Windows 10: Computer does not "see" my Sandisk MicroSD card

Discus and support Computer does not "see" my Sandisk MicroSD card in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I need to format a MicroSD card for a trail camera. It specifies a class 10 card and recommends 32mb. I got a Sandisk Ultra with a standard-size SD... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Judy in Texas, May 20, 2020.

1. Computer does not "see" my Sandisk MicroSD card

I need to format a MicroSD card for a trail camera. It specifies a class 10 card and recommends 32mb. I got a Sandisk Ultra with a standard-size SD card adapter. Instead of Class 10 it says the speed is "up to 98MB/s". My computer is an HPZ800 that was given a new role with me 4 years ago as a desktop. A multicard reader was added when I had the computer set up for me in the shop.

I inserted the Micro card into the adapter with the label up (showing the same side as the label on the adapter). There is a groove in it just at the edge of the holder, right where my fingernail goes to take it out, so I'm pretty sure I got it in right, and the holder inserted just fine into the multicard adapter on the computer. I don't remember if I have ever used a Microcard before, but the adapter has no problem with regular SD cards, and the ones I have been using in it for the past few years are regular-size 32 GB class 10 (for my 11 year old video camera).

When I insert the card into the adapter a red light comes on. I tried removing and reinserting the card in the adapter, and doing the same with the adapter in the reader.

The computer does not see that there is anything in the drive.

I am asking you because my google search of this issue turned up many offers of a third-party solution, and it seemed unlikely that I should go that way.

Is my problem that this card is an Ultra, or is too fast, and my 4-year-old (unbranded) adapter can't read it?

If this is the case, the card is probably too new for the game camera too, as we just bought it but it was first sold 8 or 9 years ago.

So, if I need a class 10 card that is not an Ultra, what do I look for? From Sandisk I see Ultra and Extreme. When I search Sandisk SDHC on Amazon I get Ultras.

Or, am I headed down the wrong path?

:)

Judy in Texas, May 20, 2020
  2. EdTittel Win User

SanDisk announced 400GB MicroSD card for $250

Shoot! It wasn't all that long ago that a 128 GB MicroSD card cost about that much. I wonder how they arrived at 400GB as the size for that media card? And I wonder what size will show up for it in File Explorer? I'm guessing it will be 372 GB or thereabouts, as calculated here:

Computer does not "see" my Sandisk MicroSD card [​IMG]

Computer does not "see" my Sandisk MicroSD card [​IMG]

I don't really need a microSD that big (or expensive) so somebody else will have to follow up on this!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, May 20, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
  4. Mac-1111 Win User

Computer does not "see" my Sandisk MicroSD card

Which MicroSD card woks fine for Nokia Lumia 1320?

Which MicroSD card woks fine for Nokia Lumia 1320?

• SanDisk MicroSD Card 32 GB Class 4 HC
    or

• SanDisk MicroSD Card 32 GB Class 10 Ultra HC1

Mac-1111, May 20, 2020
Thema:

Computer does not "see" my Sandisk MicroSD card

1. Computer does not "see" my Sandisk MicroSD card - Similar Threads - Computer does Sandisk

2. Format microSD card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Format microSD card: I tried to format a SanDisk microSD 64 GB card using File explorer without success.The card name could not be changed.The card could not be formatted regardless quick or full.All folders and files could be deleted except some files in 2 folders. However, about two dozen files...
  3. Format microSD card

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Format microSD card: I tried to format a SanDisk microSD 64 GB card using File explorer without success.The card name could not be changed.The card could not be formatted regardless quick or full.All folders and files could be deleted except some files in 2 folders. However, about two dozen files...
  4. SanDisk microSD 1TB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SanDisk microSD 1TB: hello I have a new microSD 1TB from SanDiskmy PC recognized it when it was plugged in for the first time, there were problems with formatting.Now all of a sudden it is not recognized anymore windows 10Can someone help me please...
  5. SanDisk microSD 1TB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SanDisk microSD 1TB: hello I have a new microSD 1TB from SanDiskmy PC recognized it when it was plugged in for the first time, there were problems with formatting.Now all of a sudden it is not recognized anymore windows 10Can someone help me please...
  6. SanDisk microSD 1TB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. how to format a MicroSD card?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to format a MicroSD card?: I bought a MicroSD card for my doorbell camera and the unit says the disc needs to be formatted. I knew how to do this 20 years ago, but not anymore :- https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-format-a-microsd-card/eea89181-bc42-4033-9b5e-bf45de1d459b
  8. unable read microsd card

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable read microsd card: when i insert the microsd card using the adapter i get the following error. I receive this on windows 10 as well as windows 11.The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 1 PDO name: \Device\000000ec was retried.Event ID : 153source: disk...
  9. unable read microsd card

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable read microsd card: when i insert the microsd card using the adapter i get the following error. I receive this on windows 10 as well as windows 11.The IO operation at logical block address 0x0 for Disk 1 PDO name: \Device\000000ec was retried.Event ID : 153source: disk...
  10. SanDisk announced 400GB MicroSD card for $250

in Windows 10 News
    SanDisk announced 400GB MicroSD card for $250: BERLIN, August 31, 2017 – Western Digital Corporation (NASDAQ: WDC), a global data storage technology and solutions leader, today announced its 400GB* SanDisk Ultra® microSDXC™ UHS-I card, the world’s highest-capacity microSD card for use in mobile devices. Two years after...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sandisk micro sd card driver windows 10