Windows 10: Computer does not enter sleep mode properly

Discus and support Computer does not enter sleep mode properly in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi guys, I have clean installed windows 10 on my Zenbook (UX31LA) and i have problem with the sleep mode, when i enter sleep mode (either way) my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by OrPat, Aug 14, 2015.

1. OrPat Win User

Computer does not enter sleep mode properly

Hi guys,

I have clean installed windows 10 on my Zenbook (UX31LA) and i have problem with the sleep mode, when i enter sleep mode (either way) my screen turns off and the power led blinks (normal so far), but when i wake the computer up, I see the "Asus" logo and it loads the sign in screen and all my work is gone. it looks like it stats from scratch and it takes about 8 sec (like stat from power off).

please help,

thanks,

:)

OrPat, Aug 14, 2015

2. My Computer will not shutdown properly. (Windows 10)

My computer will not shut down or enter sleep mode properly. After selecting shutdown option my screen will go black, All usb ports drop power but my fans stay on and continue to stay on unless I hold the power button. Same for sleep mode since it does not
    want to wake up. I have done everything on the internet and I am getting nowhere.

Kyle Skinner, Aug 14, 2015
  3. Laptop does not enter sleep mode

Hi,

My laptop is fully updated and running on windows 10. Recently my laptop does not enter sleep mode after the set time it is supposed to enter sleep mode, also the laptop starts up automatically when in sleep mode with the lid closed.

Do any of you have any idea what the cause might be and how to fix this problem?

I ran a power efficiency diagnostics report with the following errors:

Platform Power Management CapabilitiesComputer does not enter sleep mode properly :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

USB Suspend:USB Device not Entering Selective Suspend

System Availability Requests:System Required Request

Are any of these errors preventing my laptop from entering sleep mode?

Thanks in advanced for your help and advice.

Chris

Christophpher, Aug 14, 2015
  4. Picazsoo Win User

Yeah - I have the same problem. It is super annoying. Did you manage to fix it somehow? My laptop is Zenbook UX32LN. It happens exactly the same way you describe it. I actually did totally clean install of Win 10 today because of this issue - spent 10 hours tweaking my system and installing all apps to find that nothing has changed. I always have to manually hibernate, but it takes quite long since I have 12GB of RAM in my system (even with SSD it takes quite some time).

Picazsoo, Sep 30, 2015
  5. slyphnier Win User
    windows10 RTM sleep mode is pretty much buggy

lots people having black screen issue after coming back from sleep
    so this might also the case with sleep mode

hope it will get fixed in next big patch "Threshold2"
    for now it best to disable sleep

slyphnier, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Computer does not enter sleep mode properly - Similar Threads - Computer does enter

2. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  3. LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    LAPTOP NOT ENTERING INTO SLEEP MODE: I am experiencing a sleep problem with my laptop. Whenever I attempt to put it in sleep mode, it only gets locked and doesn't actually enter sleep mode. It remains active and only becomes locked, failing to enter sleep mode. Additionally, the power button light doesn't blink...
  4. The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode: With recent updates, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen switches to lock screen before sleeping. In the past, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen would turn off immediately. Is this a new feature? or some kind of...
  5. The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode

The computer screen does not immediately turn off when entering sleep mode: With recent updates, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen switches to lock screen before sleeping. In the past, whenever I put the computer into sleep mode, the computer screen would turn off immediately. Is this a new feature? or some kind of...
  6. Computer wont enter sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer wont enter sleep mode.: Hi all,So for the past couple months since upgrading to windows 11, my pc jsut wont enter sleep mode. Ive managaed to narrow it down and its my "Steelseries arctis 7 headset" that wont let it sleep. However Ive tried to override it in powercfg but it still wont enter sleep...
  7. Computer wont enter sleep mode.

Computer wont enter sleep mode.: Hi all,So for the past couple months since upgrading to windows 11, my pc jsut wont enter sleep mode. Ive managaed to narrow it down and its my "Steelseries arctis 7 headset" that wont let it sleep. However Ive tried to override it in powercfg but it still wont enter sleep...
  8. Computer Never Enters Sleep Mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer Never Enters Sleep Mode: I'm having another problem with my new laptop.I have Windows 10. When I first got the laptop, I was able to put it into sleep mode and it went fully to sleep. You could move the mouse, press any button, lift the lid... it didn't turn on. It was asleep until you pressed the...
  9. Computers shut down when entering sleep mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computers shut down when entering sleep mode: Hello, I am experiencing problems with some of my customers the number of people affected just keeps growing and growing . When the computers doesn't matter if it's a laptop or a PC enters sleep mode and some time passes - the computer shuts down. We tried checking the...
  10. PC not entering sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC not entering sleep mode.: I have the settings set to automatically sleep after 30 minutes, but it isn't going to sleep. Changing this to an earlier time does nothing. Powercfg /requests returns nothing. It is possible that the recent 2004 windows 10 update could be a cause, but I can't say for...