Windows 10: computer does not go to sleep

Discus and support computer does not go to sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; my screen does not go black after set time, and the computer won't sleep either. if I don't shut down, it will stay on indefinitely. this problem... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BaruchB, Jul 22, 2021.

1. BaruchB Win User

computer does not go to sleep

my screen does not go black after set time, and the computer won't sleep either. if I don't shut down, it will stay on indefinitely. this problem surfaced only recently. until then, the screen would black out after 10-15 minutes, and the computer would go to sleep after an hour or two. those were default settings in windows 10, and I never changed them. I was seeing a lot if YouTube videos, and there wasn't a problem. recently I used dailimotion site a lot, but I didn't download anything. could I pick up some malware from dailymotion? I want to add than I don't play games online; I don't ha

:)

BaruchB, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Computer sleeping

Hi,

For us to better understand your concern, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you've done so far?
    • Is you computer going to sleep while you're using it?
    • How many minutes does it take before your computer goes to sleep?
    Hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Jul 22, 2021
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Jul 22, 2021
  4. computer does not go to sleep

Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

computer does not go to sleep

1. computer does not go to sleep - Similar Threads - computer does sleep

2. Computer Will Not Go to Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer Will Not Go to Sleep: I have my son's computer set to turn on the screensaver after 15 minutes and go to sleep after 30 minutes. However, neither of these occurs. The computer is up to date and I've double checked the settings and can't find anything wrong. I suspect a program is preventing it...
  3. Why my computer does not go to sleep?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my computer does not go to sleep?: When i press sleep button on keyboard,my computer goes to sleep but it goes out in sleep and turn on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-does-not-go-to-sleep/1116b08a-5c37-4ca4-88cd-ea0fe3ad2cfe
  4. Why my computer does not go to sleep?

Why my computer does not go to sleep?: When i press sleep button on keyboard,my computer goes to sleep but it goes out in sleep and turn on again? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-my-computer-does-not-go-to-sleep/1116b08a-5c37-4ca4-88cd-ea0fe3ad2cfe
  5. the computer does not go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the computer does not go to sleep.: The computer does not fully enter sleep mode. as soon as I press the sleep mode button, the monitors seem to turn off, but the cooler does not want to stop. However, for all the friends who also have windows 10, when they are put into sleep mode, their PC turns off....
  6. the computer does not go to sleep.

the computer does not go to sleep.: The computer does not fully enter sleep mode. as soon as I press the sleep mode button, the monitors seem to turn off, but the cooler does not want to stop. However, for all the friends who also have windows 10, when they are put into sleep mode, their PC turns off....
  7. the computer does not go to sleep.

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Computer not going to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer not going to sleep: I have my computer set to sleep for 30 mins. I leave it for an hour and yet it still open. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/c242c1df-06c6-4e53-b262-15de440e553e
  9. Computer not going to sleep

Computer not going to sleep: I have my computer set to sleep for 30 mins. I leave it for an hour and yet it still open. Why is that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-not-going-to-sleep/c242c1df-06c6-4e53-b262-15de440e553e
  10. Computer will not go to sleep

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer will not go to sleep: Problem started 4-5 days back. I tried removing the Dec 12 update which didn't fix the issue. Specs: Custom Built. Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix E570 Windows 10 Installed updates: December 8, 2020—KB4592438 OS Builds 19041.685 and 19042.685 November 10, 2020—KB4586781...