Windows 10: Computer display goes blank/black when logging on

Discus and support Computer display goes blank/black when logging on in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have an Acer Aspire TC-710 desktop computer running Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 IS Build 18362.720. I have an intermittent issue with my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by smushtaq, Mar 25, 2020.

1. smushtaq Win User

Computer display goes blank/black when logging on

Hi,

I have an Acer Aspire TC-710 desktop computer running Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 IS Build 18362.720. I have an intermittent issue with my computer where the computer will lockup when I logon/switch profile. By locking up I mean, I will get a black screen that doesn't respond to any keyboard cmds. I can see the mouse cursor and move it around, but that's it. The only resolution is to manually restart the pc. This only happens when logging on, usually when switching from one profile to another, before that I can see the logon screen and display seems to be working properly. The error is intermittent, I haven't been able to replicate it but it does occur pretty regularly. I have searched through Application and System Event viewer logs to find any related errors and haven't been able to isolate anything. I do see the following error repeatedly in the System event logs:

Would appreciate any help diagnosing this problem.

Shahab

Source: WHEA Logger

A corrected hardware error has occurred.

Component: PCI Express Root Port
    Error Source: Advanced Error Reporting PCI Express

Primary BusComputer display goes blank/black when logging on :Device:Function: 0x0:0x1C:0x0
    Secondary BusComputer display goes blank/black when logging on :Device:Function: 0x0:0x0:0x0
    Primary Device NameComputer display goes blank/black when logging on :pCI\VEN_8086&DEV_A116&SUBSYS_10001025&REV_F1
    Secondary Device Name:

Computer display goes blank/black when logging on 253b6d44-d969-4bf7-b224-ad8da9d79abb?upload=true.png

:)

smushtaq, Mar 25, 2020
  2. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Mar 25, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Screen goes black

Hi Kris,

It is possible that your screen goes black may be due to a critical system error which can cause the system to shut down. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages when it turns black?
    • Have you tried checking if the sleep mode is turned on/off?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we recommend that you perform the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot blank/black screen errors. This will provide you instruction when you see a black screen before signing in to Windows 10 and when you see a black or blank screen after signing in to Windows 10.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Mar 25, 2020
  4. zplugger Win User

Black Screen after Log on

Put old hard drive with windows 7 back in computer and it booted Perfect. Put Windows 10 hard drive back in and same problem,goes to user log on OK then screen turns black. Left it on for a hour and still have black screen,but screen saver bubbles are working? Does the same thing thing in Safe Mode, think I need to roll back display driver. Don't know how to get there,I can get to task manager when on black screen. All suggestions are welcomed.

zplugger, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer display goes blank/black when logging on - Similar Threads - Computer display goes

2. computer starts as normal then display goes blank.

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer starts as normal then display goes blank.: Hi all,This is a tricky one, start pc and display is normal until windows has loaded then the display goes blank. I can use start up optionsto start in a lower resolution and then when I get to the desktop I can increase the resolution and all is well.The only way I can get...
  3. computer starts as normal then display goes blank.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer starts as normal then display goes blank.: Hi all,This is a tricky one, start pc and display is normal until windows has loaded then the display goes blank. I can use start up optionsto start in a lower resolution and then when I get to the desktop I can increase the resolution and all is well.The only way I can get...
  4. computer starts as normal then display goes blank.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. display goes blank

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    display goes blank: display screen went blank dark black this has happened before not too often again didnt do nothing for it to happen seems random i pressed the edit button on this site and then screen went blank whats all the things to do and check to see why it's like that maybe graphics...
  6. Display goes black after logging in. Surface Pro 4.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display goes black after logging in. Surface Pro 4.: Is there a recent update that causes my display to turn black after logging in. I'm wondering if it has to do with it using the Windows Hello facial recognition. I have a Surface Pro 4....
  7. Display goes blank on boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Display goes blank on boot: The display on my Notebook Asus N55S with Nvidia Geforce GT 635M will flicker and goes off on booting, even no application has been executed. The operating system is Windows 10 Home version. How can I resolve this?...
  8. Display goes blank when updating driver

Display goes blank when updating driver: Hi! I have a Dell XPS 13. For the past month my display has been going blank when it runs on Intel Iris graphics driver, but has been working with a Windows basic Display Adapter. I have tried reinstalling OS, downloaded driver from Dell Support assist and directly from...
  9. Display goes black when recording sound

Display goes black when recording sound: Hi, I faced a problem where my laptop display goes black when the microphone array is activated (eg recording voice message etc). Pressing any buttons won't wake the display but I know the laptop is still running in the background. I have to put my display to sleep and...
  10. Display problems; display jumps around and sometimes goes blank or black

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Display problems; display jumps around and sometimes goes blank or black: Have updated my bios, firmware, and drivers through Dell support and still have the problem. Also went to Intel and updated my graphics driver. Computer 5 years old. Called Microsoft for help and since there was an issue with logging into Windows with a password (went to pin...