Windows 10: computer doesn't accept password unable to get past the signin page

Discus and support computer doesn't accept password unable to get past the signin page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had the computer off for several days. I turned it on this afternoon and when it came to page for my password, I froze and tried to think what it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GeriBusch1, Aug 4, 2018.

1. computer doesn't accept password unable to get past the signin page

I had the computer off for several days. I turned it on this afternoon and when it came to page for my password, I froze and tried to think what it was since i don't need to sign in with one on my laptop. I finally put in password and it kept saying it was the wrong password. I tried it several times and then I tried several other ones I have used. Then I went to my laptop and changed my microsoft password. It still won't accept it. Talked with chat tech and really didn't get any answers. I have unplugged computer and restarted it many times. Any suggestions to solving this problem without having to wipe all programs out and reinstall everything?

:)

GeriBusch1, Aug 4, 2018

2. Changed my Microsoft account password but windows login keeps accepting old password

Hi,

I have a Microsoft account (to be specific, it's a Passport account. I created it with a gmail account) and I recently changed my password and activated two-step verification with Microsoft Authenticator app.

The new password works perfectly in any web page, but doesn´t work when I try to login in my notebook. Windows login keeps accepting old password, and doesn´t accept the new one.

Am I doing something wrong or this is some kind of bug?

Thanks.

Axel Salomon, Aug 4, 2018
  3. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Aug 4, 2018
  4. CyrrusV Win User

computer doesn't accept password unable to get past the signin page

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Aug 4, 2018
Thema:

computer doesn't accept password unable to get past the signin page

1. computer doesn't accept password unable to get past the signin page - Similar Threads - computer doesn't accept

2. Clock Signin doesn't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clock Signin doesn't work: When choosing "Sign In", I select my Microsoft account, after which it sends me back to the main page of the Clock app, but the signin doesn't complete, it's just stuck in an endless loading circle, so it's impossible to sync the tasks from ToDo. Tried methods:Sign out & sign...
  3. My laptop doesn't accept my password

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My laptop doesn't accept my password: My laptop suddenly become unresponsive so I forcely shut down my laptop and open it again. But then when I entered my password, it says that "The password is incorrect. Try again." I have checked several times if I entered it correctly but it still incorrect. I am very sure...
  4. Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to get past create pin page on new laptop: We have been trying over 3 days now to set up our new laptop but get stuck on just a moment when we click the create a pin page. We've turned it on and off, we've left it for nearly half a day and we've turned the device off overnight, nothing works. There's no option to skip...
  5. Unable to signin to WLM

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to signin to WLM: I cannot singin to my Windows Live Mail . I continue to get a popup that reads To help protect your Online Id account you must signin again. Regardless of the times I attempt, this continues to block me out....
  6. Magnification/pixelation of signin page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Magnification/pixelation of signin page: On my Lenovo ideapad 310, the lock screen image is all good but the login page which uses the same image is extremely blurry and appears grossly over magnified as does the few pieces of lettering and other things on the page, I have tried to reduce the magnification by...
  7. Not getting past log in page

in Windows 10 Support
    Not getting past log in page: Hi, My wife has a reconditioned Fujitsu server with Windows 10 instaled, it has been working okay until we switched it on this morning. It runs okay up to the login screen, when she logs in it goes to a black screen with a white arrow and stays like that. If I do a ctr, alt,...
  8. Cannot get past first page

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Cannot get past first page: When I turn my computer on, it will not allow the camera to see me and automatically sign me in. How do I make the camera see me? I probably have a password, but I cannot recall it. Can I access the password so I can write it down. I have tried to guess the password,...
  9. unable to get past administratior password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to get past administratior password: A friend of mine gave me back a computer that i purchased for her a few years ago. I did not use it until the other day and found that i cannot upgrade or delete any programs due to my not having her admin password. Unfortunately, she recently passed away. How do i...
  10. Can't get past sign in page when computer is sleeping

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't get past sign in page when computer is sleeping: Following the last updates I can no longer get my computer to wake up without shutting it off and restarting it. Why? Thank you so much you folks are so helpful to a Nana that knows so little about computers. 20159