Windows 10: Computer deleting files

Discus and support Computer deleting files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My computer is trying to delete all its files as soon as I click on a file, it is moved to the trash... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Robyn7931, May 16, 2020.

1. Robyn7931 Win User

Computer deleting files

My computer is trying to delete all its files as soon as I click on a file, it is moved to the trash

:)

Robyn7931, May 16, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, May 16, 2020
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    deleting hard drive files

Hi,

May we know what type of file are you trying to delete? Would it be Office documents, media files, or picture files? If you're trying to delete files for free some space on your device. We suggest to perform a Disc Cleanup. Kindly follow the steps below to
    perform the task:

• Type in Cortana Disc Cleanup
    • Choose the files to delete
    • Click on "Clean up system files"
    • Click on Ok

For any concerns, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 16, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Computer deleting files

Unable to delete a file

Hi Brent,

There are a lot of possible reason why the issue occurs, we suggest that you access
    safe mode
    and
    delete the files there. If the same issue occur,
    reboot
    your PC and run these following
    methods of troubleshooting
    steps:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 2:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 3: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Computer deleting files

1. Computer deleting files - Similar Threads - Computer deleting files

2. I deleted files off onedrive and it deleted files off of my personal computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I deleted files off onedrive and it deleted files off of my personal computer: The title says most of it, I deleted files off of my one drive and it deleted stuff off of my laptop's documents and desktop folders. I went to recycle bin in one drive, and restored most files there, but when I went to restore files from recycle bin on my computer, they...
  3. I deleted files off onedrive and it deleted files off of my personal computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I deleted files off onedrive and it deleted files off of my personal computer: The title says most of it, I deleted files off of my one drive and it deleted stuff off of my laptop's documents and desktop folders. I went to recycle bin in one drive, and restored most files there, but when I went to restore files from recycle bin on my computer, they...
  4. My computer is deleting files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer is deleting files: Hi! My computer is deleting some of files. For example I have a YouTube channel and I record videos with my phone and share it to my PC.Then I upload the video. But 3-4 months ago my computer started to delete my videos and it deleted some of my other files. I formatted 2-3...
  5. Computer keeps restarting and deleting files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer keeps restarting and deleting files: This has been plaguing me for months now. Every week or so, my computer will randomly restart and every time I log back into my computer all my files are gone. I've looked through so many forums and have even contacted a Microsoft employee but nothing has worked. There are...
  6. My computer randomly deletes some files

My computer randomly deletes some files: I have a file for a game that i can't play because my laptor randomly deletes files for no reason.I extract files from a folder to the game folder,and my laptop randomly deletes the files for no reason.I'm on version 2004 and i have an msi gl75 9sd/95d....
  7. Can't delete files in my computer

Can't delete files in my computer: There are a few files on my computer that I would like to delete - I right click on the file and click on delete; it does absolutely nothing. I am logged in as the administrator. Even tried to delete the files via OneDrive since they are on there as well - no luck. I have...
  8. File on network computer permanently deletes

File on network computer permanently deletes: When I am working across the network and I delete a file on a network computer, it comes up with a message of do I want to permanently delete these files. It there anyway to get those files to delete to the Recycle Bin on the network computer?...
  9. files disappears if they are deleted on the other computer

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    files disappears if they are deleted on the other computer: The files and folders that I create gets to my father’s computer in some way. He can see all my files and get them deleted. If he deletes the file, it disappears from my computer. I am fructrated and don’t know what I can do....
  10. Onedrive deleting files from computer

Onedrive deleting files from computer: Since some of my games and other stuff stores itself in areas like Documents and Desktop. OneDrive decides to sync all of that and then tell me that my OneDrive doesn't have any space left. So, what I do is delete files from OneDrive, expecting that it deletes the file from...