Windows 10: Computer does not use ram memory

Discus and support Computer does not use ram memory in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I bought a new laptop and a windows 10 home usb stick along with it. I installed windows 10 64 bit using the stick but when i boot it up and go into my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GabiS2001, Feb 13, 2020.

1. GabiS2001 Win User

Computer does not use ram memory

I bought a new laptop and a windows 10 home usb stick along with it. I installed windows 10 64 bit using the stick but when i boot it up and go into my computer i have just a C drive with 400 and something gbs. I have 16 gb ram that are visable when i go to about tab. The laptop also has a 512 gb SSD. When i form the partitions in the windows installer, i just get that 400 and something gb, nothing more. I tried formating the partitions 3 times and every time i get just that 400 gbs, the ram memory does not show up.

:)

GabiS2001, Feb 13, 2020
  2. Je_mezu24 Win User

Windows 10 & Problems With System and Compressed Memory Taking Up All Of The Computer's RAM

Ive also already ran the Memory Diagnostic Tool hundreds to thousands of times every time System and Compressed Memory is shown to be using all of my computer's RAM/Memory and it too has stated that there are no problems with my computer's Memory/RAM either.
    I've also ran it after many restarts to clear up System and Compressed Memory so that it isn't using all of my computer's Memory/RAM until the next time it does it again and again. It's always after a few hours of use with the computer and it doesn't matter
    if anything is being used or if the computer is idle. It is even worse directly after waking the computer up from it going to Windows 10's login screen or should I say the pictured (screensaver) screen.

I can easily post a screenshot taken with my iPad of the fact that the Memory Diagnostic Tool shows that there is no memory problems whatsoever either!

Je_mezu24, Feb 13, 2020
  3. Issues with total memory size of dedicated available RAM

Hello Gevorg,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community an we regret for the inconvenience.

From the description provided, I understand that the motherboard you are using has 4 DIMM slots which supports up to 8 GB of dedicated RAM.

To be able to understand the issue better. let us know how are you viewing the total memory size of dedicated available RAM in your PC.

Now, in one case, if you are using more than one module of RAM, and the frequencies at which they operate are not the same. There will be two outcomes:

• The modules will conflict in terms of DIMM frequencies and it will declare memory failure.
    • Instead of downclocking one or more RAM/s, the motherboard will reject the ones from being accepted.

In order to ascertain if the hardware is correctly configured, I suggest you to check the system information in the BIOS settings. Refer to the manufacturer provided manual to know more about on how to access the BIOS settings.

In another scenario, your computer may also be allocating part of your RAM to other hardware modules, such as your network hardware.

As a secondary workout, I suggest you to increase the Virtual Memory and check if it helps. Follow the steps below.

• Click Windows key + R to open the RUN command utility and type
      msconfig.exe, then press ENTER.

• Click on Boot option and select advanced options.

• Check the maximum memory box and change the value accordingly.

• Click on Apply and Ok to save changes and click Restart the computer.

Hope the above information is helpful.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Feb 13, 2020
  4. Computer does not use ram memory

HP stream wont update windows 10 , not enough memory

Hello,

To better assist you, we suggest that you check the RAM of your computer and the memory usage by following the steps provided below:

• Open Task Manager.
    • Click on More details.
    • Click on the Performance tab.
    • Click on Memory.

Update us with the result.

Thank you.

Stephanie Sal, Feb 13, 2020
Thema:

Computer does not use ram memory

1. Computer does not use ram memory - Similar Threads - Computer does ram

2. In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.: My compressed ram keeps increasing to use all of my ram. When I restart, it my computer works for a while then becomes unusable. I have had ram issues in the past bluescreens, crashing, pc shutting down without warning but I replaced my motherboard and RAM which seemed to...
  3. In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In use Compressed Memory using all of my ram.: My compressed ram keeps increasing to use all of my ram. When I restart, it my computer works for a while then becomes unusable. I have had ram issues in the past bluescreens, crashing, pc shutting down without warning but I replaced my motherboard and RAM which seemed to...
  4. Computer is using 90% of RAM 48 GB total with few apps in use and the RAM usage sum does...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is using 90% of RAM 48 GB total with few apps in use and the RAM usage sum does...: My PC is consuming 90% RAM and I don't know why.I only have a few browser tabs opened and some other applications that don't consume much memory.I'd say the code running on VS Code is not a problem too basic NestJS app, since this happened other times when I was only browsing...
  5. my pc uses alot of memory and ram

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my pc uses alot of memory and ram: Hello, i have an issue my pc uses alot of memory and ram while i dont have anything on and in the background apps everything is off and startup i only have Update.Github on why does it, use alot of memory and ram background apps dont use that much...
  6. Out of Memory - Programs using Virtual Memory but not that much on RAM...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Out of Memory - Programs using Virtual Memory but not that much on RAM...: Recently (less than two weeks ago - suspiciously after the update to Windows 2004), my 16gb Windows 10 machine is throwing "Out of Memory" errors, specially in games - even if they are something like a 2D platformer: after a while I get the events 2004 and 26 (both regarding...
  7. RAM Memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RAM Memory: Why my setup says that I have 8,00 GB RAM memory but shows that just 6,93 GB is usable? How to fix it? [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ram-memory/6eec79ea-1b95-4395-bdcd-b9d91524dd03
  8. my computer is using 80% of RAM memory with no reason

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my computer is using 80% of RAM memory with no reason: [ATTACH] I have an i59400f GTX1660TI with 8gbRAM. I saw that in desktop with no apps openned my RAM is going up to 80%. so i go to see the services and i saw this, i know that is an w10 hoster, but theese all services are necessary ?????...
  9. Memory uses too much RAM?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Memory uses too much RAM?: Howdy, I still have the problem that my memory is used 85% of the time even though I don't have anything on. I was using Process Explorer and lo and behold, my system and the registry are using way too much RAM! How can I eliminate this problem? With kind regards...
  10. computer not using memory

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    computer not using memory: I have 12 gbs of memory installed on my computer. my computer specs recognizes all 12 gbs but windows 10 only uses 4 gbs. is there anyone who knows how to correct this problem....