Windows 10: Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to

Discus and support Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; This has been happening for about a week. version is 2004 build 19041.423 powercfg -requests shows: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -requests... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by eastwind319, Aug 9, 2020.

1. Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to

This has been happening for about a week.

version is 2004 build 19041.423

powercfg -requests shows:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -requests

DISPLAY:

None.

SYSTEM:

None.

AWAYMODE:

None.

EXECUTION:

[PROCESS] \Device\HarddiskVolume4\Windows\System32\MoUsoCoreWorker.exe

USO Worker

PERFBOOST:

None.

ACTIVELOCKSCREEN:

None.

I'm not running any servers on this box I was running PLEX, but not anymore. Not sure if there's anything else that might be relevant to figuring this out. Let me know if there is and I'll check it out. Thanks

John

:)

eastwind319, Aug 9, 2020
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Computer doesn't lock upon sleep

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate the efforts taken by you in resolving this issue. I understand that the computer doesn’t prompt for a PIN/Password after waking up from sleep.

As you have already checked the Sign-in options, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps.

We can try changing the screen saver settings and check. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + I, to open
      Settings.
    2. Click on Personalization and select
      Lock screen from the left pane.
    3. Scroll down and click on Screen saver settings.
    4. Now, select the screen saver and enter a time.
    5. Ensure that the checkbox for On resume, display log on screen is selected.
    6. Click on Apply and OK.

Article for reference:
    Change your screen saver settings

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Aug 9, 2020
  3. MogZero Win User
    Computer locks up waking from sleep

Hi

My computer locks up when waking from sleep.

The power and WiFi lights come on as well as the keyboard backlight but the screen remains black. The computer doesn't respond to anything.

Pressing the power button once doesn't do anything. I have to hold the power button down for several seconds to force power off the computer.

I have run the troubleshooter and done a clean boot as described here:

waking issue after sleep windows 10

The troubleshooter doesn't find any problems and the computer still locks up after doing the clean boot.

The computer used to wake perfectly when it was running Windows 8.1. It was upgraded to Windows 10.

Any suggestions of how to diagnose / fix the problem?

My computer is a Dell XPS 17 (L702X).

MogZero, Aug 9, 2020
  4. Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to

computer doesn't go to sleep automatically

The only task in that list that is not a part of the system task is the "FreeDownloadManagerNetworkMonitor". We suggest that you end the said task by going again to the
    Task Scheduler. To do so, kindly follow these steps:

• Follow the steps that we have provided you before to display all running tasks.
    • Once all running tasks are displayed, select "FreeDownloadManagerNetworkMonitor", then click on
      End Task.

If ending its task doesn't resolve your concern, we suggest that you try to uninstall it by following the steps in this article:

Repair or remove programs in Windows 10
    . Once done, kindly check if the issue persists.

Kindly get back to us once you're done with the steps that we have provided.

Joshua Her1, Aug 9, 2020
Thema:

Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to

1. Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't lock

2. Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer: Hi all,I just upgraded computers and therefore went from Windows 10 to 11. Windows 11's "Sleep" option doesn't seem to work the same way as it used to. When I use it, the computer just powers down, but its easily accessed by myself or anyone else maliciously if they just move...
  3. Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer: Hi all,I just upgraded computers and therefore went from Windows 10 to 11. Windows 11's "Sleep" option doesn't seem to work the same way as it used to. When I use it, the computer just powers down, but its easily accessed by myself or anyone else maliciously if they just move...
  4. After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown: I have been mounting a PC and I am having some problems I don't know how to fix:When I turn it off it works good, but when I try to turn it on it doesn't show anything and it doesn't turns on. I have to foce shut down pressing the power button and then the computer starts...
  5. After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After shutting down computer it doesn't turn on unless I force shutdown: I have been mounting a PC and I am having some problems I don't know how to fix:When I turn it off it works good, but when I try to turn it on it doesn't show anything and it doesn't turns on. I have to foce shut down pressing the power button and then the computer starts...
  6. How to force computer to sleep after being locked

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to force computer to sleep after being locked: I lock my computer before I go to bed. I want it to go to sleep shortly afterwards, but it doesn't. I wake up in the morning, and it's still awake,sometimes. I have already checked `powercfg -requests`, and it's usually something different. But, it shouldn't matter what is...
  7. Bluetooth mouse doesn't work unless sleep and restart are used

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth mouse doesn't work unless sleep and restart are used: I thought my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse wasn't working at all but discovered it will work if I either restart my computer or put it into sleep mode and then wake it back up. However, the mouse will never work if I just turn on the computer and try to use it without doing some...
  8. Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?: In change what the power buttons do, I set the power button to sleep computer. But when I press it, the monitor just turns off, without locking or sleeping. submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  9. Computer doesn't lock upon sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn't lock upon sleep: I've had this issue for a while. While my computer goes to sleep, when I wake it, it doesn't prompt for pin/require Windows Hello, but instead is right back to the desktop. Locking the computer manually (Windows key + L) works and it works during a reboot, but not during a...
  10. Computer doesn't go to sleep!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't go to sleep!: Hi! My computer doesn't go to sleep. My monitor turn off as i want but the pc not rather, i notice that power consumption pass from 24W to 27-30W. Therefore i use Windows Performance analyzer and i find that after 100s, the process "logonUI.exe" start and use 2/3% of my...