Windows 10: Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network

Discus and support Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi,Really need your help here,Windows doesn't recognize the 5Ghz network in my homeFirst of all the layout:- My network is via Linksys Velop.- The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EranEssinger, Nov 25, 2021.

1. Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network

Hi,Really need your help here,Windows doesn't recognize the 5Ghz network in my homeFirst of all the layout:- My network is via Linksys Velop.- The Computer is a Lenovo Laptop equipped with Windows 10 Pro - 21H2 that's connected via an Edimax 1200ac usb dongle.The problem:- Every other device in my home that supports 5Ghz, is connected and working properly except this Laptop.- This Laptop can recognize and connect properly to every 5Ghz network except the home one.Already tried replacing the dongle with a brand new Neatgear one, didn't help. Tried resetting the router/Laptop, disable firewall

:)

EranEssinger, Nov 25, 2021
  2. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Nov 25, 2021
  3. Maglil Win User
    5GHz Network suddenly dissapeared from Desktop Computer

Hello, i have a wireless connection on my desktop computer, and i've always used the 5GHz connection, but when i started it this morning, i couldnt find my own 5GHz connection, but i can see my 2,4GHz and other 5Ghz networks.

I've tried changing alot of settings on both my computer and router with no success. It also seems like my connection is choking hard, as im only getting around 2 mbps instead of the 70-110mbps i usually get (got a 100mbps line).

List of what i've tried so far:

Computer:

Delete, update and reinstall network driver.

Router:

Factory Reset

Changed names and passwords

Changed network channels on 5GHz Network

Activated several 5GHz Networks on the same router

Tried to lock the network on different bands

Maglil, Nov 25, 2021
  4. Jackehboy Win User

Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network

Why can't I connect to 5ghz network....

Hello all! Recently I have gotten new internet and upgraded from my sad excuse of a provider.

ANYWAYS. Our modem/router is dual band and my wireless adapter that I use for my computer is dual band enabled...

Usually I wouldn't worry about it, but with everyone at home streaming netflix, phones, games all at once our internet goes to crap...

On break today I was messing with the 5ghz.. I have tried both types of security keys and am enterting them right but my computer wont connect to the 5ghz it just says problem and doesnt list anything.. BUT if i take a code off the 5ghz all together my computer connects no problems and flys with speed..

So is there something I need to do to allow my PC to connect to the 5ghz with a key? I mean I am typing it in correct... Hell I even changed the code to something easier to see if that would work!

HELP *Frown Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network :(

Jackehboy, Nov 25, 2021
Thema:

Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network

1. Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't connectrecognize

2. Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only: Hi,My computer will not connect to any 5ghz network or even find them, its as if they are not even there. Also when i connect to my dual band router it always only uses the 2.4ghz and never no matter how close I am, goes up... why is this ? my usb wifi dongle is dual band and...
  3. Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer will not use 5ghz band and will not find any network that is 5ghz only: Hi,My computer will not connect to any 5ghz network or even find them, its as if they are not even there. Also when i connect to my dual band router it always only uses the 2.4ghz and never no matter how close I am, goes up... why is this ? my usb wifi dongle is dual band and...
  4. Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network: Hi,Really need your help here,Windows doesn't recognize the 5Ghz network in my homeFirst of all the layout:- My network is via Linksys Velop.- The Computer is a Lenovo Laptop equipped with Windows 10 Pro - 21H2 that's connected via an Edimax 1200ac usb dongle.The problem:-...
  5. Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer doesn't connect\recognize the home 5Ghz network: Hi,Really need your help here,Windows doesn't recognize the 5Ghz network in my homeFirst of all the layout:- My network is via Linksys Velop.- The Computer is a Lenovo Laptop equipped with Windows 10 Pro - 21H2 that's connected via an Edimax 1200ac usb dongle.The problem:-...
  6. 5ghz networks not visible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    5ghz networks not visible: So a while back i was able to connect and use 5ghz networks but after a update i think i couldn't see or connect to 5ghz networks. I did so research to see if anyone else had the same problem but no it was just me. I also came across something saying that you need a '802.11n'...
  7. My laptop doesn't support network 5GHz

My laptop doesn't support network 5GHz: Hello, Even that I have a new laptop - Asus, it doesn't supprt 5GHz. I looked at on network adapter and it doesn't support 802.11ac. Do you have any suggestion, how to solve this problem? Best, Tahir...
  8. Connecting to 5ghz Network

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Connecting to 5ghz Network: So, I recently gota new router and one of features of the router is the ability to have a 2.4ghz band and a 5ghz band on the same SSID. The reason that this feature was appealing to me was because I just want everything connected to a single network for using devices like...
  9. 5Ghz Network Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    5Ghz Network Issue: Now I've searched online and have seen the typical response of "update the drivers" or "enable 802.11n mode" and both have been done. Now my issue is mainly that I can connect to my wifi's 2G network but not the 5G network. Here is where it gets weird. 1: Windows CAN see 5G...
  10. Home-Network doesn't work

Home-Network doesn't work: Hi, Created a home network with my desktop (WIN XP/SP3) and Notebook (WIN7/SP1). Access and Data Transfer between the 2 devices all OK. Now tried to add 2 further devices to the network using all recommended procedures for WIN 10: a) Desktop and b) Laptop, both with WIN 10...