Windows 10: Computer Doesn't Recognise USB Device

Discus and support Computer Doesn't Recognise USB Device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I use a USB audio interface to use my microphone with my laptop. I had to use it on another computer so unplugged it to use on that one, then plugged... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HarryConn, Feb 15, 2021.

1. HarryConn Win User

Computer Doesn't Recognise USB Device

I use a USB audio interface to use my microphone with my laptop. I had to use it on another computer so unplugged it to use on that one, then plugged it back into the laptop in question after. My laptop now won't recognise the audio interface it is plug and play so doesn't require a driver and I can't work out how to fix it. I had the same problem yesterday when the exact same problem occurred after the same events. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is hindering my work heavily. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the USB device in Device Manager but to no avail.

:)

HarryConn, Feb 15, 2021
  2. Bagoguts Win User

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Feb 15, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Computer Doesn't Recognise USB Device [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Feb 15, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

USB wireless mouse 'USB device not recognised'

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reason why this issue has occurred. We have some
    questions for your to isolate this matter:

• Have you tried using the USB mouse to other computer?

• Is this happening with other devices?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 4:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 5: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

If the issue persists, it is possible that the
    device itself has issues. We suggest that you
    contact the store
    from where you
    bought the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Feb 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Computer Doesn't Recognise USB Device - Similar Threads - Computer Doesn't Recognise

2. Computer doesn't recognise a usb microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer doesn't recognise a usb microphone: Hello, I've bought my cousin a new headset with an inbuilt microphone Lenovo G20. This headset has 2 wire's. A usb one, which is for the microphone, and the second one is a 3.5mm jack for the headphones themselves. When I plug the 3.5mm wire into the pc, it recognises it as a...
  3. Computer doesn't recognise a usb microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Computer doesn't recognise a usb microphone: Hello, I've bought my cousin a new headset with an inbuilt microphone Lenovo G20. This headset has 2 wire's. A usb one, which is for the microphone, and the second one is a 3.5mm jack for the headphones themselves. When I plug the 3.5mm wire into the pc, it recognises it as a...
  4. Computer doesn't recognise a usb microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  6. USB device not recognised

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB device not recognised: Hello All,Just suddently, my desktop has this kind of issue which it will occassionally pop up an error message saying "USB device not recognised", even though I removed all of my external USB devices, such as mouse and keyboard.However, my desktop is still working fine...
  7. usb device not recognised

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    usb device not recognised: hi my laptop keeps beeping and its telling me the last usb i plugged in malfunctioned and windows doesn't recognise it so i should try and plug it in again however i dont have the usb anymore....
  8. usb device not recognised

usb device not recognised: My usb memory stick has stopped working, I get the following message "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. Code 43 A request for the USB device descriptor failed." Any ideas how I might recover the data from the device?...
  9. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: [ATTACH] I keep getting this showing up when this USB works on other computers, just not the computer I need to use it on! the advice from 2015 of; Method 1: Run the Troubleshoot Hardware and Devices. Hardware troubleshooter reviews, diagnose and identifies operational...
  10. USB Device Not Recognised

USB Device Not Recognised: Hi, About a month ago, I received a notification on Windows that my "USB device is not recognised" immediately after my mouse stopped responding to my inputs. I tried unplugging and replugging the connector on the only USB device plugged in, my wireless mouse. It worked the...