Windows 10: Computer does not boot or display anything on the screen - BIOS issue

Discus and support Computer does not boot or display anything on the screen - BIOS issue in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All my hardware is in perfect working order before this happened. I changed my memory speed in the BIOS and I believe this is what caused the following... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by CarbonGhost, Jul 11, 2021.

1. Computer does not boot or display anything on the screen - BIOS issue

All my hardware is in perfect working order before this happened. I changed my memory speed in the BIOS and I believe this is what caused the following issue. After changing the memory speed the system froze and wouldn't boot, eventually I got to the BIOS recovery screen. After following the BIOS recovery instructions for my motherboard ([Motherboard] Troubleshooting-When "WARNING! BIOS Recovery mode has been detected" message is displayed Processing method of abnormal boot | Official Support | ASUS Global) and inserting a USB drive with the BIOS on it I rebooted the system and the system showed the POST screen. I pressed F1 on the post screen but the system froze again so I rebooted it, and the display didn't display anything or even turn on. I've tried a few more times to restart the computer, completely power off and turn back on the system, but it no longer displays anything. I'm willing to share any information needed to fix this issue.

:)

CarbonGhost, Jul 11, 2021

2. screen display

Hi William,

It is important that you have the correct screen display and resolution. We suggest that you perform the following steps to reset the monitor settings:

• Boot your computer in
      safe mode
    • Once in safe mode, right-click the desktop > Screen Resolution.
    • Change the display settings back to the original configuration.
    • Restart your computer.

Feel free to update us on the result.

Rachelle Gra, Jul 11, 2021
  3. Denilyn Win User
    After update computer boots to Bios screen

I did what you told me and the computer booted right up a lot quicker too. I let it run all night and shut it down. So far it has restarted. I will have him play his videos and see what happens. So, what does this mean? Like i said it ran great before
    the update and after it started acting up with the bios screen popping up, we did what was suggested, a fresh install (so not able to go back to the previous version) only to be faced with the same issue off and on. Why would it boot up fine sometimes and
    other times boot only into bios screen and why would it just restart to the bios screen in the middle of doing something? Is it fixed doing what you suggested or is this a bandaid or a way to troubleshoot. Sorry for all the questions, just trying to learn
    as much as possible.

Denilyn, Jul 11, 2021
  4. Computer does not boot or display anything on the screen - BIOS issue

No BIOS screen on boot

Situation:

Have recently redone water cooling loop. System has been running fine for the last 5 days. This morning I was trying to tidy up cabling and then booted it again to make sure it still worked and everything was connected.

The login prompt was on the screen, but I didn't have the keyboard there yet. About 15 minutes later I came back with keyboard and mouse from my other computer and it was off. Then I realized that the fan for the NB/IOH was not plugged in, and that it most likely was the reason it had turned off. Although I have not had a fan there longer than that, it does go up to 90C or more without one after a while.

Now each power on results in a fans an pump starting an leds on the MB, followed a power off and restart with no video on monitor at all. Can't get it to do anything else.

Steps tried already:

Reset BIOS by setting jumpers.
    Reset BIOS by removing battery.
    Remvoed ram and left one stick in.
    Tried one stick of alternate ram.
    Checked PSU with tester.

PSU looks ok and nothing else gets it past the blank screen. Always restarts again after I power it on.

Thanks for any suggestions.

PopcornMachine, Jul 11, 2021
Thema:

Computer does not boot or display anything on the screen - BIOS issue

1. Computer does not boot or display anything on the screen - BIOS issue - Similar Threads - Computer does boot

2. Screen does not display anything when turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen does not display anything when turned on: When I turn on my laptop, nothing shows up on the screen. It seems to flash for a few seconds, but it’s barely noticeable and goes away. Is there anything I can do to fix this? also this is my fault, i had it in my backpack for several weeks, it also does not show damage in...
  3. Screen does not display anything when turned on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen does not display anything when turned on: When I turn on my laptop, nothing shows up on the screen. It seems to flash for a few seconds, but it’s barely noticeable and goes away. Is there anything I can do to fix this? also this is my fault, i had it in my backpack for several weeks, it also does not show damage in...
  4. computer boots up, but doesn’t display anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer boots up, but doesn’t display anything: every time my computer turns off/restarts, it doesn’t display anything after. i’ve already done everything the internet says, reseat ram, gpu, unplug and replug everything. the only thing that worked was restarting it 3x to get into recovery mode but now that won’t work...
  5. computer boots up, but doesn’t display anything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer boots up, but doesn’t display anything: every time my computer turns off/restarts, it doesn’t display anything after. i’ve already done everything the internet says, reseat ram, gpu, unplug and replug everything. the only thing that worked was restarting it 3x to get into recovery mode but now that won’t work...
  6. computer boots up, but doesn’t display anything

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Blue screen on boot, and Display issues .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screen on boot, and Display issues .: Well hello, yesterday i was just as usually opening my browser then just my PC crashed and reboot it but there is no display on the main Graphics card so i tried to update it, didn't work and try to rollback driver, also didn't work so, i just deleted it with DDU and i did a...
  8. Win10 computer does not boot, not even show bios

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win10 computer does not boot, not even show bios: I was playing GTA (which I downloaded from Steam) as usual and all of a sudden my screen flickered, showed some strange color lines. I force shutdowned the laptop and now it refuses to open. Fans are spinning like crazy but I can't get no response at all. Specs; Samsung...
  9. Screen display problems. Will not display anything while computer is on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen display problems. Will not display anything while computer is on: Hi, Recently I was gaming on my windows 10 computer and all of a sudden the screen went completely blank on my TV and showed no connection. I have switched out the HDMI, switched where the power supply is plugged into, and tried to hard restart the computer. I still...
  10. Multi Display Issues. BIOS screen in wrong display.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi Display Issues. BIOS screen in wrong display.: I'm having an issue with my displays and the way programs are opening on them. I am using two displays: - Dell 24" LED Monitor (SE2416) | Resolution 1920 x 1080 - LG 50" 4K Ultra HD LED LCD TV Both Which are connected to my graphics card via HDMI 2.1 cables. My Dell...