Windows 10: Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken

Discus and support Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What I've done so far: Allow computer to sleep [ATTACH] Checked power requests [ATTACH] But there is no corresponding Windows Update service... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tententwenty, Nov 2, 2020.

1. Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken

What I've done so far:

Allow computer to sleep

Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken U01hDAE.png

Checked power requests

Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken aAWcSiS.png

But there is no corresponding Windows Update service (USOSvc) in Task Manager Services.

Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken ZaUM2c8.png

What else can I do?

Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken [​IMG]

:)

tententwenty, Nov 2, 2020
  2. antzshrek Win User

Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Nov 2, 2020
  3. CyrrusV Win User
    hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Nov 2, 2020
  4. bruinator Win User

Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken

steps taken for infected Pc's.

I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected.

thx

bruinator, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken

1. Computer doesn't auto-sleep regardless of troubleshooting steps taken - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't auto

2. WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR multiple BSOD - troubleshooting steps taken and crashdumps included

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR multiple BSOD - troubleshooting steps taken and crashdumps included: I have been experiencing system instability for a few weeks now. My desktop PC would start giving bluescreen crash reports more and more frequently. I started with a reinstall of windows but this did not fix the issue. I then started to run diagnostics and troubleshooting...
  3. War Story: The reason for troubleshooting step-by-step

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    War Story: The reason for troubleshooting step-by-step: OK then, here comes a recent war story/lesson learned. Mid-week last week my right-hand Dell 2717D monitor started flickering on me. I've got it up on my desk, connected to my 1070 GTX graphics card with a miniDP to DP cable from monitor to GPU. I have occasionally kicked...
  4. Computer doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn't go to sleep: Greetings, My computer is no longer going to sleep by itself. I can force it to sleep by clicking Start > Power > Sleep, but I would like to find why sleep mode is no longer working and fix it. I ran System File Checker. It said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt...
  5. New PC build BSODs, taken all troubleshooting steps I could find

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    New PC build BSODs, taken all troubleshooting steps I could find: I've recently just put together my first PC but I have been getting lots of crashes and BSODs. The crashes seem to come when I am playing audio or video, but that's the only connection I can see. I've spent hours researching online and troubleshooting the BSOD codes, but they...
  6. steps taken for infected Pc's.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    steps taken for infected Pc's.: I was hoping someone could give me a list of step by step instructions you use as a guide to clean virus, malware...etc. so I can keep my PC clean if it gets infected. thx 40829
  7. Steps taken for a clean PC

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Steps taken for a clean PC: Hi Guys, I was just wondering what steps you take to keep your PC's running smooth, fast, virus and malware free whether it is on a daily, weekly, monthly to yearly basis. Please write done all steps even if it is from command line or software. I greatly appreciate it....
  8. Computer does't go to auto-sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer does't go to auto-sleep: Hi, A trick has been proposed on this forum to solve that problem : powercfg -requestsoverride DRIVER "srvnet" SYSTEM on an admin command line. My question : what would be the command line that restore the srvnet driver in case the trick is not totally operational?...
  9. Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Login - Further Troubleshooting Steps?: I installed this week's cumulative update today and all was fine. I then used the TAKEOWN command on the windows.old folder left over from the Anniversary Update I did a while ago to remove one residual file (which is already in the main windows folder). I couldn't delete it...
  10. Computer doesn't go to sleep!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't go to sleep!: Hi! My computer doesn't go to sleep. My monitor turn off as i want but the pc not rather, i notice that power consumption pass from 24W to 27-30W. Therefore i use Windows Performance analyzer and i find that after 100s, the process "logonUI.exe" start and use 2/3% of my...