Windows 10: Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.

Discus and support Computer doesn't properly turn off and on. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My laptop stopped properly turning on a two weeks ago; when I try to turn it off, put it into sleep mode, or hybernate, the power button still glows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by The CubicCat, Apr 27, 2022.

1. Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.

My laptop stopped properly turning on a two weeks ago; when I try to turn it off, put it into sleep mode, or hybernate, the power button still glows and the computer fan continues to be on. When I try to turn it on afterwards, it does not do so, and I have to force reboot it. I have tried updating my drivers, which fixed the problem for a few days after which it returned. I have tried turning off fast startup, which also solved the problem for a few days. I have tried running the System File Checker and DISM, which did not do anything. The computer can still reboot as usual.

:)

The CubicCat, Apr 27, 2022
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Computer doesn't properly turn off and on. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 27, 2022
  3. the night light it doesn t turn on

i have problem with the night light it doesn t turn on what am i doing to??

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Devices & drivers / PC]

GEORGIOSMASOURAS69, Apr 27, 2022
  4. Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.

Double Tap doesn`t work on Lumia 620

Hello,

Double Tap to wake doesn`t work at my Lumia 620. I have all on in settings but still doesn`t work. I`m pretty sure that in update AMBER or BLACK this function works properly. But after DENIM update doesn`t. Maybe you are planning some update for this future
    ?

Thanks

Mariusz

MariuszBluma, Apr 27, 2022
Thema:

Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.

1. Computer doesn't properly turn off and on. - Similar Threads - Computer doesn't properly

2. Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.: My laptop stopped properly turning on a two weeks ago; when I try to turn it off, put it into sleep mode, or hybernate, the power button still glows and the computer fan continues to be on. When I try to turn it on afterwards, it does not do so, and I have to force reboot it....
  3. Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't properly turn off and on.: My laptop stopped properly turning on a two weeks ago; when I try to turn it off, put it into sleep mode, or hybernate, the power button still glows and the computer fan continues to be on. When I try to turn it on afterwards, it does not do so, and I have to force reboot it....
  4. Computer turning on is a turn off.

Computer turning on is a turn off.: My computer sometimes turns itself on when it's unattended. I thought it was being used by a bitcoin miner, but virus checks didn't show anything.To prevent it happening I started turning off the net using software before putting it to sleep or shutting down. standard menu...
  5. Bluetooth doesn't turn off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth doesn't turn off: I manually turn it off on settings, close the window but, after I enter the settings again, the Bluetooth button will be on, even if I turn it off before. submitted by /u/storm1902 [link] [comments]...
  6. Airplane mode doesn't turn off

Airplane mode doesn't turn off: My settings are stacked in airplane mode, the button doesn't respond and control panel crashes when I open network settings. submitted by /u/Quintanedu [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j6sv8s/airplane_mode_doesnt_turn_off/
  7. Laptop keeps turning off, but doesn't turn off in BIOS MODE

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop keeps turning off, but doesn't turn off in BIOS MODE: My lenovo thinkpad 13 2nd Gen keeps turning off after a few minutes after turning it on but when i enter bios menu it doesn't turn off, at first i thought it was overheating issues so i cleaned the fan and applied new thermal paste, but the problem has persisted, Now am...
  8. PC Not Going to Sleep Properly? (Display turns off but PC doesn't)

PC Not Going to Sleep Properly? (Display turns off but PC doesn't): Hi, so as of a few days ago, my PC stopped sleeping properly. I've tried changing power plans / running the "powercfg -requests" command and nothing's there. What is happening is when I put the PC to sleep manually, or after the allocated time, my display will turn off but...
  9. Laptop doesn't turn off

Laptop doesn't turn off: So, I'm having this problem for a long time. When I choose the option to turn the laptop off, the screen shuts down, however the computer stays on untill I force it to turn off by keeping the power button pressed. Strangely, if I choose the option to restart the computer it...
  10. My laptop doesn't power off properly.

My laptop doesn't power off properly.: Hello, I've had this laptop for just over a year now but my Lenovo Y520 doesn't go to sleep when I click start and click sleep. When I click sleep it does a normal routine of turning of the screen then going silent. If I press the power button about 5 seconds after my laptop...