Windows 10: Computer desktop fell

Discus and support Computer desktop fell in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi this is a bit of a long story but today i was sitting here watching YouTube and my landline phone rang. I have a corded keyboard and my chair was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Ray 82, Aug 4, 2020.

1. Ray 82 Win User

Computer desktop fell

Hi this is a bit of a long story but today i was sitting here watching YouTube and my landline phone rang. I have a corded keyboard and my chair was some distance from the desktop. But as i got up my dog jumped off my bed and knocked the desktop down. Now it says

Fixing C stage 2: 83% numbers changing Total 76% ETA 0:06:34.

It still runs okay and isnt making any funny noises but will it be okay or will i have to pay someone to fix it?

:)

Ray 82, Aug 4, 2020
  2. MohanC Win User

windows 10 deleted my desktop files

Step 1 - I upgraded to Win 10 and lost all my files on Desktop.

Step 2 - Found the files in Network - USers- Desktop

copied all files again to desktop.

Step 3- Restarted my machine again and lost desktop files again.

Step 4 - As suggested did the following as listed below but dont find my files.

• Press “Windows + E”, open This PC/Computer
    • Open Local Disc C, open Windows.old
    • Click on Users, select your User name
    • Go to desktop folder
    Cant find my files. Why is Win 10 deleted files again and again from Desktop ?.

MohanC, Aug 4, 2020
  3. Desktop

Hi, I have only one PC at home. It has 2 desktops. I only want one. Under FELLES there is several entries all that are listed with FELLES word first. Can i delete these ?

BruceAllen114, Aug 4, 2020
  4. Computer desktop fell

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Aug 4, 2020
Thema:

Computer desktop fell

1. Computer desktop fell - Similar Threads - Computer desktop fell

2. I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer: I fell for their scam now I'm afraid they have access to everything on my computer how do I know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-fell-for-the-scam-now-im-worried-they-have/b6e83e26-3ee1-44d6-b962-692df50c636e
  3. I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I fell for the scam now I'm worried they have everything on my computer: I fell for their scam now I'm afraid they have access to everything on my computer how do I know https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-fell-for-the-scam-now-im-worried-they-have/b6e83e26-3ee1-44d6-b962-692df50c636e
  4. My laptop fell and there's a big problem

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    My laptop fell and there's a big problem: While i was working on my couch my hand accidentally hit the laptop and it fell down. Firstly the flap it the ground. Then the whole OS froze and i shutdown my laptop. Then when i tried to open it the normal setup happened but there was a black screen when booting the OS and...
  5. My laptop fell and there's a big problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My laptop fell and there's a big problem: While i was working on my couch my hand accidentally hit the laptop and it fell down. Firstly the flap it the ground. Then the whole OS froze and i shutdown my laptop. Then when i tried to open it the normal setup happened but there was a black screen when booting the OS and...
  6. My laptop fell and there's a big problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. I fell for a scam

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I fell for a scam: I fell for the pop up your computer has been locked by Microsoft. The had access to my computer. I froze my accounts, installed SuperAntiSpyware and Malwarebytes. Also uninstalled what was downloaded. My question is: There is a folder on my desktop named Make Payment files....
  8. I think I fell for a phish.

I think I fell for a phish.: Like an idiot I was shopping on Walmart when my laptop went nuts with popups and a loud voice saying to call the phone number on the popup with the Microsoft logo on it. Regretably, I did it and spoke with a dude who identified himself by name and ID #. So, yes, I let him...
  9. internet speed fell down sharply

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    internet speed fell down sharply: I had a high download speed at around 300 Mb but after formatting the computer it fell down sharply to about 60 Mb. Driver from Windows updater are installed. Is it a software issue or router issue?...
  10. Red Screen Scam - We fell for it

Red Screen Scam - We fell for it: So, my dad received the red screen scam and called the number. The next thing he knows, gentleman on the phone has access TO HIS COMPUTER. He was controlling the computer for 15 minutes or so, explaining he could fix the virus situation with three charges: $149 to clean up...