Windows 10: Computer cycling through display modes

Discus and support Computer cycling through display modes in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I accidently hit Fn+V, and a pop-up appeared and said cinema mode. A little later it appeared again, but said eye-care, then again with vivid. It seems... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hyru1e_Ninja, Dec 3, 2020.

1. Computer cycling through display modes

I accidently hit Fn+V, and a pop-up appeared and said cinema mode. A little later it appeared again, but said eye-care, then again with vivid. It seems to be cycling through settings for the display. Fn+V is not working anymore, and I would like this cycle to stop.

:)

Hyru1e_Ninja, Dec 3, 2020

2. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Dec 3, 2020
  3. 95Viper Win User
    Driver and/or display problem (AMD)

Try this:

• Right click on a blank area of your desktop and select "Display Properties"
    • Select "Advanced Display Settings"
    • Select "Display Adapter Properties"
    • Click on "List all Modes"
    • Select the preferred display mode. Something with at least 60Hz.
    • Then select your setting you want
    • See if the option came back

95Viper, Dec 3, 2020
Thema:

Computer cycling through display modes

1. Computer cycling through display modes - Similar Threads - Computer cycling through

2. Audio cycling through different outputs Windows10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio cycling through different outputs Windows10: Hi, I've had a recent problem whenever I start my laptop or plug a device into my soundjack. The audio cycles through all the different outputs continuously speakers, headphones, two monitors speakers and is only solved when I go through the audio troubleshooter. Going...
  3. my airplane mode keeps cycling on and off?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my airplane mode keeps cycling on and off?: airplane mode keeps cycling on and off https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-airplane-mode-keeps-cycling-on-and-off/35e78f02-6112-4c58-9837-e8e6f4f751eb
  4. Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?: I have the windows slideshow that activates when my machine is locked. Is there a maximum number of images that it uses to cycle through? I have it pointing to my pictures folder, but it only seems to ever use stuff from several years ago, never anything new. I have a lot...
  5. Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Slideshow, is there a max number of images it cycles through?: I have the windows slideshow that activates when my machine is locked. Is there a maximum number of images that it uses to cycle through? I have it pointing to my pictures folder, but it only seems to ever use stuff from several years ago, never anything new. I have a lot...
  6. BSOD cycle and can’t access safe mode

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD cycle and can’t access safe mode: For the past week, my computer turns on then starts a cycle of blue screens for 5 hours straight then finally shows a boot screen that never fully boots up my computer. The cycle starts with turning on, followed by my bios main start up screen, then “preparing automatic...
  7. Sleeping the display - just cycles wake/sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleeping the display - just cycles wake/sleep: Hello all, I have a new rig, still working out some bugs, but this is my first PC, coming from a Mac ecosystem. When I set up sleep settings, I have the screensaver start after 10 minutes, then display sleep after 20 minutes. When that time comes, the display I have just...
  8. Display cycles between red green and black

in Windows 10 Support
    Display cycles between red green and black: I have a generic pnp monitor running with the most recent windows 10 update, build 1803 installed with the option in the power settings set to turn off the monitor in 10 minutes. However instead of turning it off I get a full screen which cycles from red to green to black....
  9. Windows 10: Automatically cycle through themes?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10: Automatically cycle through themes?: Is there a way to have Win10 automatically cycle through the themes? I really like the pictures in a good number of the country-specific themes and would like win10 to just cycle through the themes automatically instead of me switching them every few days. Any script...
  10. Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuck in "minimal safe mode" boot cycle: Hi, I was just in the process of changing my SATA hard drives over to using AHCI instead of IDE. Following some instructions from the web I issued the command "bcdedit /set{current} safeboot minimal". I rebooted the machine and sure enough it booted into safe mode. It was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. What are Cycling through Screen Modes