Windows 10: Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update

Discus and support Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use my computer at the office with a second monitor connected through a VGA to HDMI converter. This is important for me as a Graphic Designer who... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Frank.chute, Dec 4, 2018.

1. Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update

I use my computer at the office with a second monitor connected through a VGA to HDMI converter.

This is important for me as a Graphic Designer who needs to look at various things at the same time.

Last night it was all in working order.

This morning after the Windows update on my computer the computer can no longer detect the monitor.

In fact, it seems that the HDMI port is no longer working at all because I tried to connect a different monitor with a different HDMI cable and it still could not detect it.

In Display settings I can no longer see the screen with the 1 and 2 which shows which monitors are available. The Intel graphic settings also does not detect a second computer.

I already went to the device manager and updated the drivers for my display adapters and nothing. Everything is at the latest update.

I tried rolling back the update but the option isn't available to me for some reason. Instead I uninstalled the update and nothing happened.

The update installed again when I restarted my computer.

I really need help with this. I just don't know what to do anymore! And it's really wasting my time at work spending my time to fix this silly issue.

Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update [​IMG]

Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update 2607c4f7-f3f2-4b76-8c95-e1cec28b6c91?upload=true.png

Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update [​IMG]

:)

Frank.chute, Dec 4, 2018
  2. Bushka Win User

Microphone doesn`t work

My microphone and ear-phone doesn`t work. Please help me, I have windows 7 home basic, my computer reproduces a sound, but devices no.

Bushka, Dec 4, 2018
  3. Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Dec 4, 2018
  4. Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update

keyboard doesn' t working

keyboard doesn' t working, it doesn't popup on my nokia lumia 735 after I took windows 10, 10586 version. Please, help!!!

ZelenaVisnja, Dec 4, 2018
Thema:

Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update

1. Computer doesn't detect second screen and HDMI port doesn't work after last Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't detect

2. hdmi port not working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hdmi port not working after windows 10 update: Solution is to un-install the January 2024 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port-not-working-after-windows-10-update/0b531f1d-cfbf-4c4f-b4cf-5b7e586069cb
  3. hdmi port not working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hdmi port not working after windows 10 update: Solution is to un-install the January 2024 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hdmi-port-not-working-after-windows-10-update/0b531f1d-cfbf-4c4f-b4cf-5b7e586069cb
  4. hdmi port not working after windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. HDMI port not working after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDMI port not working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  6. HDMI port not working after update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HDMI port not working after update: Well, it seems that this problem still hasn't been solved after years of occurrences... After the latest Windows 10 update KB5028166, my HDMI port no longer works. I successfully uninstalled the update once, but Windows has since automatically reinstalled it, and now nothing...
  7. calculator doesn't work anymore after last update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    calculator doesn't work anymore after last update: after the last update i can't open the calculator, for someone who uses it often this is very annoying. edit: version 2004 - kb4586781 was the last update i mentioned submitted by /u/mjklsimpson [link] [comments]...
  8. after last windows update streaming doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    after last windows update streaming doesn't work: yup... I just updated to 1909 version hoping to fix several problems of the 1808... Instead, neither streaming is now working!!! Youtube, Whatsapp web videos, Spotify, Netflix... Nothing. Why?!...
  9. HDMI port not working since last update

HDMI port not working since last update: Previously I have been able to uninstall the latest update to have it working again. This time I get the error "Not all of the updates were sucessfully uninstalled" and port is not functioning. Tried uninstalling as an admin using wusa command. Did not work. Any other way...
  10. My HDMI port doesn't work after 5th December 2018 update (Win10)

My HDMI port doesn't work after 5th December 2018 update (Win10): My problem is very clear. After the 5th December 2018 upgrade, my HDMI port stopped work. I can't switch between my laptop screen to the external one. The monitor and HDMI cable works with other PCs. I was trying to upgrade and even downgrade graphics cards drivers - no...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdmi port on computer doesnt work

2. what if a hdmi cable doesnt work on windows 10 computer