Windows 10: Computer doesn't detect second monitor and only mirrors the first monior

Discus and support Computer doesn't detect second monitor and only mirrors the first monior in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; All my drivers are up to date "customize monitor displays" is not shown in display settings... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by OctoberxSoldier, Jul 5, 2019.

1. Computer doesn't detect second monitor and only mirrors the first monior

All my drivers are up to date

"customize monitor displays" is not shown in display settings

:)

OctoberxSoldier, Jul 5, 2019

2. Windows 10 will not detect second monitor and just mirrors the display

Hi

My son has a gaming pc with a new NVidia video card and running Windows 10 I believe and we have just purchased an ultra wide gaming monitor for his birthday.

He wishes to keep his AOC existing monitor and have 2 monitors up and running and to extend the display and not mirror.

We have connected both via HDMI using I think the term is a HDMI splitter purchased from Amazon.

We have updated the Nvidia drivers as suggested and ensured all the cables are connected but when we go to Settings and additional display it does not detect the second monitor and the display is mirrored with no option to extend.

Searched on the web for half a day with no real suggestions. I use 2 monitors at work without issue so cannot explain to him why it will not detect the 2nd display.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

RobertHellen1, Jul 5, 2019
  3. second monitor not detected

so after a windows 10 update on 11/23/17 my second monitor is not detected any more I do have a mirror image though. I have checked to see if the drivers are up to date and they are. I restored the computer back to 11/15/17 and that worked for about an
    hour then it D/L the update again and I'm back to a mirror image. also the display resolution is set for 1280x1024 but looks more like 800x600

BrianBluto, Jul 5, 2019
  4. BetoLP Win User

Computer doesn't detect second monitor and only mirrors the first monior

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Computer doesn't detect second monitor and only mirrors the first monior [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Jul 5, 2019
Thema:

Computer doesn't detect second monitor and only mirrors the first monior

1. Computer doesn't detect second monitor and only mirrors the first monior - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't detect

2. Having second monitor mirror "desktop 2" only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Having second monitor mirror "desktop 2" only: Hello! I have a second monitor that I need to be an extension of my screen. The second monitor can't display the information I have on my laptop screen, and needs its own screen. The problem is I cannot see the second monitor from where my laptop is located, so editing any...
  3. Having second monitor mirror "desktop 2" only

in Windows 10 Customization
    Having second monitor mirror "desktop 2" only: Hello! I have a second monitor that I need to be an extension of my screen. The second monitor can't display the information I have on my laptop screen, and needs its own screen. The problem is I cannot see the second monitor from where my laptop is located, so editing any...
  4. Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it: I purchased a secondmonitor to help me with work and studies, I use a VGA splitter witch goes froma VGAMale to 2 VGAFemale ports, connected both monitors, and the second monitor is mirroring the first one, I tried looking for solutions on youtube, butit didn't help that why...
  5. Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Second monitor mirroring the first monitor, but windows isn't detecting it: I purchased a second monitor to help me with work and studies, i use a VGA splitter witch goes from a VGAMale to 2 VGAFemale ports, connected both monitors and the second monitor is mirroring the first one, i tried looking for solutions on youtube, but it didin't help thats...
  6. Mirror only specific app to second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mirror only specific app to second monitor: I have a touch-enabled laptop, which projects wirelessly to a screen in my classroom via regular Windows screen mirroring. What I'd like to be able to do is, much like during online classes, select only a single window to be mirrored to the external monitor. This way I...
  7. Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.

Second Monitor is first and first(main) Monitor is second.: I have looked pretty much all Day for an answer to my question, but havent been able to find one. So the thing is, I have two monitors and I have had them for a few years. My Main monitor has always been the second monitor for whatever reason but it have never been a problem...
  8. My second monitor is not detected but still mirrors my first.

My second monitor is not detected but still mirrors my first.: My graphics card only has 1 HDMI output and I used an HDMI splitter which has two monitor extended mode support in order to get around this issue. In settings, my second monitor which is a small VIZIO TV is not detected but it is mirroring my first monitor. I have looked at...
  9. Computer not detecting the second monitor

Computer not detecting the second monitor: Hello, I have a Dell all in one desktop model- Inspiron 24 Model 3459, however, it is not detecting my second monitor. I have attempted to detect automatically as well as manually, updated the driver, uninstalled and reinstalled the driver. However, my computer is still...
  10. PC does not recognize my second monitor, and only mirrors my first monitor.

PC does not recognize my second monitor, and only mirrors my first monitor.: I have two monitors connected to my PC, one connected via HDMI and one via VGA. In display settings it is unable to detect my second monitor. The image on the second monitor is only mirroring the image on my first monitor. How can I fix this? submitted by /u/HoLeeFuk-...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. second monitor mirrors first

2. second monitor just mirrors first