Windows 10: Computer does not operate properly after most recent Windows 10 Updates

Discus and support Computer does not operate properly after most recent Windows 10 Updates in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I recently installed the latest Windows 10 updates to my 4 month old computer. I have Outlook installed on my hard drive not Outlook 365. Now, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GlenAM13, May 31, 2020.

1. GlenAM13 Win User

Computer does not operate properly after most recent Windows 10 Updates

I recently installed the latest Windows 10 updates to my 4 month old computer. I have Outlook installed on my hard drive not Outlook 365. Now, when I 'wake up' the computer from sleep, I can't access Outlook...says 'not responding'. Can't get on Internet, can't shut down normally. Everything works fine if I force a shutdown & restart....until the computer goes to sleep again. Tried to do a restore to before the updates were installed after disabling all virus protection. Upon restart I get System Restore Error 0x80070005. And, the updates were still on my computer. So, I uninstalled the updates. If I look at update history, it says that they were installed on 05-29 and 05-31-2020. Yet when I look, they are not there I uninstalled them. Now, after all this, upon starting I get an error message stating that "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.549981C3F5F10_2.2005.5739.0_x64_8wekyb3d8b\Win32Bridge.Server.exe'. Plus, my Outlook still doesn't respond if I let the computer go to sleep, nor can I access the Internet. What is going on? HELP!!

:)

GlenAM13, May 31, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 31, 2020
  3. Dyan Rey Win User
    Windows 10 Update and Computer is Running SLOW

Hello,

Given that there was an update that was recently installed on your computer, it is possible that there are underlying software issues in the operating system of your computer. To help us identify the cause of this issue, we would need to know the following
    information:

• Which build and edition of Windows 10 is currently installed on your computer?
    • What specific update was recently installed on your device?
    • Are you also experiencing with the applications randomly crashing?

In the meantime, we suggest that you perform a clean boot by following the steps indicated on this
    link. It will help us to troubleshoot and determine what conflict is causing the problem.

Keep us updated with the result.

Dyan Rey, May 31, 2020
  4. kruk Win User

AMD Says The Windows Thread Scheduler is "operating properly" for Ryzen.

So, Microsoft has decided to eliminate any Windows 7 or 8.1 advantages on Ryzen systems by simply blocking updates for systems with Ryzen (and Kaby Lake) CPUs. Quote follows:

Additionally, you may see an error message on the Windows Update window that resembles the following:

We recommend that you upgrade Windows 8.1-based and Window 7-based computers to Windows 10 if those computers have a processor that is from any of the following generations:
    • Intel seventh (7th)-generation "Intel Core" processor or a later generation
    • AMD seventh (7th)-generation (“Bristol Ridge") processor or a later generation
    • Qualcomm “8996" processor or a later generation

Thema:

1. Computer does not operate properly after most recent Windows 10 Updates - Similar Threads - Computer does operate

2. Chrome does not open after the most recent update. is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome does not open after the most recent update. is there a fix?: just updated with the most recent Microsoft update. when i click on the chrome icon to start up chrome, you get a spinning circle next to the cursor arrow for a couple of seconds and then nothing happens. is there a fix?...
  3. Chrome does not open after the most recent update. is there a fix?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chrome does not open after the most recent update. is there a fix?: just updated with the most recent Microsoft update. when i click on the chrome icon to start up chrome, you get a spinning circle next to the cursor arrow for a couple of seconds and then nothing happens. is there a fix?...
  4. Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update: I was prompted to download and install the new Windows 11, version 22H2 and now my computer appears to be unusable.It took more than 3 hours of updating before giving me a blue screen with two options: Troubleshoot or Turn Off the PC. None of the default repair options do...
  5. Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update: I was prompted to download and install the new Windows 11, version 22H2 and now my computer appears to be unusable.It took more than 3 hours of updating before giving me a blue screen with two options: Troubleshoot or Turn Off the PC. None of the default repair options do...
  6. Can't Use Computer After Most Recent Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. BSOD after most recent updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after most recent updates: So after installing the updates released today I keep getting a BSOD. It seems like the update its self is broken I have tried to install it twice both times windows boot looped after the install. I tried to use SFC and DISM from the boot menu but no luck. I managed to get...
  8. Computer will not accept the most recent update

Computer will not accept the most recent update: My computer will not accept the newest windows 10 update. It will not apply it and backs out of it every time. Is there anything I can do to allow this update to load?...
  9. Most Recent Windows 10 Update

Most Recent Windows 10 Update: I got that big update in the last 10 days. On its way to the desktop, it showed some new things. I was in a hurry and skipped past it. Is there a way to get back to that OR is there a list of new features available? One thing that I keep running into and don't know how I am...
  10. Computer will not boot after most recent update

Computer will not boot after most recent update: My computer was stuck on the automatic repair loop after an update overnight and now it will not boot at all. I have downloaded windows 10 onto a usb and I’m ready to install it, but the bios screen confuses me. However, i took a chance and plugged in the usb, chose install,...