidia RTX 2070

submitted by /u/Cyribro
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cyribro, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...70-pro-and-evo

See also:

Order *Arrow SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7P512BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 1TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7P1T0BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E250BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E500BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E1T0BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 2TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E2T0BW | Samsung US

Brink, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Brink Win User
    Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

Source: https://news.samsung.com/global/sams...70-pro-and-evo

See also:

Order *Arrow SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 512GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7P512BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 PRO NVMe M.2 1TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7P1T0BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 250GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E250BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 500GB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E500BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 1TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E1T0BW | Samsung US

Order *Arrow SSD 970 EVO NVMe M.2 2TB Memory & Storage - MZ-V7E2T0BW | Samsung US

Brink, Mar 26, 2021
  4. Brink Win User
Thema:

Computer crashing when trying to write to Samsung 970 Evo NVMe drive

1. Computer crashing when trying to write to Samsung 970 Evo NVMe drive - Similar Threads - Computer crashing trying

2. Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO: Hello, I have a Samsung 970 EVO disk and I am installing windows 10 but when installing it asks me for some drivers, I only find them as an .exe file but when loading them on the installation screen I do not see them inside the usb, I have to load another type archive? if so,...
  3. Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO: Hello, I have a Samsung 970 EVO disk and I am installing windows 10 but when installing it asks me for some drivers, I only find them as an .exe file but when loading them on the installation screen I do not see them inside the usb, I have to load another type archive? if so,...
  4. Drivers for Samsung 970 EVO

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Computer crashing when trying to write to Samsung 970 Evo NVMe drive

Computer crashing when trying to write to Samsung 970 Evo NVMe drive: Hello there! I've gone over this with the manufacturer so many times now, we've been going back and forth for like a month. I've installed two Addlink drives and now two different Samsung 970 drives. I've even had the MOBO replaced. Before I was receiving an error that I...
  6. Samsung 970 Evo plus

Samsung 970 Evo plus: I get a NVMe M.2 970 evo plus but it doesnt recognized by the Laptop dell 17 7778. I update all and nothing happebed. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-970-evo-plus/2c09339e-e232-4f0f-95ce-ba1497444441
  7. samsung 970 evo NVMe M2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    samsung 970 evo NVMe M2: fitted a Samsung v-nand ssd NVHe M2 ssd to my computer it shows in device manager but no in disc management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/samsung-970-evo-nvme-m2/06ff0bb9-b73c-4945-916e-e0778dc0929f
  8. Introducing new Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSDs

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing new Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe SSDs: [ATTACH] Samsung Electronics America, today introduced the Samsung 970 EVO Plus, the newest enhancement in its Non-Volatile Memory Express (NVMe) SSD portfolio. With industry-leading performance and up to two terabytes in capacity, Samsung’s 970 EVO Plus sets a new bar for...
  9. Samsung Evo 970 BSoD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Samsung Evo 970 BSoD: I have recently purchased a Samsung Evo 970. I decided to put a fresh install of windows 10 onto it, everything worked fine. I then proceeded to the windows update centre to install the newest updates. When it got around to downloading the Windows April 2018 update that is...
  10. Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs

in Windows 10 News
    Samsung introduces the Samsung 970 PRO and EVO NVMe M.2 SSDs: Case King here in Germanyalready has the 970s on order. Here are the prices for us here: [img]