Windows 10: Computer dims the screen brightness when I unplug. How do I stop this ?

Discus and support Computer dims the screen brightness when I unplug. How do I stop this ? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; there is no "Turn Off the Change brightness automatically when lighting changes." in settings like there was in my old windows 10 laptop. How do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AshbyLove, Jun 5, 2020.

1. AshbyLove Win User

Computer dims the screen brightness when I unplug. How do I stop this ?

there is no "Turn Off the Change brightness automatically when lighting changes." in settings like there was in my old windows 10 laptop. How do I stop this from happening?

:)

AshbyLove, Jun 5, 2020

2. Very dim screen, lack of brightness.

windows 10, Samsung laptop

After computer unplugged for about 5 hours, but turnedoff, and then when turned back on and plugged in again screen very very dim. Battery is charging, up to (93%), brightness set to 90% but display very very dim. Should I not have full brightness the moment
    computer was plugged in again after having been unplugged for some time?

DennisNeufeld, Jun 5, 2020
  3. Screen brightness when plugged/unplugged

I noticed that the screen's brightness will dim when I unplug my laptop this is very annoying to me, how do I turn this off?

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

Silverbeast123, Jun 5, 2020
  4. CarlCappo Win User

Windows 10 screen brightness is dim

Original title: ASUS PT2001 with Win 10 screen brightness

When running on battery power screen automatically dims. My area is very bright and I have trouble viewing a dim screen. I have to bring the power cord where ever the monitor is located to increase the brightness. Is there no setting to adjust this?

CarlCappo, Jun 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer dims the screen brightness when I unplug. How do I stop this ? - Similar Threads - Computer dims screen

2. How do I stop screen brightness changing when I swipe in touch screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I stop screen brightness changing when I swipe in touch screen: In laptop mode or when I press F11 for full screen mode, if my son swipes on the screen or even tried to write something with his finger, the volume changes and the screen brightness changes, sometimes all the way to black. It makes the touch screen unusable.Is it broken or...
  3. How do I stop screen brightness changing when I swipe in touch screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop screen brightness changing when I swipe in touch screen: In laptop mode or when I press F11 for full screen mode, if my son swipes on the screen or even tried to write something with his finger, the volume changes and the screen brightness changes, sometimes all the way to black. It makes the touch screen unusable.Is it broken or...
  4. How do I dim the brightness. I went to settings and display and there is no brightness slider.

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I dim the brightness. I went to settings and display and there is no brightness slider.: dimming the brightness on Windows ten https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-dim-the-brightness-i-went-to-settings-and/6748c23a-9d20-4469-9044-d4795597c681
  5. How do I stop screen dimming?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I stop screen dimming?: I thought I disabled all options but it seems like it's still dimming the screen based on what's on screen. When I am looking at mostly dark image, and then switch to a light page/image, I can see it's slowing getting brighter, and then dimming again when I open dark...
  6. Screen brightness too dim when unplugged

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen brightness too dim when unplugged: Hello, The maximum brightness when unplugged is way lower than when the laptop is plugged. I've been checking the screen- and batterysettings, but it doesn't bring solutions. Somehow, the screen goes to full brightness when unplugged when i am in my configuration-settings...
  7. Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Brightness Dims When Full Screen.: Hi, Every time I'm in full screen mode for example YouTube, or even full screen F11 in browser my screen dims automatically with no option to turn down the brightness. When I exit full screen, it goes back to the brightness level I had before. Lenovo Yoga 11S. Windows 10...
  8. My screen brightness slightly dims when I unplug the charger.

My screen brightness slightly dims when I unplug the charger.: I have the HP Pavilion Laptop and I have gone through all the settings and tried to find a way to change the setting to 100% brightness while plugged in and unplugged. Nothing new has been put up about it since 2018, which was said then to go into 'enable adaptive brightness...
  9. Screen Dimming While Playing Full-Screen Games - How do I stop this?

Screen Dimming While Playing Full-Screen Games - How do I stop this?: So about a month ago, I was playing the game Undertale in full-screen, and I think I accidentally hit some random hotkey that dimmed my screen when any game is in full-screen mode. I've searched everywhere but cannot find a solution to this. I am now playing Starcraft 2, and...
  10. why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10: why does the brightness dim when I unplug my laptop... I have windows10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/why-does-the-brightness-dim-when-i-unplug-my/5dd8b3f2-997c-47d0-a067-7c6add0df685