Windows 10: Computer disabled

Discus and support Computer disabled in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; A pop up appeared on my PC/Windows 10 telling me my computer has been disabled and to not restart it and to contact 1-888-687-1338 as supposedly... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Don Lowdon, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Computer disabled

A pop up appeared on my PC/Windows 10 telling me my computer has been disabled and to not restart it and to contact 1-888-687-1338 as supposedly Windows Support but I suspect it is all a scam. I have attached a photo below but need help in how to proceed.

:)

Don Lowdon, Jan 20, 2023

2. Windows 10 -- Cannot disable the mouse from waking computer from sleep

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1

Follow the steps below to try to disable device to wake the computer:

• Press Windows key + X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type powercfg –devicedisablewake and press
      Enter.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Method 2: Disable the Wake timers

Follow the steps below to Disable the Wake timers:

• Press Windows key +X.

• Click on Power Options.

• Click on edit Plan Settings and click on
      Change advanced power settings.

• Expand Sleep option and “Allow wake timers" and set this to
      disable.

• Restart the computer and check if issue persists.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Jan 20, 2023
  3. Yaqub K Win User
    Disabling Synaptic touchpad in Windows 10, and why it won't stay disabled. For a left handed person, it is disruptive.

Hi,

If you wish to disable your touchpad, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below.

• Press Windows Key +X.
    • Select Device manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Synaptic touchpad driver and select Disable.
    • Click OK to confirm and check with the issue.

Please reply us with the status to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Jan 20, 2023
  4. Computer disabled

Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jan 20, 2023
Thema:

Computer disabled

1. Computer disabled - Similar Threads - Computer disabled

2. My computer is disabled and lockup , I need to contact the help support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer is disabled and lockup , I need to contact the help support: My computer is locked up and disabled due to trojan spyware, kindly help to contact the support and help the next steps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-disabled-and-lockup-i-need-to/715b3216-f6bc-4824-9c97-1fe147f4d8f9
  3. My computer is disabled and lockup , I need to contact the help support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My computer is disabled and lockup , I need to contact the help support: My computer is locked up and disabled due to trojan spyware, kindly help to contact the support and help the next steps. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-computer-is-disabled-and-lockup-i-need-to/715b3216-f6bc-4824-9c97-1fe147f4d8f9
  4. Why is Co-Pilot showing again on my Windows 11 Pro computer again after I disabled the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is Co-Pilot showing again on my Windows 11 Pro computer again after I disabled the...: I used Group Editor to remove Co-Pilot from my Taskbar and it doesn't even show under my Windows Settings list anymore, but when I search using an Edge based browser it shows up and starts "thinking for me." No one seems to suggest how to just get rid of any Co-Pilot related...
  5. Why is Co-Pilot showing again on my Windows 11 Pro computer again after I disabled the...

Why is Co-Pilot showing again on my Windows 11 Pro computer again after I disabled the...: I used Group Editor to remove Co-Pilot from my Taskbar and it doesn't even show under my Windows Settings list anymore, but when I search using an Edge based browser it shows up and starts "thinking for me." No one seems to suggest how to just get rid of any Co-Pilot related...
  6. How do I get this AI copilot off my Computer entirely Not just disabled I did not ask...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get this AI copilot off my Computer entirely Not just disabled I did not ask...: How do I get this AI copilot off my computer entirely Not just disabled I did not ask for this - MS step up and do an update getting this off-people's computers...
  7. How do I get this AI copilot off my Computer entirely Not just disabled I did not ask...

How do I get this AI copilot off my Computer entirely Not just disabled I did not ask...: How do I get this AI copilot off my computer entirely Not just disabled I did not ask for this - MS step up and do an update getting this off-people's computers...
  8. Computer in infinite repair loop, windows update failing, can only boot up after disabling...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer in infinite repair loop, windows update failing, can only boot up after disabling...: Hi there,I have had this issue where I attempt to boot up my laptop and I immediately get the "Preparing AutoRepair" message. Then it will send me to the blue screen and get stuck on that screen unless I force shut down my computer. Sometimes after the AutoRepair, I can get...
  9. Computer in infinite repair loop, windows update failing, can only boot up after disabling...

Computer in infinite repair loop, windows update failing, can only boot up after disabling...: Hi there,I have had this issue where I attempt to boot up my laptop and I immediately get the "Preparing AutoRepair" message. Then it will send me to the blue screen and get stuck on that screen unless I force shut down my computer. Sometimes after the AutoRepair, I can get...
  10. Computer in infinite repair loop, windows update failing, can only boot up after disabling...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging