Windows 10: Computer doesn't get an IPv4 address - Protected Management Frames are to blame

Discus and support Computer doesn't get an IPv4 address - Protected Management Frames are to blame in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have two computers, but one of them was having problems accessing OneDrive both directly and via the website. It turns out that the affected... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LironL, Sep 21, 2020.

1. LironL Win User

Computer doesn't get an IPv4 address - Protected Management Frames are to blame

I have two computers, but one of them was having problems accessing OneDrive both directly and via the website. It turns out that the affected computer was not being assigned an IPv4 address, but it was assigned an IPv6 address. The network settings were set to obtain an IP address automatically for both IPv4 and IPv6. Meanwhile, a friend of mine was having the same problem. I manged to workaround the problem by manually assigning the IPv4 address details and the DNS server details and this worked for my friend as well.

As we were both on the same ISP, I asked on the ISP community forums, and someone suggested that I turn off Protected Management Frames, which had been enabled in the ISP's router's firmware recently. That worked and I was able to get an IPv4 address when I set the network settings to obtain it automatically again.

There is something else that my friend's and my affected computer have in common. Both computers have a USB Wifi adaptor rather than built-in Wifi. I'm not sure yet whether my friend has the same brand USB adaptor.

I didn't have this problem until I updated Windows to the August Patch Tuesday update.

Is there a reason why my Wifi adaptor isn't working with protected management frames? The USB adaptor's driver is supplied by Microsoft and is from 2015, but it is the most up to date driver.

:)

LironL, Sep 21, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Computer doesn't get an IPv4 address - Protected Management Frames are to blame [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Sep 21, 2020
  3. Bagoguts Win User
    Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Sep 21, 2020
  4. CyrrusV Win User

hd6950 to hd 6970

ok
    i ve tried everything:with atiflash from dos,winflash.step by step with bios powercolor hd 6970 from the database.
    nothing,doesn´t work.any suggestion????

CyrrusV, Sep 21, 2020
Thema:

1. Computer doesn't get an IPv4 address - Protected Management Frames are to blame - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't IPv4

2. management frame protection

in Windows 10 Gaming
    management frame protection: i check on my command prompt on windows 10 with command "netsh wlan show all" to show my wireless card capabilityand i see that on protected managment frames is supported , but the question is how i configure the PMF on windows ??...
  3. management frame protection

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    management frame protection: i check on my command prompt on windows 10 with command "netsh wlan show all" to show my wireless card capabilityand i see that on protected managment frames is supported , but the question is how i configure the PMF on windows ??...
  4. management frame protection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Ping gives the wrong IPv4 address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ping gives the wrong IPv4 address: Hi. I am studying Active directory. I created a virtual lab to experiment for the couse I am studying.I am using Oracle VM 6.1 and I created 2 virtual machine. One where I installed Windows server 2019 and one wher eI installed Windows7 my laptop cannot run anything bigger...
  6. Ping gives the wrong IPv4 address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ping gives the wrong IPv4 address: Hi. I am studying Active directory. I created a virtual lab to experiment for the couse I am studying.I am using Oracle VM 6.1 and I created 2 virtual machine. One where I installed Windows server 2019 and one wher eI installed Windows7 my laptop cannot run anything bigger...
  7. Unable to get public ipv4 address on Windows 10

Unable to get public ipv4 address on Windows 10: Hi, I'm unable to get a public IPv4 address and need this for routing purposes to get access to cloud provider. For example, when I got to https://whatsmyip.com/, it only shows me an IPv6 address. It also shows "My Public IPv4:Not Detected"....and I've tried multiple...
  8. Windows not showing ethernet Ipv4 address

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows not showing ethernet Ipv4 address: I want to play minecraft on lan and i can't connect to server without ethernet Ipv4 address. I researched in cmd, it not showing. I tried and in setting of ethernet, but there also not showing address. What me do?...
  9. Disable Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address?

Disable Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address?: All the IP addresses on my home network are static, so why does IPCONFIG /ALL show the following additional IP address on the same Ethernet adapter: Autoconfiguration IPv4 Address (169.254.221.46(Preferred)?...
  10. Autoconfiguration ipv4 address

Autoconfiguration ipv4 address: I static an windows 10 pro pc IP address at my job and when I check command prompt, I still get Autoconfiguration ipv4 address 169.254.254.154 (preferred) showing instead of the IP address I assigned manually. is there a way to stop the Autoconfiguration ipv4 address?...