Windows 10: Computer does not wake up normally only after second sleep

Discus and support Computer does not wake up normally only after second sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hi, I have a new laptop Mechrevo Code 01 R7 and the following issue has been bugging me - after turning on the computer, if I put it to sleep, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by WylanWong, Oct 5, 2020.

1. WylanWong Win User

Computer does not wake up normally only after second sleep

Hi,

I have a new laptop Mechrevo Code 01 R7 and the following issue has been bugging me - after turning on the computer, if I put it to sleep, it wakes up normally. Then when I put it back to sleep again either right away or in an hour, the computer does not wake up normally and I must hard restart. A few observations:

• After the first sleep, I can wake it up with touchpad, mouse, or keyboard. After the second sleep, the keyboard back light, optical mouse, and cooling fans turn on as expected, but the display does not. Caps lock key does not function. It did not work to press the sleep keys Fn + f2, Esc, power, or any key for that matter.

• When I put the computer to sleep for the second time, the screen flashes briefly into the screen protector picture before turning off. This does not happen when I put it to sleep for the first time.

• Unlike sleep, hibernation works fine. Hibernation also "resets the count" before the computer fails to wake from sleep, i.e. if I put it to sleep, then wake and hibernate, followed by waking and sleeping, the computer can wake up normally.

• I have tried everything I could find online so far, as well as resetting the computer to factory settings, to no avail.

For now my workaround is to always use hibernation instead of sleep. It would, however, be nice if I could use sleep for a quick break and not have to hibernate every time I walk away. Thanks fo your help in advance.

Wylan

:)

WylanWong, Oct 5, 2020
  2. John Sarc Win User

computer wake-up after sleep

Hi Bill,

There's a possibility that the settings that enables your Space bar to wake your computer up from sleep was reset after updating Windows. If this what had happened, we suggest that you just re-set it up. See the steps below on how to do
    so:

• Press Windows key and type keyboard in.
    • Click on Keyboard option and a pop-up windows should show up.
    • From there, go to > Hardware tab > Properties >
      Change settings > Power management > Allow this device to wake the computer >
      OK/Apply.

Try the if the steps did work and let us know any updates.

John Sarc, Oct 5, 2020
  3. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Oct 5, 2020
  4. KJcam Win User

Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

just got home. Put my computer to sleep and it woke up in about 30 seconds. running the lastwake command still shows the unknown culprit. However, a whole list has appeared in event finder, what do you make of this? Seems to be something with the power supply if i had to take a guess
    Computer does not wake up normally only after second sleep [​IMG]

KJcam, Oct 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer does not wake up normally only after second sleep - Similar Threads - Computer does wake

2. Second monitor not waking up from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Second monitor not waking up from sleep: Hey there,I have a problem with my dual monitor setup and the problem is that my second monitors seems to have a problem with waking up from sleep mode. Primary monitor doesn't have this issue, which makes me kinda confused.The monitors are use Asus ProArt PA278QV, they both...
  3. Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep

Computer Doesn't Wake up after Sleep: I don't know why but every time my computer goes to sleep or when I manually place it into sleep mode, it just doesn't wake up. The light on the tower turns on and fans are on, just nothing is displayed on the monitor. Every time this happens I end up having to press the...
  4. Computer won't wake up after sleep

Computer won't wake up after sleep: This is actually an answer, not a question. I've been dealing with this problem for many months. I'd set my Acer Aspire E5-576 to go to sleep under certain conditions, and for a while that worked fine. Then after a gigantic Wndows update, it no longer worked. The computer...
  5. PIN used in waking up computer after sleep

PIN used in waking up computer after sleep: Many times I use the sleep mode when not using my computer. When I try to wake it up I get the following: Pin not available Error code 0x8009002d I can get back in using my password. When I initially start up the computer the PIN works. I usually disconnect from the...
  6. Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual Monitor Does Not Wake Up After Sleep: You have closed the thread without providing the solution to this problem. I have a HP laptop with Radeon up-to-date graphic card and AOC monitor with up-to-date driver. They are connected over HDMI. Problem occurs sometimes usually after several sleep-wakeup actions and if I...
  7. When the computer wakes up from sleep Only for the sleep caused by idling, It does not seem...

When the computer wakes up from sleep Only for the sleep caused by idling, It does not seem...: Sequence of events to replicate this: Let the PC idle for 30 minutes -> It goes into a sleep mode. Wake it up Either by keyboard/mouse/power button...etc At this point, clicking windows button/Trying to open task manager/Try to open any executable apps chrome, file...
  8. Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Computer not waking up after sleep (urgent): After an update a couple of weeks ago after the computer goes to sleep in it's own, it won't wake up or even turn the screen on unless I force restart it. It's very inconvenient because I've already lost some work after leaving it for a few minutes and it not turning on. Plus...
  9. Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer wakes up seconds after it enters sleep mode.: Recently, whenever I put my computer into sleep mode it will turn on shortly after. Most times, I can hear my computer turn on as I am walking away. I know there may be similar posts, but none of them have solved my specific problem. I have already disabled the LAN setting...
  10. Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 does not wake up after sleep: Hello, i have a problem with my Win10 system 1607 Ver When the system goes sleep, my keyboard and mouse got disabled but the power lights still works, so i need to push the restart or shutdown button to restart the system to make the wake up. How can i make that the...