Windows 10: computer defaults to dual screens on startup

Discus and support computer defaults to dual screens on startup in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When I boot up or restart my computer, it defaults to extended screen with a second monitor. I know how to correct the situation once it occurs using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PeterDunk, Jun 23, 2022.

1. PeterDunk Win User

computer defaults to dual screens on startup

When I boot up or restart my computer, it defaults to extended screen with a second monitor. I know how to correct the situation once it occurs using settings but that does not fix the problem the next time I boot up or restart. How do I stop the default to dual screens when booting up?

:)

PeterDunk, Jun 23, 2022
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Wingo101 Win User
    Windows Vista Startup Problem ( Dual Boot)

I've got a dual boot set up on my computer, with Windows XP Professional 32bit & Vista Ultimate 64bit.

I haven't booted into Vista for quite some time now because I get better performance from XP. But now, if I try to boot into Vista, it goes through until after the Welcome screen & just gets stuck on a black screen with the pointer showing.

I have tried repairing the startup using the Vista CD.

Any suggestions?

Wingo101, Jun 23, 2022
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Startup Blue Screen

Hi Jon,

Startup blue screen error(s) can occur if a problem causes your PC to shut down or restart unexpectedly. It could be due to the following:

• Outdated device software drivers
    • Corrupted Windows update system files
    • Software/Security conflicts

We would like to know some information:

• Did you get any blue screen stop error codes?
    • Have you tried booting in Safe mode?

We suggest that you check this
    article
    about troubleshooting blue screen errors and follow the troubleshooting steps provided there.

We will wait for your response

Remon Ont, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

1. computer defaults to dual screens on startup - Similar Threads - computer defaults dual

2. Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS: Hello, I'm a Windows 10 user. I'm using Windows 10 latest build update in dual boot mode with Ubuntu 22 LTS. When starting it up, it always shows startup default lock screen, specifically, this photo:However, Windows does display its daily Spotlight lock screen after entering...
  3. Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS: Hello, I'm a Windows 10 user. I'm using Windows 10 latest build update in dual boot mode with Ubuntu 22 LTS. When starting it up, it always shows startup default lock screen, specifically, this photo:However, Windows does display its daily Spotlight lock screen after entering...
  4. Windows 10 always shows startup default lock screen in dual booting with Ubuntu 22 LTS

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. computer defaults to dual screens on startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer defaults to dual screens on startup: When I boot up or restart my computer, it defaults to extended screen with a second monitor. I know how to correct the situation once it occurs using settings but that does not fix the problem the next time I boot up or restart. How do I stop the default to dual screens when...
  6. computer defaults to dual screens on startup

computer defaults to dual screens on startup: When I boot up or restart my computer, it defaults to extended screen with a second monitor. I know how to correct the situation once it occurs using settings but that does not fix the problem the next time I boot up or restart. How do I stop the default to dual screens when...
  7. Dual boot missing choice screen at startup

Dual boot missing choice screen at startup: After reinstalling W10 on the eMMC drive disk 1 in my laptop, the "Choose an operating system" no longer appears, so I can't access the more useable SSD drive disk 0. Both drives are showing on disk management. How do I get the choice screen back? [ATTACH]...
  8. Lock screen changes to default on startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock screen changes to default on startup: Hello! I've searched around for a solution for this bug but haven't found any luck yet. I set a picture as my lock screen over a year ago, and haven't changed it since. A couple of weeks ago, the lock screen started changing to a default picture on start-up. It doesn't...
  9. Icons rearranged to the left on startup dual screens

Icons rearranged to the left on startup dual screens: This has been an on going problem but I have not found a permanent fix. However do CRTL ALT DEL but do nothing, and wait for the screen to blank and refresh. Exit the screen with CANCEL and ever Icon is back in place. A refresh does not help....
  10. Dual Screen constantly reconnecting & disconnecting on startup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Screen constantly reconnecting & disconnecting on startup: I rather recently upgraded from my old single screen setup to a dual screen setup, but since then I have been running into an issue on startup: When I boot my primary screen starts up, but my secondary screen seems to constantly connect and disconnect at a rapid rate, which...