Windows 10: Computer disconnects from Ethernet every time it goes to "sleep" and does not turn back on.

Discus and support Computer disconnects from Ethernet every time it goes to "sleep" and does not turn back on. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can fix this issue by pressing the troubleshoot button where I think it just resets the connection. this is fine but it is really annoying having to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LucasDonegan, Feb 21, 2021.

1. Computer disconnects from Ethernet every time it goes to "sleep" and does not turn back on.

I can fix this issue by pressing the troubleshoot button where I think it just resets the connection. this is fine but it is really annoying having to do it so often. I use a powerline, and this issue has been around for a month or two. Iv tried some online fixes but none have worked. any assistance you could give would be greatly appreciated. my pc is custom built it is a year old and I have the free windows 10 version because I am a student :

:)

LucasDonegan, Feb 21, 2021

2. Computer kinda turns off when it sleeps, and internet (Ethernet cable) cuts out.

I get that thanks. But I think I explainbed it wrong. I dont press the button and it sleeps, it just turns off, when it should just sleep. Then its in sleep mode. But I have to press the power button to turn it on. And then my ethernet is also disconnected.
    heres a step by step of it

1. Looks to be asleep, but no colour on pc (like when its off)

2. Press power button. Activates normally at the login screen and my stuff is there (like when it sleeps)

3. Ethernet disconnected, must reconnect 2 times.

Why does this happen? my sleep settings dont say anything to act like this

JacobHickey1, Feb 21, 2021
  3. ald-ina Win User
    computer goes to sleep & doesn't wake up, then it's like it's totally turned off

Dear Kalpana,

thank you very much for your answer.

before posting the question, there were no updates available (as prompted).

after the computer turned off several times itself, I checked again for updates (as you told) & they downloaded.

I also did the power trouble shooter & it prompted that it set it at default settings.

After installing and restarted the computer, i tested it and it is finally OK for some settings/specifications and NOT OK for others (i.e: doesn’t wake up, needs hard reset, delays when turning on) as below:

• it goes to Sleep when on battery = ???
    • it goes to Sleep when on power = NOT OK
    • close lid on battery = OK
    • close lid on power, turned on battery = OK
    • close lid on power, turned on power = NOT OK
    • Sleep command on battery = ???
    • Sleep command on power = OK
    • battery ends = NOT OK (before posting the question, this was OK, i put the charger & it the session was as i had left it)
    could you please suggest a solution (except for turning it off myself) to save energy (when on power/battery) and have the session as left.
    maybe even the ones I marked as OK, are not ok, given that it might depend on the time that the computer is left in Sleep mode (which should not be the case, or should be similar to when battery ends).

thank you again in advance

ald-ina, Feb 21, 2021
  4. Computer disconnects from Ethernet every time it goes to "sleep" and does not turn back on.

Sleep Mode Disconnects Ethernet Internet Connection - An Oldie but a Goodie

Hi,

There's a possibility that your Ethernet connection is not enabled to wake on magic packet. For us to isolate this, let's look into the advanced settings of your network adapter. Follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Device Manager > Network adapters.
    2. Right-click on your Ethernet connection and click Properties.
    3. Click the Advanced tab.
    4. Under Property, scroll down and select Wake on magic packet.
    5. Set the value to Enabled.
    6. Click OK.

Once done, try to observe if Ethernet connection still disconnects if put to sleep mode.

Looking forward to your reply..

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 21, 2021
Thema:

Computer disconnects from Ethernet every time it goes to "sleep" and does not turn back on.

1. Computer disconnects from Ethernet every time it goes to "sleep" and does not turn back on. - Similar Threads - Computer disconnects Ethernet

2. My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day: It used to work just fine but suddenly it disconnected one day at 4 pm and it kept happening for the next 3 days. My internet works fine so I don't know what's wrong. I did a dns flush, renew and I also did a reset on my internet settings but nothing worked. I'm getting...
  3. My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Ethernet disconnects at a certain time every day: It used to work just fine but suddenly it disconnected one day at 4 pm and it kept happening for the next 3 days. My internet works fine so I don't know what's wrong. I did a dns flush, renew and I also did a reset on my internet settings but nothing worked. I'm getting...
  4. Bluetooth disconnects when the computer goes to sleep.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth disconnects when the computer goes to sleep.: Hi!My Bluetooth is disconnecting every time my computer goes to sleep. The only way to get it back it to restarts the actual computer and when booting up the Bluetooth disconnects again. Does anyone know why this is happening? Cheers, Arthur...
  5. Windows crashes every time the computer goes into sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows crashes every time the computer goes into sleep mode.: The past two days any time my computer enters sleep mode it will get the blue screen and crash. Over the past two days it has happened 5 or 6 times and I have the mini dump files for all of them. Going to windows support had me run the sfc /scannow command but that did not...
  6. Ethernet is disabled every time my computer sleeps

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet is disabled every time my computer sleeps: Everytime I put my device to sleep, the ethernet connection is disabled on wake up. I have to diagnose the connection in order to get it working. (troubleshooter says "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration). Anyone know how to fix this problem? submitted by...
  7. BSOD every time my computer goes to sleep?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD every time my computer goes to sleep?: My computer has been getting BSOD every time it goes to sleep for the last month and I don't know what to do. I have updated drivers, but nothing seems to work. I attached a MSinfo export and the last three minidumps. There were no changes made to the computer the day the...
  8. Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep: Hi, I have an issue where sound stop whenever my monitor goes to sleep or back. For example, I'm listening to some stone cold heavy metal on Spotify, screen goes to sleep, sound stops for 2-3 seconds, then comes back. When I move my mouse or press a key on my keyboard to...
  9. Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Sound pauses every time monitor goes to or wakes from sleep: Hi, I have an issue where sound stop whenever my monitor goes to sleep or back. For example, I'm listening to some stone cold heavy metal on Spotify, screen goes to sleep, sound stops for 2-3 seconds, then comes back. When I move my mouse or press a key on my keyboard to...
  10. Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Prevent sleep mode from disconnecting ethernet: Is there a way for my PC doesn't disconnect from the ethernet while in sleep mode? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-sleep-mode-from-disconnecting-ethernet/db290e53-a5db-49d6-840d-7c0987db2710