Windows 10: Computer Crashing

Discus and support Computer Crashing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello everyone, \ What started out as a BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys Video_tdr_failure. I uninstalled the Video cards Driver/software 341.92, and allows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Beckyj636, Mar 15, 2016.

1. Beckyj636 Win User

Computer Crashing

Hello everyone,
    \
    What started out as a BSOD with nvlddmkm.sys Video_tdr_failure. I uninstalled the Video cards Driver/software 341.92, and allows Windows to provide the driver.. It installed the same one.

I spent almost 2 hours of the a chat with Nvidia on this problem with NO results. So I reset it back to the defults.

I can be doing anything and it just freezes .Playing a movie , browsing internet etc.

I was going remove the GTE240 card and test a different on in the PC, but there both Nvidia.

I have been doing a lot of reading and many people say get rid of the Nvidia and going ATI fixed the problem.

I would rather not do this yet, as this problem resulted when I got Windows 10.

Please any help will be appricated.
    Thank you
    I uploaded the file as instructed

:)

Beckyj636, Mar 15, 2016
  2. Lightseed Win User

computer crashing

thanks for your reply. not overclocking, wouldn't know how.

I had the computer do an extensive system test the other day using HP's diagnostic, might be time to contact them. It would give a memory warning, then doing an extensive memory test would show it would pass, then a system board warning

Thanks for your help Rob

Lightseed, Mar 15, 2016
  3. Computer Crashing

I was able to setup a exclusion within Malware Bytes for webroot, but Webroot does not offer exclusions.

Oh okay, thanks I will test them when I get a chance and report to Zig on my findings.

What did you mean by pasting those 6 bugchecks? I believe those are 6 crashes but do we have any hint on what could be causing those crashes?

AlfredoDiNunzio, Mar 15, 2016
  4. Computer Crashing

Hello Becky and welcome to 10forums! *Smile

The BSOD was caused by nvlddmkm.sys which is the driver for NVIDIA graphics cards.
    Code: 10/13/2015 10:43:56 AM C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys[/quote] Here is the latest driver:
    GT 240

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 15, 2016
  5. Beckyj636 Win User
    Here is the latest driver:
    GT 240

Cheers, Boris *Smile[/quote] Thank you for replying.

This is the one that's installed

Beckyj636, Mar 15, 2016
  6. That can't be.

The one I linked was from the 16/03 and the one that is installed from 13/10, almost half a year old.

Are you sure that you have the same one installed? In your first post you say that you let Windows install 341.92 and the one I linked is 341.95.

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 15, 2016
  7. Beckyj636 Win User
    Ok I see it. Thank You. That driver just came out today *Smile I will install it now and hope.*Smile

Beckyj636, Mar 16, 2016
  8. Beckyj636 Win User

Computer Crashing

I installed the New driver. Still crashes.

Beckyj636, Mar 16, 2016
  9. Hello Becky.

Alright I think this would help since you installed and uninstalled so many times that the computer might be going bananas at this point.

Please do a complete removal of the drivers, I would recommend the use of Revo Uninstaller, once it is installed, launch it and you should see a list view of all things installed on the system, locate nvidia graphics driver, hit uninstall and use method moderate!

Reboot and then install the drivers I linked to you earlier! PS if you want to be safe save the file on the desktop before you reboot.

Cheers, Boris *Smile

BorisTheAnimal, Mar 16, 2016
  10. Beckyj636 Win User
    Hi Boris,

After the new driver install, I though all was good for a day. But due to my job I did not use PC as much this week.

Today I was watching Netflix and running Utorrent Then PC crashed. Here is the log..

I have a 700 watt Power supply
    EVGA 780I mother board
    Intel E8400 Processor
    Nvidia GT 240 Graphice card

And other ideas on what to try.

Now when the crash happens the TV screen (duel monitors) does funky and the both screens go out and PC shows Hard Drive running but does not reboot.

Beckyj636, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer Crashing

1. Computer Crashing - Similar Threads - Computer Crashing

2. dwm and QmlRenderer causing my computer to crash and run my fans at 100% speed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dwm and QmlRenderer causing my computer to crash and run my fans at 100% speed: SPECSProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors BaseBoard Product MEG Z390 ACE MS-7B12 GPU Gigabyte 2080 superRAM: 32.0 GB 31.9 GB usableAfter a while of playing a game my monitors will go black and my computer will start running...
  3. dwm and QmlRenderer causing my computer to crash and run my fans at 100% speed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dwm and QmlRenderer causing my computer to crash and run my fans at 100% speed: SPECSProcessor IntelR CoreTM i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3600 Mhz, 8 Cores, 16 Logical Processors BaseBoard Product MEG Z390 ACE MS-7B12 GPU Gigabyte 2080 superRAM: 32.0 GB 31.9 GB usableAfter a while of playing a game my monitors will go black and my computer will start running...
  4. Why does my computer crash when I turn on the camera with audio?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why does my computer crash when I turn on the camera with audio?: Why does my computer crush when I turn on the camera with audio?Changed to a question. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-computer-crash-when-i-turn-on-the/1bf471e8-4022-4653-9d7f-4ce0532d0fc1
  5. Anyone else have their computer crash trying to update windows 11? Then lose ALL files...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anyone else have their computer crash trying to update windows 11? Then lose ALL files...: I swear I HATE this monopoly company. If it is not one thing it is another. Windows updates are always crashing and end up with major losses of documents/pictures saved. No wonder everyone is moving over to iOS. Someone help please! It's my senior year, last semester of...
  6. Anyone else have their computer crash trying to update windows 11? Then lose ALL files...

Anyone else have their computer crash trying to update windows 11? Then lose ALL files...: I swear I HATE this monopoly company. If it is not one thing it is another. Windows updates are always crashing and end up with major losses of documents/pictures saved. No wonder everyone is moving over to iOS. Someone help please! It's my senior year, last semester of...
  7. My computer crashed when I am viewing articles on Fandom website

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My computer crashed when I am viewing articles on Fandom website: So, I was on the Fandom website to look at articles about episodes in TV shows, but my computer crashed. It says: :Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.For more information about this issue...
  8. My computer crashed when I am viewing articles on Fandom website

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer crashed when I am viewing articles on Fandom website: So, I was on the Fandom website to look at articles about episodes in TV shows, but my computer crashed. It says: :Your device ran into a problem and needs to restart. We’re just collecting some error info, and then we’ll restart for you.For more information about this issue...
  9. My computer crashed when I am viewing articles on Fandom website

10. iqrl not less or equal crash after having my computer serviced

iqrl not less or equal crash after having my computer serviced: This is the reliability report I pulled up after I had an IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL bsod. I cannot find any additional information regarding the technical details listed in the hardware failures listed. For further context in the reports and dates shown, I was not in possession...