Windows 10: Computer doesn't lock upon sleep

Discus and support Computer doesn't lock upon sleep in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I've had this issue for a while. While my computer goes to sleep, when I wake it, it doesn't prompt for pin/require Windows Hello, but instead is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by skun999, Nov 21, 2019.

1. skun999 Win User

Computer doesn't lock upon sleep

I've had this issue for a while. While my computer goes to sleep, when I wake it, it doesn't prompt for pin/require Windows Hello, but instead is right back to the desktop. Locking the computer manually (Windows key + L) works and it works during a reboot, but not during a sleep event. I'm running 1909, but the issue was also present on 1903. Under Settings->Accounts->Sign-in options -> Require sign-in is set to "When PC wakes up from sleep". I've even tried toggling it to see if that would work to no avail.

I've tried running a troubleshooter for Power and it didn't find anything.

:)

skun999, Nov 21, 2019
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Computer doesn't lock upon sleep [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 21, 2019
  3. antzshrek Win User
    Windows 10 laptop doesn't go to sleep when wifi is on

Run these steps below:

Method 1: Follow the steps:

Method 2: I suggest you to run in-built Power troubleshooter and check. Follow the steps:

Method 3: If the above method doesn’t help, I would suggest you to reset and restore all of the default Power Plans back with their default settings. Follow the steps.

Method 4: Lastly I suggest you check your chipset and video drivers, try checking for the updates from the manufacturer's website and update all the necessary drivers, i.e the chipset and video drivers

Let me know if the issue is resolved or if you require further assistance.

source: Windows 10 computer

antzshrek, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Computer doesn't lock upon sleep - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't lock

2. Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer: Hi all,I just upgraded computers and therefore went from Windows 10 to 11. Windows 11's "Sleep" option doesn't seem to work the same way as it used to. When I use it, the computer just powers down, but its easily accessed by myself or anyone else maliciously if they just move...
  3. Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep Mode doesn't Lock Computer: Hi all,I just upgraded computers and therefore went from Windows 10 to 11. Windows 11's "Sleep" option doesn't seem to work the same way as it used to. When I use it, the computer just powers down, but its easily accessed by myself or anyone else maliciously if they just move...
  4. Computer is always locked upon screen off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Computer is always locked upon screen off: I have Windows 10 Pro 20H2 installed on a new machine. I have configured it to turn display off after 4 minutes and go to Sleep after 10 minutes. Screen Saver is set to None.Every time the screen goes off at 4 minutes, the PC is locked. I have to unlock it with fingerprint or...
  5. Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power button on monitor doesn't lock or sleep computer?: In change what the power buttons do, I set the power button to sleep computer. But when I press it, the monitor just turns off, without locking or sleeping. submitted by /u/trobot2 [link] [comments]...
  6. Computer doesn't go to sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn't go to sleep: Greetings, My computer is no longer going to sleep by itself. I can force it to sleep by clicking Start > Power > Sleep, but I would like to find why sleep mode is no longer working and fix it. I ran System File Checker. It said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt...
  7. Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Computer doesn't lock or sleep unless I force it to: This has been happening for about a week. version is 2004 build 19041.423 powercfg -requests shows: PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> powercfg -requests DISPLAY: None. SYSTEM: None. AWAYMODE: None. EXECUTION: [PROCESS]...
  8. Lock upon sleep

Lock upon sleep: I've reinstalled windows and noticed that the windows doesn't lock up on sleep and don't ask me to sign in. I know there is an option to enable login credentials after waking from sleep, the problem is that I can't find that option anywhere. It's like the option is being...
  9. My computer doesn't go to sleep

My computer doesn't go to sleep: hey guys, so i'm having a weird issue with my machine. it works great, i actually just reinstalled windows about two weeks ago but it seems the sleep doesn't work. what i mean is going to sleep after 20 minutes, turning off display, not even the screen saver works. things i...
  10. Computer doesn't go to sleep!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't go to sleep!: Hi! My computer doesn't go to sleep. My monitor turn off as i want but the pc not rather, i notice that power consumption pass from 24W to 27-30W. Therefore i use Windows Performance analyzer and i find that after 100s, the process "logonUI.exe" start and use 2/3% of my...