Windows 10: Computer does not post after idle.

Discus and support Computer does not post after idle. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This started like 4 - 5 days ago, i left my computer turned on as always and have gone for a few hours. When i got home, i could not wake the display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kolaschiii6, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Computer does not post after idle.

This started like 4 - 5 days ago, i left my computer turned on as always and have gone for a few hours. When i got home, i could not wake the display up. The computer was clearly been working, because CPU fan was spinning, but display was not posting, and mouse lights were off. I thought it was just a bug, rebooted the PC and forgot about it. Yesterday it happened again, when i was not home, and i began to worry. I planned to upgrade to Windows 11 anyway, so i thought it would fix the issue. And today morning it happened again, on almost fresh system. I came home and saw the mouse not lit up a

:)

kolaschiii6, Mar 18, 2023
  2. Jonas Flo Win User

Bluetooth still on while idle

Thanks for following the steps. Now, the settings won't take effect if you are only using normal PC idle mode. Normal functionality of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi settings are to stay connected even if PC is idle. With the settings that you have created, we would
    suggest that you set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or
    Hibernate
    once idle. In this way, the settings "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" should take effect.

To set your PC to automatically go to Sleep or Hibernate when idle, please follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel, set view by: Small
      icons.
    • Look for Power Options.
    • Click on Change when the computer sleeps on the left pane.
    • Set a timer.

Please try it out. Hope it helps. If you have any other concerns, don't hesitate to come back to us.

Jonas Flo, Mar 18, 2023
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Mar 18, 2023
  4. trt740 Win User

Computer does not post after idle.

Post your source for the best Stepping for Amd 64's and Optys

Post your Stepping and o/c for Amd 64's Am2 /939 and Optys

can anyone point me in the direction of a good site which lists stepping codes for which cpu's over clock the best

trt740, Mar 18, 2023
Thema:

Computer does not post after idle.

1. Computer does not post after idle. - Similar Threads - Computer does post

2. Pc not Booting, posting, monitor and pc stays idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc not Booting, posting, monitor and pc stays idle.: I had this problem for almost a year now. First, whenever I want to boot my pc i always need to clear cmos and reseat my memory. i just leave the cmos slot open because it gets annoying everytime and its not mandatory anyways therefore i cant even change the bios settings. If...
  3. Computer does not post after idle.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer does not post after idle.: This started like 4 - 5 days ago, i left my computer turned on as always and have gone for a few hours. When i got home, i could not wake the display up. The computer was clearly been working, because CPU fan was spinning, but display was not posting, and mouse lights were...
  4. Computer does not post after idle.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer does not post after idle.: This started like 4 - 5 days ago, i left my computer turned on as always and have gone for a few hours. When i got home, i could not wake the display up. The computer was clearly been working, because CPU fan was spinning, but display was not posting, and mouse lights were...
  5. Computer is not idling.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is not idling.: I've setup power plan to have 30% as minimum processor speed, but despite low 1-3% load CPU is not slowing down and even more - if I'm enabling boosting in BIOS CPU is always trying to boost speed....
  6. Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle

Computer crashes randomly after sitting idle: Hey guys, New poster here and im hoping I can get some help. I've tried researching and fixing this on my own but the problem keeps happening. My computer will (seemingly randomly) crash after sitting idle for several minutes. It goes to a blue screen and will produce a...
  7. Computer Locks Up After Being Idle

Computer Locks Up After Being Idle: If I leave my PC idle for some time (not asleep) when I go back to it it's very slow The cursor movement is extremely laggy and I hear a beeping sound with every click (and the clicks do not register). I have to restart the PC, which is incredibly tedious. This happens very...
  8. computer hangs at POST

computer hangs at POST: my pc hangs at startup at post screen it has now happened for second time what to do I have already tried changing ssd sata cable also changed psu cable that connects ssd what else should I do step by step?...
  9. Auto Shutdown Computer after idle period

in Windows 10 Support
    Auto Shutdown Computer after idle period: I need some help in creating a task in Task Manager that will automatically force stop programs and shut down the computer after it has been idle for one hour. I have created a task that will shut down at a specific time, but I need something that can run multiple times...
  10. Computer freezes on post

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer freezes on post: It sometimes (not always) happens when I need to change a UEFI setting. When it's happening the screen turns black and the computer tries to reboot. Note that the computer does not crash to the point of a memory dump. When this happens I have to keep trying to reboot and...