Windows 10: Computer does not boot up

Discus and support Computer does not boot up in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I had a hp 8460p laptop with specs as follows: 1) intel core i5 2nd gen ( i5-2520M) 2) 4gb ram stock( DDR3) 3) intel hd graphics 3000 (no dedicated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by VenkateshSwamy, May 17, 2019.

1. Computer does not boot up

I had a hp 8460p laptop with specs as follows:

1) intel core i5 2nd gen ( i5-2520M)

2) 4gb ram stock( DDR3)

3) intel hd graphics 3000 (no dedicated graphics card)

I had windows 7 64 bit which came preinstalled..... after few years, when the free upgrade to windows 10 came i upgraded to it and then just the next day computer stopped working....

the problem is as follows

1) during the windows logo boot up screen..... when the first round of dots(loading) comes, computer either shuts down or else it enters BSOD

2) sometimes it boots up and after just a minute it shutdowns in a sec

Computer technician later changed it to windows 8.1 and again it worked fine.....

I missed windows 10 which my freinds all had and again idiotically upgraded to windows 10 and again the same problem.....

Any ideas?

Now the laptop is not working but i want that laptop to work.....

My aunt having a acer laptop of unkown model having 4 gigs ram i3 2nd gen had same problem... but she reverted to windows 8.1 and that laptop works like a charm...

Now coming to the main point now i have a pc of following specs

1) intel pentium e5200

2) 2*2 ddr2 ram

3) 500 gb 7200 rpm hdd

my computer runs windows 8.1 and when i upgraded to windows 10 boot up time was 3 min and also computer runs very slow....

Is there any solution for the problem that i expirienced?

The computer that i use does not have any dedicated graphics card......

(graphics driver ( intel g33/31 express chipset)

Thanking in advance for solutions

Venkatesh

:)

VenkateshSwamy, May 17, 2019

2. Unable to boot the computer.

Hi Samid,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Before we proceed, we would require more information to assist you further.

• What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you check if you are able to boot into Windows Recovery Environment using installation media. Follow the steps provided below and check.

• Insert the installation USB and boot Windows 10 from it.
      • In the ‘Windows setup’ page select the ‘language to install’, ‘Time and currency format’ and the ‘keyboard or input method’ and click on ‘next’.
      • Click on ‘Repair your computer’ and select ‘Troubleshoot’.
    Check if you are able to boot to this window. If you are unable to boot to this window, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer and check.

Hope this information is helpful. Reply us with this information to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, May 17, 2019
  3. GNJha Win User
    Boot Process

Hi,

Please suggest me a link that can explain the boot process step by step of ...

• Windows 7,
    • Windows 8.1,
    • Windows 10,
    • Windows Server 2008 R2 and
    • Windows Server 2012 R2

With Regards

InTech

GNJha, May 17, 2019
  4. Computer does not boot up

Computer keeps re-booting

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1

Disconnect all the external devices (printers, scanner, USB (universal serial bus) drives, etc...) Except mouse and the keyboard and then check.

Method 2

I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting on the left pane, click on
      View All.
    • Click on Power to run the troubleshooter.
    Method 3

If the above method doesn’t help, I suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back to their default settings. Follow the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg -restoredefaultschemes, and then press
      ENTER.
    • At the command prompt, type exit to exit the Command Prompt window.
    • Restart the computer and check with the issue.
    Method 4: Clean boot

Putting your system in Clean Boot state helps in identifying if any third party applications or startup items are causing the issue. You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer
    to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 17, 2019
Thema:

Computer does not boot up

1. Computer does not boot up - Similar Threads - Computer does boot

2. Computer not booting up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer not booting up: My computer with a detachable keyboard is in a loop where it say “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error” The shirt +F10 trick is not working.....
  3. Computer not booting up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not booting up: My computer with a detachable keyboard is in a loop where it say “The computer restarted unexpectedly or encountered an unexpected error” The shirt +F10 trick is not working.....
  4. Computer not booting up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The computer does not boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The computer does not boot: Hi, I forgot to encrypt my computer case and unfortunately I can not log in to my desktop and install Windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-computer-does-not-boot/f314dcda-a870-4030-b67b-be25992b9a51
  6. laptop does not boot up

laptop does not boot up: It stops with blue screen before booting Windows. It only get Choose an option choice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-does-not-boot-up/27bde82d-cd0a-43c0-8a8e-b729aaab136e
  7. Computer starts but does not boot up?

Computer starts but does not boot up?: Hello every time I switch my computer on it goes on but the keyboard and mouse do not go on additionally the pc does not start up I always have to switch it off and then on again so that it starts up. I have been using this pc for almost 1 year and have also installed current...
  8. Window does not boot up

Window does not boot up: [IMG]Recently change a new motherboard and upgraded my hdd to sdd. Yesterday it show that my window is not activated. Today its boot up but show black screen but i am able to go into bios...
  9. Booting up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Booting up computer: My computer has been working for many years perfectly fine I am now in an auto repair loop with the text ¨f:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\system32\logfiles\srt\srtTrail.txt¨ showing I have tried all the fixes nothing works can someone help me....
  10. The computer does not boot

The computer does not boot: Hi, sir, I recently tried to partition my computer (Windows 10). He showed me a message that the operation failed, so I restarted my computer and now my computer does not start. Just showing me hp invent home screen by clicking on any key does not work. The screen stays...