Windows 10: Computer does not turn off after shutting down

Discus and support Computer does not turn off after shutting down in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Dell Optiplex 780, had Windows 7 64-bit, upgraded to Windows 10 via the free upgrade. Now every time I tell Windows 10 to shut down, it does the shut... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ornithophilia, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Computer does not turn off after shutting down

Dell Optiplex 780, had Windows 7 64-bit, upgraded to Windows 10 via the free upgrade. Now every time I tell Windows 10 to shut down, it does the shut down sequence but the computer itself remains on. The power light is on and the computer itself is running. The Only way to completely shut it off is to hold the power button to completely power it off. This was not a problem with Windows 7. Any ideas on what is wrong or a fix?

:)

Ornithophilia, Jun 2, 2016

2. Windows 10 starts itself after shut down

Original title: windows 10 starts my computer after shut down

Hello,

I have been having a problem with my pc starting itself after shut down. I use the Windows Key-Power-Shut Down button to shut down my computer, but a few hours after I shut it off, it turns itself back on. It is really annoying when I am trying to sleep
    and my pc turns itself on and fills my room with light. Is there a way to make it stop doing this? Also, why does it do this?

Thank you

damianmasters805, Jun 2, 2016
  3. Laptop Automatically Turns On when Openning Lid after SHUTDOWN

when I Open the Lid of My Laptop , it automatically turns on ,This happens while I shut it down each time , via start menu, but does not happen when my laptop has been shut down by other programs, like the option download managers have , that shuts down
    the computer after completion of downloads, how can I turn this feature off??

AliTaghavi, Jun 2, 2016
  4. philc43 Win User

Computer does not turn off after shutting down

It is likely that your system is doing a hybrid shutdown and it fails. You can try a full shutdown by holding down the shift key when you click on Shutdown or to permanently remove the hybrid shutdown you can turn off Fast Start-up in the power options:

Computer does not turn off after shutting down [​IMG]

philc43, Jun 2, 2016
  5. If disabling Fast Start-Up doesn't solve the issue, try updating your Intel Management Engine drivers, or changing the option in Device Manager for Intel Management Engine below:

Computer does not turn off after shutting down [​IMG]

DeaconFrost, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Computer does not turn off after shutting down

1. Computer does not turn off after shutting down - Similar Threads - Computer does turn

2. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off: My pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off.Ive reseated the ram ive reset the cmos battery and it doesent seem to be a overheating issue as my cpu and gpu seem to be a normal temperature its also not a malware as ive swapped ssds and still does the same thing.someone...
  3. My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off: My pc shuts down after 5min then turns on and off.Ive reseated the ram ive reset the cmos battery and it doesent seem to be a overheating issue as my cpu and gpu seem to be a normal temperature its also not a malware as ive swapped ssds and still does the same thing.someone...
  4. PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC Won't Turn Off after Clicking "Shut down": My PC suddenly stopped turning off after I click on "Shut Down" on the Windows menu. Apps close, the screen goes dark, but my PC keeps running - for hours. The only way I can do a full power off is by depressing the power button for 5 - 10 seconds. Interstingly, the PC will...
  5. Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer turns on immediately after sleep and shut down: I've been having this issue for a while now, so I don't really remember what is the start of it. But whenever I turn off or put my computer in sleep mode, it turns right back on. I've actually just got done doing a complete system reset on my pc, but still having the same...
  6. PC Does Not Turn Off With "Shut Down" in Start Menu

PC Does Not Turn Off With "Shut Down" in Start Menu: Whenever I try to turn off my PC with the "Shut Down" feature in the start menu, my PC says shutting down and the screen goes black but the fans and lights are still on. I have to manually turn off my PC every time using the power button. Restarting works perfectly fine. I've...
  7. Computer shuts off then will turn on right after

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer shuts off then will turn on right after: Hi, I recently upgraded my computer. I replaced all parts except my GPU and the case. The issue I have is my computer will shut off and turn back on. I did the rebuild about 3 weeks ago. There are days where it won't shut down at all, then there are times it will shut off...
  8. Computer turning off after shut down

Computer turning off after shut down: My computer first wouldn't come on now it turns on after shut down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-turning-off-after-shut-down/d576c75f-55d2-44e8-bfde-1cc69a3f9b52
  9. shut down does not turn off fan / laptop

shut down does not turn off fan / laptop: I have Samsung laptop intel core i3 with windows 7 pro installed a week ago shut down does not turn off my pc completely and it need to turn it off manually by pressing the power button continuously and could not find any solutions. recently I have upgraded windows to...
  10. Turn off power strip after computer shut down

Turn off power strip after computer shut down: Hi, I posted earlier. I have a Dell Inspiron 3670 with Windows 10. When I turn off the computer (hit windows logo, hit the power button, hit shut down) after the computer screen is off (screen black) the power light stays on and the small light indicating internal hard...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. HOW DO I FIX THE COMPUTER THAT DO NOT TURNS OFF BY SHUTTING DOWN