Windows 10: Computer doesn't detect/use more than two screens.

Discus and support Computer doesn't detect/use more than two screens. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I recently upgraded the hardware in my computer, replacing the motherboard, CPU, PSU and case and ever since then there has been this odd... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jacob-Clarke, Sep 23, 2020.

1. Computer doesn't detect/use more than two screens.

Hello,

I recently upgraded the hardware in my computer, replacing the motherboard, CPU, PSU and case and ever since then there has been this odd issue where the computer will only accept two screen inputs at once and I cannot change which ones without a restart.

I have two monitors, a TV and a VR headset. If I was to start the computer with the TV and the two monitors on, it will only use the TV and one of the monitors it seems to choose which monitor to use randomly. The only way to get that second monitor to be detected is to turn off my TV and restart the computer. Turning off the TV and turning on the second monitor while the computer is still on doesn't work, only a restart will reset which inputs are detected/used.

This is the same for my VR headset, If I want to use it I have to turn off one of my monitors, restart the computer and blindly log in as the display does not come up on the monitor until logged in, I assume it is trying to use the VR headset like a normal monitor.

The computer with all four devices plugged in does not physically detect any more then two displays. I have checked both Display settings and Device Manager. If I was to start the computer with only the two monitors on using the first and second display ports in the graphics card and then take one of the working monitors and plug it into the third Display port, that monitor would no longer be detected. It seems to only enable two

The two monitors are plugged in via Display Port, the TV and VR headset use HDMI.

The Hardware:

Intel i9 9900KF

Z390 Aorus Elite Motherboard

Aorus RTX 2070 - NVIDIA Driver Ver. 456.38

Thermaltake GX1 700W PSU

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

Jacob-Clarke, Sep 23, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Computer doesn't detect/use more than two screens. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 23, 2020
  3. eetiz Win User
    activesync doesn`t detect my Tytn II

I tried this but nothing changed.

My system doesn`t detect Tytn II... Either Laptop not Desktop.

I do not know what to do..

eetiz, Sep 23, 2020
  4. Bagoguts Win User

Computer doesn't detect/use more than two screens.

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Sep 23, 2020
Thema:

Computer doesn't detect/use more than two screens.

1. Computer doesn't detect/use more than two screens. - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't detect

2. Game using more memory than it should

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game using more memory than it should: I can not load into my game Rust it crashes not long into loading and i checked with task manager and it seems to be getting to about 90% memory using like 15gb and i have 16gb then it crashes but while it is crashing it for about 10 seconds i cant click and my mouse is...
  3. Game using more memory than it should

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game using more memory than it should: I can not load into my game Rust it crashes not long into loading and i checked with task manager and it seems to be getting to about 90% memory using like 15gb and i have 16gb then it crashes but while it is crashing it for about 10 seconds i cant click and my mouse is...
  4. My computer is using more ram than what it shows me

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My computer is using more ram than what it shows me: Hello so i have some problems with my ram i have 16 gb of ram on 3000 Mhz and my computer is using 44% of it i had some things running but not enough for it tu use 44% of my ram i also tried closing everything but it doesen t change muchSo if anyone knows how to fix that....
  5. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  6. Email used with more than one account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email used with more than one account: Hello,Since some days, when I try to connect to answers.microsoft.com, I see a page telling me: "It looks like this email is used with more than one account from Microsoft. Which one do you want to use?".If I select the 1st choice "Work or school account", it is a failure.If...
  7. Wake computer up using ONE key rather than two or more?

in Windows 10 Support
    Wake computer up using ONE key rather than two or more?: Please note I'm not asking how to wake PC up with keyboard/mouse. I noticed on different PCs, it takes a different number of keypresses to wake the PC up. On mine, it takes at least twice on any key to wake it up. How do I force windows to recognize wake up just using any ONE...
  8. using the same iso file in more than a computers

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    using the same iso file in more than a computers: is it legal to use the same windows iso file in other computers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-the-same-iso-file-in-more-than-a-computers/63094127-e316-4572-846f-aedbf2779aba
  9. Vertically tiling more than two windows

in Windows 10 Customization
    Vertically tiling more than two windows: Hello, This question has been a long time coming for me. I really miss being able to tile windows vertically, and with all the web at my fingertips, I haven't found a way to do so in windows 10. There are some pretty cool quick snap options, but what I use the most does...
  10. More than two audio devices

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    More than two audio devices: Is it possible to have more than 2 audio devices using windows? I don't mind utilizing software to do so. Thanks! submitted by /u/InTheManVan [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i094pg/more_than_two_audio_devices/