Windows 10: Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update

Discus and support Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use my computer at the office with a second monitor connected through a VGA to HDMI converter. This is important for me as a Graphic Designer who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frank.chute, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update

I use my computer at the office with a second monitor connected through a VGA to HDMI converter.

This is important for me as a Graphic Designer who needs to look at various things at the same time.

Last night it was all in working order.

This morning after the Windows update on my computer the computer can no longer detect the monitor.

In fact, it seems that the HDMI port is no longer working at all because I tried to connect a different monitor with a different HDMI cable and it still could not detect it.

In Display settings I can no longer see the screen with the 1 and 2 which shows which monitors are available. The Intel graphic settings also does not detect a second computer.

I already went to the device manager and updated the drivers for my display adapters and nothing. Everything is at the latest update.

I tried rolling back the update but the option isn't available to me for some reason. Instead I uninstalled the update and nothing happened.

The update installed again when I restarted my computer.

I really need help with this. I just don't know what to do anymore! And it's really wasting my time at work spending my time to fix this silly issue.

Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update [​IMG]

Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update 2607c4f7-f3f2-4b76-8c95-e1cec28b6c91?upload=true.png

Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update [​IMG]

:)

Frank.chute, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update

keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update

1. Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't detect

2. Edge doesn't work after update

in Browsers and Email
    Edge doesn't work after update: On 12/8/18 I got an update for Windows 10. It was a feature update and now Microsoft Edge doesn't load any web pages. When I open it. I get the following error message: Unable to create content process Error Code: 0x8027025b I posted this on Microsoft forum and they said to...
  3. After the last update my printer doesn't work correctly

in Windows 10 Customization
    After the last update my printer doesn't work correctly: after the last update of Microsoft my printer doesn't work well, it stays frozen when it is printing some document, I have to restart it constantly. I need to solve this...
  4. HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI port not working: Hi there, I installed an update this morning and now my HDMI port doesn't appear to be working. I've used the VGA connection to the monitor so it's not the monitor, but I can't eliminate that it's not the HDMI cord, but I doubt it is. Can you please advise how I reverse the...
  5. Had Dual-Screen setup, Crashed during Project64, doesn't detect HDMI

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Had Dual-Screen setup, Crashed during Project64, doesn't detect HDMI: I have a dual-screen setup, my laptop screen and a monitor hooked up via HDMI. I was opening Project64, a Nintendo 64 emulator for Windows, when my system crashed and forced me to restart. Upon restarting, my computer no longer detects my monitor when I plug in my HDMI cable....
  6. HDMI doesn't work after upgrading to WIndows 10 on ASUS Laptop

HDMI doesn't work after upgrading to WIndows 10 on ASUS Laptop: Hi all, after upgrading to Windows 10, I see that my projector OPTOMA is not recognized via cable HDMI by my laptop ASUS X751L : no image with message 'source not found' !! (while the cable VGA works perfectly !) I suspected that it's a problem of driver but I don't know...
  7. Windows 10 doesn't detect my second monitor

Windows 10 doesn't detect my second monitor: I just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and now my computer only detects one display rather than two. I have a Dell desktop computer and two Dell monitors. Using Windows 7 both monitors were being detected/used. Can anyone tell me how to correct. (I'm not very...
  8. Stand-By doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stand-By doesn't work after update: I updated my Laptop to 1607, and now I can't wake up my Laptop from Stand-By anymore. I only see the Background Image, nothing else. I can not log back in. Only pressing the power button longer and a PC restart will bring it back. Does anybody else have this Problem?...
  9. Stuff doesn't work after update

in Windows 10 Support
    Stuff doesn't work after update: Windows 10 just did an update on my PC Now stuff doesn't work Can't see street level view on Google Earth. Can't play Microsoft online daily challenges. I rely on Google Earth for fishing trips. It is essential. If it is not restored I will have to abandon 10. God only knows...
  10. Computer doesn't boot after the last Insider

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't boot after the last Insider: My computer will not boot after installing the latest Insider preview. When it starts it shows Asus logo and then restarts itself, and it keeps going. I have disabled Fast boot and virtualization in Bios. Did not help. Any ideas? Thanks 104429

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what if a hdmi cable doesnt work on windows 10 computer