Windows 10: Computer damaged,need to reload Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Computer damaged,need to reload Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; When windows 10 came out I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The laptop was knocked off a table last week and the motherboard was damaged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rapidrob, May 9, 2019.

1. Rapidrob Win User

Computer damaged,need to reload Windows 10 Pro

When windows 10 came out I upgraded from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro. The laptop was knocked off a table last week and the motherboard was damaged ( would no longer charge the battery,not a jack problem.) I replaced the Motherboard and the unit booted / charged and connected to the Internet with no problems except it was very slow.
    Microsoft recognized the new Motherboard as I booted and no error messages were posted. I ran a diagnostic on the hard drive and found it too was damaged by the fall and it now has 8 bad sectors and displayed a Yellow warning it is about to fail.

I have the Microsoft License Key from Belarc Advisor and want to know if I will have a problem activating the licenses as I will have to download Windows 10 again. I do not trust trying to Clone the damaged hard drive.
    I tried to ask this question at Microsoft but the forum won't allow a new question to be posted.

Please advise. Thank you for your help.

:)

Rapidrob, May 9, 2019

2. computer not repairable How to reload windows pro 10 on new computer

My computer is not repairable. How do you reload your existing windows pro 10 to a new computer?

GeneDamron, May 9, 2019
  3. RELOADING FILES

hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that Belarc Advisor is notifying you of the updates that needs to be reloaded.

I would suggest you to check if the mentioned KB updates are properly installed from the Windows Update History. I would also suggest you to follow the below steps and see if it helps.

Step 1 Follow these steps to run the Windows inbuilt troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Windows Update option from the list.
    • Click Next to run theTroubleshooter.

Step 2 Try to use the Windows Update troubleshooter and see if it helps.

Link http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/troubleshoot-problems-installing-updates#1TC=windows-8

(Also applies to Windows 10)

For more assistance, I would suggest you to post the same query in TechNet Forums.

Link: https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=WinPreview2014General%2CWinPreview2015Phone&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

Hope the above information was helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, May 9, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 9, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer damaged,need to reload Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Computer damaged need

2. windows 10 reload

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 reload: Computer crashed, reloaded windows 10, now icons, background, pictures, etc. look off. The resolution isn't clear like before. Somethings look sort of stretched. Checked resolution in settings it's at the recommended, tried to fix it in display and view, and personalization...
  3. Reload Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reload Windows 10: I have a Windows 10 computer with the latest updates. It's become VERY slow to load. Quite frequently the computer "hangs" and the only way I can get to boot is to do a Ctrl Cmd Delete move. I'm wondering if I should put a fresh copy of Windows on it and if so, how to do...
  4. Reload Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Reload Windows 10: I have a Windows 10 computer with the latest updates. It's become VERY slow to load. Quite frequently the computer "hangs" and the only way I can get to boot is to do a Ctrl Cmd Delete move. I'm wondering if I should put a fresh copy of Windows on it and if so, how to do...
  5. Reload Windows 10 Pro, need product ID? -> No record of it...

Reload Windows 10 Pro, need product ID? -> No record of it...: I have an older PC with Windows 10 Pro on it. It has some kind of serious issues with installing updates. I would like to just reload it and let it do updates. Trying to do recovery, reset etc. all fail, with no specific error...just says it failed. This is why I want to do a...
  6. refurbished computer damaged windows 10

refurbished computer damaged windows 10: hello how can i unintsall then reinstall a nondamaged windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/refurbished-computer-damaged-windows-10/ab191574-e10b-47ce-9d6a-01c64ba0212f
  7. Windows 10 reload

Windows 10 reload: Can I remove windows 10 and download a fresh version to get rid of the log files that are using all of my hard drive space? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-reload/bf434695-4c8b-45b4-aa63-d61ae1f7a58d
  8. erased laptop need to reload windows

erased laptop need to reload windows: I bought a laptop from my work that had been completely erased even the windows operating system. I have a multiple license for Windows 10 home edition. What do I need to download on a memory stick to be able to load onto the laptop?...
  9. Windows 10 damaged / damaged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 damaged / damaged: Sometimes I have received (or what it seems) a Windows notification to say that it is damaged and I need to carry out instructions to prevent my files from being deleted. There is a countdown timer and a sharp beep that is really annoying. Is there anything I can run from...
  10. Need to reload OS

in Windows 10 Support
    Need to reload OS: I have an HP 14-ac151nr that will not boot. I have tried restoring to earlier date but there are not any. I tried recovery options that will not work. I tried doing a clean install and that will not work. The hard drive is a 32 GB eMMC. All I want is to load Windows 10. Don't...