Windows 10: Computer does things on its own

Discus and support Computer does things on its own in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, when I try to login to windows, the computer keys in its own keys, or it won't always let me punch in the numbers required to login. Once I do... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarcGagnon3, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Computer does things on its own

Hello, when I try to login to windows, the computer keys in its own keys, or it won't always let me punch in the numbers required to login.

Once I do finally log in, it is like I am continually hitting the tab key as the icons on my task bar get highlighted quickly and continuously until I hit the escape key, it will resume again after a few seconds.

In Word, I will have the a continuous stream of tab actions until I hit escape or it will punch the number 9 without stop. I did a search online and came up with no results as I am really unable to explain the crazy things its doing. Virus scanners, Malware scanners have come up with nothing. As I type this the number nine streaks across the this box or it just tabs. Very frustrating. Hope someone has a clue on a fix. Thanks.

:)

MarcGagnon3, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Anne Fuj Win User

is this a bad thing

Hi Richard,

This can be caused by several reasons. One of these reasons could be related to the devices connected to your computer. For us to diagnose what is causing this issue, we would like to know the following information:

• Have you made any changes to the computer recently?
      Recently installed any software or updates?
    • What were you doing before getting the error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the hardware troubleshooter.
    This is an automated tool which will check the hardware connected to the computer for any known issues with it and provides the details on how to fix them.
    Follow these steps:

• Press Windows key to get the Start menu.
    • Type Troubleshooting in the search box right up corner and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on View all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Devices options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware Troubleshooter.

Update us with the result so we can further assist you.

Anne Fuj, Sep 8, 2019
  3. swat354 Win User
    Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Sep 8, 2019
  4. Aquinus Win User

Computer does things on its own

Does this computer build have compatibility problems? Opinions welcomed!

Lets start with what you're going to use this computer for, not what you want to put in it.

Rules/steps to building a computer (in chronological order):
    First rule: Determine what your needs are.
    Second rule: Define your budget.
    Third rule: Pick parts.
    Fourth rule: Review parts several times.
    Fifth rule: Buy said parts.
    Sixth rule: Build it.

You are on rule/step 1. Go through the list until you're done.

Aquinus, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

Computer does things on its own

1. Computer does things on its own - Similar Threads - Computer does things

2. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  3. Computer is restarting on its own

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer is restarting on its own: My pc has been restarting on its own around 5–10 minutes after starting up. 99% of the time, there will not be a BSOD. The pc will NOT restart if a game is running. The way I keep my PC alive is by having a game running in the background at all times. I have removed all video...
  4. Does it resolve on its own

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Does it resolve on its own: I accidentally added my school account to my PC and I did disconnected it, but however, my PC and some settings is still being controlled by my school, like the PIN settings and windows defender, even though I had disconnected my school account from my PC. So does the...
  5. Does it resolve on its own

Does it resolve on its own: I accidentally added my school account to my PC and I did disconnected it, but however, my PC and some settings is still being controlled by my school, like the PIN settings and windows defender, even though I had disconnected my school account from my PC. So does the...
  6. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing: I have an HP Envy Laptop 17-aeOxx The keyboard has started acting up recently. When I am typing a word or a section suddenly highlights and deletes before I notice it. So the next letter I type deletes the highlighted area. Sometimes the cursor jumps to another row and...
  7. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing: I have an HP Envy Laptop 17-aeOxx The keyboard has started acting up recently. When I am typing a word or a section suddenly highlights and deletes before I notice it. So the next letter I type deletes the highlighted area. Sometimes the cursor jumps to another row and...
  8. Keyboard suddenly doing its own thing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Computer launching things on its own

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer launching things on its own: So I was writing some music in my music program, and Windows randomly started a program Virtualbox on its own. I don't have anything scheduled or set to autorun. I've seen it do this before also. Is it someone who has hacked me maybe? I am not sure what might be causing it....
  10. Things opening on its own

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Things opening on its own: Hi Guys! I am very disturbed by a strange problem which has started just a few days back. The things on my display are opening on it's own and it doesn't stop after one instance. I have disabled the touchpad and there's no external mouse connected. But still things on the...