Windows 10: Computer does blue screen when I unplugged the monitor that is connected with HDMI

Discus and support Computer does blue screen when I unplugged the monitor that is connected with HDMI in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I can't find the solution, computer have latest window 10 updates, latest drivers and firmware and still does blue screens all the time. This is the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ny10019, Aug 13, 2020.

1. ny10019 Win User

Computer does blue screen when I unplugged the monitor that is connected with HDMI

I can't find the solution, computer have latest window 10 updates, latest drivers and firmware and still does blue screens all the time.

This is the latest dump file from just moments ago

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/obfgvu0vddc88tr/AAAVYuJjytBXF7EdfziQ7L5qa?dl=0

Is a Dell Latitude 7400 with Window 10 Pro.

:)

ny10019, Aug 13, 2020

2. Blue Screen after unplugging HDMI and on battery power

Hello!

Here's the scenario of a blue screen that I can reliably reproduce....

• I'm presenting off my Dell Precision 5510 (Windows 10 Pro version 1709 Build 16299.248, 64-bit, 32GB RAM, Intel i7-6820HQ @ 2.70Ghz) while plugged into power. The laptop is connected to a projector via HDMI, with the screen extended (allowing me to see
      one thing on my laptop monitor and other content displayed on the HDMI connected projector.
    • Presentation is done. I unplug from HDMI without toggling to displaying only on my PC screen. I just unplug the HDMI cable.
    • I unplug from the power supply (thus now on battery power) but have not turned off the laptop or put it in standby.
    • I work on some follow-up tasks..... In a matter of minutes the laptop slows, locks, and blue screens.
    • The blue screen code varies, but the message about collecting data never goes above 0%.

If I toggle to displaying only on my PC screen, I seem to avoid the blue screen. Also, if I'm under power, it doesn't seem to happen. Finally, if I unplug from power but don't unplug the HDMI, I'm fine. It's when I unplug from HDMI and go to battery power
    that the failure happens.

Nothing shows up on memory diagnostics.

Thoughts? Thanks!

AndyKaufmanPMP, Aug 13, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Blue Screen after unplugging HDMI and on battery power

Hi Andy,

An outdated or corrupted display driver is one of the possible reasons why you are having a blue screen issue after unplugging the HDMI while on batter power. For us to assist you better, kindly answer the questions below:

• Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Do you have a third-party security software installed?
    • Have you tried to download and install the latest display driver to your computer from the manufacturer's website and check if the issue persists?
    • Have you tried running your computer in
      clean boot
      and check if you will still experience the same issue? Note: Please go through the section:
      How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
      of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Meanwhile, I would suggest that you try the steps in this
    link
    to troubleshoot blue screen issues and check if it helps.

We'll be waiting for your reply.

Eric Ber, Aug 13, 2020
  4. Computer does blue screen when I unplugged the monitor that is connected with HDMI

HDMI monitor loses connection in Windows 10

I have a dual monitor setup on a Radeon RX 580 8GB graphics card. Randomly, after I unplugged my secondary monitor through HDMI then plugged it in again it stopped working. I have tried everything from checking hardware to updating my bios and everything
    in between (installed newest driver from manufacturer site, windows button p, settings menu, unplugging computer for a set time, fresh install on windows 10 without updates). If I boot the computer with only the second HDMI monitor connected the bios will
    pick it up but when Windows takes over it loses it's connection. My primary is connected through Display Port. If anyone has suggestions please let me know.

Thema:

Computer does blue screen when I unplugged the monitor that is connected with HDMI

1. Computer does blue screen when I unplugged the monitor that is connected with HDMI - Similar Threads - Computer does blue

2. Facing with a blue screen while I’m not connected to my monitor with hdmi

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Facing with a blue screen while I’m not connected to my monitor with hdmi: Its been a long time I’ve been using my laptop with an external monitor. Last week when I take my laptop with me to outside, in startup it showed me a blue screen. When I refreshed the laptop with force shut down it came back with no blue screens in the opening but after a...
  3. Facing with a blue screen while I’m not connected to my monitor with hdmi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Facing with a blue screen while I’m not connected to my monitor with hdmi: Its been a long time I’ve been using my laptop with an external monitor. Last week when I take my laptop with me to outside, in startup it showed me a blue screen. When I refreshed the laptop with force shut down it came back with no blue screens in the opening but after a...
  4. Facing with a blue screen while I’m not connected to my monitor with hdmi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.

Blue screen when plugging in or unplugging a usb.: I’ve been having frequent blue screens whenever I unplugged my mouse or unplug my controller, also happens when plugging or unplugging any usb. Started happenening after I did a clean wipe and a new install of windows....
  6. BSOD when unplugging external monitor from laptop hdmi

BSOD when unplugging external monitor from laptop hdmi: Hello, I have big problem, every time I unplug second monitor I get BSOD WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. I have tried reinstall drivers and then windows too. But it didnt help. It should be a software error, when with second monitor everything works fine, right? Here is a...
  7. no HDMI connection to monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    no HDMI connection to monitor: have checked cable and driver update what next? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-hdmi-connection-to-monitor/dae9274b-c160-408c-bd77-87531c84df3c
  8. When connected to external monitor and unplugging the connection all tabs that are in...

in Windows 10 Customization
    When connected to external monitor and unplugging the connection all tabs that are in...: Hello, I am using an external monitor so I am using it like extended monitor. However on a few occasions I disconnected the HDMI cable and start working only from my laptop no external monitor At this point all my apps that were working on the external monitor are lost...
  9. Blue Screen when unplugging USB

Blue Screen when unplugging USB: Recently I have been having a problem with my Acer laptop giving me the blue screen when I unplug USB devices. I'm attaching a link to the dump file posted on my google drive. Hoping someone can look at this dump file and tell me what is causing the problem....
  10. Blue Screen of Death When Laptop Is Unplugged

Blue Screen of Death When Laptop Is Unplugged: Hello, I am in a bit of a bind. About 8 months ago I purchased a Lenovo Z50 laptop from Amazon. This has a quad-core AMD A10 processor, and 8 GB of RAM. When I got it, it ran Windows 8. It has worked flawlessly for me, despite all of the my coding projects and virtual...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. BSOD when external monitor off

2. windows 10 blue configuration screen after unplugging pc from power

3. windows 10 blue configuration screen after unplugging pc

4. blue screen after didconnecting monitor laptop