Windows 10: Computer Description and Workgroup "Not Available"

Discus and support Computer Description and Workgroup "Not Available" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Anybody know why these fields are showing as not available and why I cannot change the Domain or Workgroup? [img] 124740 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by mkr10001, Jan 5, 2019.

1. mkr10001 Win User

Computer Description and Workgroup "Not Available"

Anybody know why these fields are showing as not available and why I cannot change the Domain or Workgroup?

Computer Description and Workgroup "Not Available" [​IMG]

:)

mkr10001, Jan 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 Computer Description Workgroup Not Available

I'm having a weird issue here with Windows 10 Pro Network Sharing

I cannot see my own computer on a network, but I can see other computers on a network

I tried turning ON file and printer sharing, but it always reverts back and turns it off.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxZQOR5sTeD3UG1zenBkZlIzb3M

Also the computer description and Workgroup says its not available. I tried to change the description, but it seems like grayed out; I cannot add any description. I tried to change the Workgroup, but it doesn't do anything.

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxZQOR5sTeD3bUx6ajc2MTZQVVU

Link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BxZQOR5sTeD3RFJhWXFTMnI0RDA

I'm logged in as Administrator, Tried rebooting, uninstalled anti Virus, enabled NetBIOS over TCP, changed account from Microsoft login to Local account. It doesn't resolves the issue. I'm not sure what am I missing here.

Sahil Umatia, Jan 5, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Computer Description Workgroup Not Available

Hi,

To assist you better, please provide the details below:

• Are you connected to a domain?
    • Are you using home group to share files?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to run Internet Connection troubleshooter.

Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.

Select Troubleshooting.

Select View all on the top left corner.

Click on Internet Connection .

Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

I suggest you to run share folder troubleshooter.

Press Windows key + W and type troubleshooting.

Select Troubleshooting.

Select View all on the top left corner.

Click on share folder .

Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2:

Step 2: Start the Computer Browser service

• Type services in the search box.
    • Double-click Services and Applications.
    • Double-click Services.
    • On the right side, right-click Computer Browser, and then click
      Start.
    • Close the Computer Management window.

You can also refer to the article below:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...e6a-8d98fc2bcf62/share-files-in-file-explorer

Please post back if you need further assistance, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Amrita Bhattacharjee, Jan 5, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Switch from Homegroup to Workgroup

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+ X, select
      System.

• Click on Advanced System settings.

• Under Computer Name tab click on
      change.

• Under “Member Of” change the Workgroup name

• Then click on OK, then when prompted
      reboot your device.

And also refer the article given below and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/join-or-create-a-workgroup

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer Description and Workgroup "Not Available" - Similar Threads - Computer Description Workgroup

2. Fix Error 0x80043103, No error description available

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error 0x80043103, No error description available: [ATTACH]Some users have reported that they are unable to delete some files from their computers. Whenever they tried doing the same, Error 0x80043103, No error description available appears. Following is the exact error message users see. An unexpected error is keeping you...
  3. Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Find Other Computers in Workgroup: I did a fresh install of Windows 11 Version 21H2, OS build 22000.258 on an older HP Envy notebook. Yes, I know, it's not a fully-compliant machine. However, when I try to connect to other computers in the same workgroup, I have issues. The workgroup name is set correctly, and...
  4. Workgroups

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Workgroups: how do I unjoin from a workgroup ? Somehow I am in a workgroup that I never recall joining and it is causing me problems. what can I do to remove my desktop from a workgroup?...
  5. error - 0xC00D001A: no description available

error - 0xC00D001A: no description available: I'm trying to access files on a NAS drive and for more than half of the files i get this error code. I cannot find any way to fix it. Pls help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0xc00d001a-no-description-available/54ffe086-0343-46e8-95e3-a869a91e8462
  6. Workgroup computers not showing/sharing properly

Workgroup computers not showing/sharing properly: Hi. I have 2 computers in my home, one family computer and one personal. I was running Windows 7 on my personal machine and Windows 10 on the family with no problems with workgroup or sharing. I recently upgraded my personal computer to Windows 10 and now I cannot get the...
  7. workgroup

workgroup: From a windows 10, Having trouble creating a workgroup with a windows 7. Bill https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/workgroup/5d5266c5-b447-4fe7-8324-104e5328d3d0
  8. Workgroup Computers are displayed as Media Devices

Workgroup Computers are displayed as Media Devices: I have several Win10 computers on a "WORKGROUP" network. Network location is set to private on all machines with network discovery and file and printer sharing activated. Two computers are listed as workgroup computers and two as media devices. What do I have to do in order...
  9. Change computer description remotely

Change computer description remotely: Hi! Is there a way to change a PC description running windows 10 remotely ? We have a domain environment with multiple workstations and we would like to change their description without the need of physically accessing the PC. Is there maybe a way using CMD, Powershell or...
  10. Cannot see other computers in workgroup

Cannot see other computers in workgroup: I have a home network defined by workgroup (not homegroup). Three computers are Windows 10 (vers 1703) and one is Windows Vista. One of the Windows 10 computers can not see any of the other network computers. Nor can it see any of the network devices (including the network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. workgroup not available windows 7

2. computer description not available windows 7

3. computer description and workgroup showing not available

4. Computer description not available ,
  5. workgroup not available