Windows 10: Computer dead

Discus and support Computer dead in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I was doing some work on the computer this morning, when the power went out for a couple of hours. Tried numerous times to get it going again, but it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Binkie, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Binkie Win User

Computer dead

I was doing some work on the computer this morning, when the power went out for a couple of hours.
    Tried numerous times to get it going again, but it kept freezing up on me, every time I would force a reboot, it would end up freezing.

I finally ended up getting a message saying go to Explore Windows 10 OS, Computers, Apps, & More | Microsoft code. Bad System Config.info

Gateway desktop computer running windows 10

Any ideas?

Ron.

:)

Binkie, Nov 19, 2019

2. Computer is dead DL Win 10

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check.

Method 1:

Disconnect all the unnecessary external devices connected to the computer (except the mouse, keyboard and the recovery media) now check if the operating system loads.

Method 2: Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

• Restart your computer and start pressing the F8 key on your keyboard. On a computer that is configured for booting to multiple operating systems, you can press the F8 key when the Boot Menu appears.
    • Select an option to “Safe mode with networking” using the arrow keys on the keyboard when the Windows Advanced Options menu appears, and then press
      ENTER.
    • Under Advanced boot options select, Safe Mode with Networking, or Low Resolution Video

Method 3: Check Device Manager and look for Display Adapters.

Step 1:

• If you see 2 items under Display Adapters, disable to integrated video card (e.g. Intel HD 4000 or AMD Radeon HD 4200) and restart. (try vice versa if it does not work)

Step 2:

• If you see 1 item under Display Adapters, rollback the driver or uninstall the display adapter in Device Manager, and enable the option to delete driver software.

Install the latest Display Adapters drivers form the manufacturer’s website and check.

I suggest you to refer the steps provided by Mr. Andre Da Costa, from the following link and check.

How to: Troubleshoot Common Setup and Stop Errors During Windows 10 Installation

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further information, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Nov 19, 2019
  3. Random Restars - > Video Card - > PSU

i try but find no info. itd help if someone explained it.. tbh.

TrAiN^WrEcK, Nov 19, 2019
  4. swat354 Win User

Computer dead

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Nov 19, 2019
Thema:

Computer dead

1. Computer dead - Similar Threads - Computer dead

2. How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer: Hi there!I just had my desktop that was running on Win 10 I think stop turning on after a roof leak got it very wet. I went into a panic because I had a lot of legal documents on the desktop I know, I know...I just hadn't gotten around to backing them up because I'm an idiot....
  3. How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer: Hi there!I just had my desktop that was running on Win 10 I think stop turning on after a roof leak got it very wet. I went into a panic because I had a lot of legal documents on the desktop I know, I know...I just hadn't gotten around to backing them up because I'm an idiot....
  4. How do I recover files from a HDD in a dead computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. If my old computer is dead, can I use the windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new PC ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    If my old computer is dead, can I use the windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new PC ?: My old computer is dead I was wandering if I can use the same windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-my-old-computer-is-dead-can-i-use-the-windows/d85eb9c5-df62-49d5-8961-743e0e9b3e65
  6. If my old computer is dead, can I use the windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new PC ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    If my old computer is dead, can I use the windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new PC ?: My old computer is dead I was wandering if I can use the same windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-my-old-computer-is-dead-can-i-use-the-windows/d85eb9c5-df62-49d5-8961-743e0e9b3e65
  7. If my old computer is dead, can I use the windows 10 activation key that I had, in a new PC ?

8. i recently just got a new computer but is refuses to turn i have try seeing if it is dead...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    i recently just got a new computer but is refuses to turn i have try seeing if it is dead...: it is red and is a HP got it last year and is finally trying to use it and it wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-just-got-a-new-computer-but-is-refuses/62f974ee-b963-4f8e-b6f4-ae9a5a8e54e9
  9. i recently just got a new computer but is refuses to turn i have try seeing if it is dead...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i recently just got a new computer but is refuses to turn i have try seeing if it is dead...: it is red and is a HP got it last year and is finally trying to use it and it wont work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-recently-just-got-a-new-computer-but-is-refuses/62f974ee-b963-4f8e-b6f4-ae9a5a8e54e9
  10. i recently just got a new computer but is refuses to turn i have try seeing if it is dead...