Windows 10: Computer doesn't have a valid IP Address

Discus and support Computer doesn't have a valid IP Address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I really need some help with figuring out what I get computer doesn't have a valid IP Address. I have tried the following: 1. ipconfig /release... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Minya, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Minya Win User

Computer doesn't have a valid IP Address

Hi, I really need some help with figuring out what I get computer doesn't have a valid IP Address. I have tried the following:

1. ipconfig /release /renew /flushdns
    2. Used the netsh int ip reset.log
    3. netsh winsock reset
    4. Reset the router
    5. Uninstalled and reinstalled the WLAN/LAN via Device Manager.
    6. Played around the ipv4 settings

Can someone please advise if I am missing something or is there something else I can try.

I look forward to people's input and suggestions.

Thanks,

:)

Minya, Oct 22, 2018

2. IP Address

Hi Will,

You might need your computer's IP address if you want to set up an Internet connection, allow other people to connect to your PC, or need to troubleshoot network problems. Kindly follow these steps to find the IP address of your computer:

• Select the Start button , start typing View network connections, and then select it in the list.
    • Select an active network connection, and then, in the toolbar, select
      View status of this connection
      . (You might need to select the chevron icon to find this command.)
    • Select Details. (Your PC's IP address appears in the
      Value
      column, next to IPv4 Address).
    Let us know whenever you need further assistance.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 22, 2018
  3. WiFi IP address in not valid

My laptop is connected to the wifi but there is no internet access when i run the windows diagnostic it is showing wifi has no valid ip address ,also i connect it through ethernet cable again same problem,invalid ip address please help me.

Vipulgarg662, Oct 22, 2018
  4. Computer doesn't have a valid IP Address

Two computers on network with same IP address

Hi Bob,

You might be getting this error because more than one computer is using the same IP address, which is resulting in a conflict. If you are setting IP addresses manually using static IP addresses, it is important to check that each
    network device has a unique IP address.

If your router automatically assigns IP addresses using DHCP, you can try releasing and renewing your computer's IP assignment by following the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Type cmd in the search box, and then press Enter.
    • At the command prompt, run the following commands in the listed order:
      • Type ipconfig /release and press Enter.
      • Type ipconfig /renew and press Enter.

We also recommend that you check your router settings for any conflicts in the DHCP settings. Additionally, check the manufacturer's website or support page for an updated driver for your router.

Update us with the outcome and if you need further assistance.

Marilou Ser, Oct 22, 2018
Thema:

Computer doesn't have a valid IP Address

1. Computer doesn't have a valid IP Address - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't valid

2. Ethernet does not have a valid ip address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Ethernet does not have a valid ip address: I'm not sure why I am getting this message. This pc is less than 4 months old and I have never had access to the ethernet. The only thing I think might be causing this issue is that my apartments requires you to register the ip of the device to connect to the wifi and...
  3. Ethernet does not have a valid ip address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Ethernet does not have a valid ip address: I'm not sure why I am getting this message. This pc is less than 4 months old and I have never had access to the ethernet. The only thing I think might be causing this issue is that my apartments requires you to register the ip of the device to connect to the wifi and...
  4. Ethernet does not have a valid ip address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. WIFI doesn’t have a valid IP address

WIFI doesn’t have a valid IP address: So i just got a new pc, i set everything up and turned it on, connected ig to the WIFI, it worked for around five mins then stopped and now i’ve trouble shot it and the message “WIFI” doesn’t have a valid IP configuration. I’ve tried all of the ways to fix it, by going into...
  6. Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP

Ethernet doesn't have a valid IP: I work from home, but lately I've been having issues with my internet dropping. I keep getting this message that the ethernet doesn't have a valid IP, but I never had this issue until anout month or so ago. What can I do to fix this? It's been making working from home very...
  7. LAN doesn't have a valid IP address

LAN doesn't have a valid IP address: Good afternoon. I'm confused. Just 2 weeks ago my computer was working. Last week I went to log in and this is my error message: "Local area Connection" doesnt have a valid IP configuration. Investigate router or broadband modem issues. Reset the "Local Area Connection"...
  8. doesn't have a valid IP configuration

doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Unable to get internet connection via LAN or WiFi. All other machines on the network connect fine. Troubleshooter shows: "Wi-Fi" doesn't have a valid IP configuration "Ethernet" doesn't have a valid IP configuration I've tried: 1. Troubleshooter (as above) 2. Reset...
  9. ethernet does not have valid IP address

ethernet does not have valid IP address: I have a W10 PC away from my main computer linked to my main wireless network by an airport express. All worked well but when I re-started after an absence of a month I could not get connected to the internet from my remote computer and had the message 'Ethernet doesn't have...
  10. Doesn't have a valid IP configuration

Doesn't have a valid IP configuration: Hello all. I've been having the above issue at different times and it is getting a bit irritating to restart the modem(router). How can I permanently fix it so that my internet can be online 24/7 without me having resetting the box? And how come it says that I have...