Windows 10: Computer Display Goes Glitchy

Discus and support Computer Display Goes Glitchy in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an HP Laptop model #3TT19UA. I have had it for 10 months. I the last month, the computer display has gone glitchy 3 times, and the only way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by AlessandraHeno, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Computer Display Goes Glitchy

I have an HP Laptop model #3TT19UA. I have had it for 10 months. I the last month, the computer display has gone glitchy 3 times, and the only way to get it to stop it so unplug the laptop, turn it off, take out the battery for 30 seconds and restart the computer. If it does this while I am working on something, I lose what I was working on because I cannot see anything but a moving checker board pattern. Sometimes it is black and white but the first 2 times it was colored. I took a video of it with my phone the last time. Is there a reason why this would begin in the last month? All my updates are current. What can I do to stop this

. Computer Display Goes Glitchy ddf68953-bf3b-4b86-9892-83a4a0287984?upload=true.jpg

:)

AlessandraHeno, Sep 9, 2019

2. PC goes into black screen and froze

Yeah I'm pretty sure that's not a software related issue which is why I was suggesting that you remove the video card to start with since it's such an easy process of elimination step.

I'm not familiar with AMD CPUs, I did see that you had listed in your system specs but I had no idea whether or not it has an iGPU

Is there any possibility of you being able to get your hands on any compatible video card at all?it would be the easiest step to try to troubleshoot or at least one of the easier ones. You should be able to get into the bios without anything but A display cable hooked up to the motherboard

jboydgolfer, Sep 9, 2019
  3. Display

Hi,

To increase the display timeout, I suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Select Desktop and click Personalization.
    • Select Lock Screen, then Click on Screen time out settings.
    • Change the required time in the drop down under Screen.

Let us know how it goes.

Renaldo cru, Sep 9, 2019
  4. Computer Display Goes Glitchy

Computer/Display keeps on crashing

Hi Julien,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concerned. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better I would like to know, which game are you trying to play?

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Method 1.

I recommend you to uninstall/reinstall the display adapter driver and check. Follow the below steps:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device manager

• Locate for display adapter and click on it to expand.

• Right click on the device and click on
      uninstall

• Once you are done uninstalling the driver, restart the computer. It will automatically install the generic display adapter driver.
    If this doesn’t help to fix the issue. I suggest you to update the display adapter driver. Skip step3 from the above steps and right click on the
    device and click on update.

Method 2.

If the above method did not help to fix the issue, I would suggest you to
    go to the AMD manufacturer website and download the latest display adapter driver. If the display driver is not available for Windows 10, try installing the available driver in compatibility mode and check.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope it helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 9, 2019
Thema:

Computer Display Goes Glitchy

1. Computer Display Goes Glitchy - Similar Threads - Computer Display Goes

2. computer starts as normal then display goes blank.

in Windows 10 Customization
    computer starts as normal then display goes blank.: Hi all,This is a tricky one, start pc and display is normal until windows has loaded then the display goes blank. I can use start up optionsto start in a lower resolution and then when I get to the desktop I can increase the resolution and all is well.The only way I can get...
  3. computer starts as normal then display goes blank.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer starts as normal then display goes blank.: Hi all,This is a tricky one, start pc and display is normal until windows has loaded then the display goes blank. I can use start up optionsto start in a lower resolution and then when I get to the desktop I can increase the resolution and all is well.The only way I can get...
  4. computer starts as normal then display goes blank.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Glitchy computer screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Glitchy computer screen: When I try to go on things like games or YouTube, On certain parts my screen is glitching and showing static rainbow pixels, what should I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/glitchy-computer-screen/732d6972-9af4-43f1-a66b-866efc320191
  6. Glitchy computer screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Glitchy computer screen: When I try to go on things like games or YouTube, On certain parts my screen is glitching and showing static rainbow pixels, what should I do to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/glitchy-computer-screen/732d6972-9af4-43f1-a66b-866efc320191
  7. Glitchy computer screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. My Windows 10 blue screens and goes glitchy

My Windows 10 blue screens and goes glitchy: it usually happens when I am in the middle of a RAM heavy task playing a video game, making a 3d model etc. that my PC will do the blue screen restart "your pc encountered a problem and needs to restart" except it will be offset to the bottom left of the screen, have two blue...
  9. Laptop display goes off but computer still running

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop display goes off but computer still running: Hello I hope somebody here can help me with my problem. The display on my laptop sometimes disappears but the computer is still running. It only opens when I have been away and never when I'm actually using it. I can see that the computer is still on because the power lights...
  10. Computer display goes blank/black when logging on

Computer display goes blank/black when logging on: Hi, I have an Acer Aspire TC-710 desktop computer running Windows 10 Home, Version 1903 IS Build 18362.720. I have an intermittent issue with my computer where the computer will lockup when I logon/switch profile. By locking up I mean, I will get a black screen that...