Windows 10: Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode

Discus and support Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My laptop is set to sleep after 10 minutes on battery and 15 minutes on mains. It does nothing of the kind. I wake up to find zero battery because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BC_752, May 8, 2022.

1. BC_752 Win User

Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode

My laptop is set to sleep after 10 minutes on battery and 15 minutes on mains. It does nothing of the kind. I wake up to find zero battery because the laptop didn't sleep at all, which wastes electricity when energy prices are sky-high. Hybrid sleep, which some sites said could be causing it if enabled, is not enabled. How do I make it sleep when the settings say it's supposed to sleep?

:)

BC_752, May 8, 2022

2. sleep mode

Hi disgruntledWC,

There could be other settings on your computer that triggers your computer to go on sleep even though the sleep settings is set to never. To ensure that the sleep and display settings are properly set, I suggest that you look into the Advanced Power Settings.
    Follow these steps:

• Open Control Panel and click Power Options.
    • On your preferred plan, click Change plan settings.
    • Click advanced power settings.
    • Expand Sleep option, and make sure to set the following:
    Sleep after : Never

Hibernate after : Never

5. Click Apply, then OK.

Please check also the screen saver option.

• Navigate to Settings > Personalization > Lock screen.
    • Click Screen saver settings.
    • Set your Screen saver to None.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, please observe if your computer still goes to sleep mode after a few minutes of inactivity.

Looking forward to your reply.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, May 8, 2022
  3. Power, Screen saver, and Sleep settings have no affect

More clues...........

After a power outage yesterday I powered up the computer but never logged in. I was surprised to see that it was asleep this morning. After logging in I checked the screen off timer, 1 minute and, the sleep timer, 2 minutes. AFTER logging out the screen went off after 1 minute and sleep mode was entered about 2 minutes after that.
    So I logged back in and waited for 10 minutes. No screen off or sleep mode. While logged in I reset the screen off timer to 15 minutes, sleep timer to 30 minutes and screen saver to 2 minutes. After 30 minutes nothing had happened. At that point I LOGGED OUT again and AFTER 15 minutes the screen went off (w/o screen saver) and AFTER 30+/- minutes the computer went into sleep mode.
    So it seems that the screen off and sleep settings in control panel work as long as no user is logged in and that the screen saver is not working either way.
    Does this make sense to anyone?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions that come my way.

Heat

Heatstroke, May 8, 2022
  4. Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode

N78 - No time display in power saver mode?

there is "power saver" and there is "sleep", you mean N78 cannot display anything in power saver mode or it defaults to sleep and has no power saver mode or it has power saver mode with no options what to display while in power saver mode

likeitlikethat, May 8, 2022
Thema:

Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode

1. Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't sleep

2. Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer doesn't go to sleep despite being in power saver mode: My laptop is set to sleep after 10 minutes on battery and 15 minutes on mains. It does nothing of the kind. I wake up to find zero battery because the laptop didn't sleep at all, which wastes electricity when energy prices are sky-high. Hybrid sleep, which some sites said...
  3. PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never: My PC is going to sleep despite power settings being set as Never/Never How can I tell what is causing the sleep and after how long? What could be causing this? 179941
  4. Screen doesn't go into sleep mode

Screen doesn't go into sleep mode: My screen doesn't go into sleep mode even though the settings are set. I tried changing settings and rebooting but screen stays on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-doesnt-go-into-sleep-mode/98d2c93d-e3a5-4bd8-be0f-79b2d6f38627
  5. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  6. Computer doesn't go to sleep

Computer doesn't go to sleep: Greetings, My computer is no longer going to sleep by itself. I can force it to sleep by clicking Start > Power > Sleep, but I would like to find why sleep mode is no longer working and fix it. I ran System File Checker. It said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt...
  7. Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode

Laptop power button doesn't go into sleep mode: In control panel, everything is set to sleep. The power button, sleep button or when I close the laptop, it is set to "sleep". Everything works fine but the power button. Fn + F4 buttons is set as the "sleep button" and it works every time I do it, also closing the laptop...
  8. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341
  9. Computer keeps going to sleep mode by itself despite settings.

Computer keeps going to sleep mode by itself despite settings.: I like Win 10! It's really great and good looking. It also performs really well and my laptop starts quite fast. Only one thing that annoys the h... out of me. The reason for this is, that sometimes my laptop just goes to sleep mode. I only have to let it be for 2 minutes...
  10. Computer doesn't go to sleep!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't go to sleep!: Hi! My computer doesn't go to sleep. My monitor turn off as i want but the pc not rather, i notice that power consumption pass from 24W to 27-30W. Therefore i use Windows Performance analyzer and i find that after 100s, the process "logonUI.exe" start and use 2/3% of my...